Out-of-Character Chat

ArtamenaV

2 hours ago, Drifter Dwarf said:

Since I'm new to the site I'm not sure if players typically create a character sheet and then update that will all the details or they keep updating their application area or some combination of those two.

I rarely use the MW character sheets because they're too limited for what I need--not enough space to post all the features and their descriptions.

I like individual posts in my app thread, each, for lineage (race), background, class, feats, inventory, and level-ups. Only the class, feats, and inventory need updating and each level-up gets its own post. However, I also keep virtually my entire character sheet right there in my posting template, and it is of course the most up-to-date version you will find.

If the DM asks for an MW sheet, I make one with just the numbers on it so that they can use it for rolls and languages.

On 4/11/2024 at 7:19 AM, ArtamenaV said:

were you going outside to talk to Durin if you're following him out? I intend to go out and speak to my dad so if you're out there I'll mention it for continuity.

@ArtamenaV Yes, I had intended to, but the story has moved ahead. I see you went ahead and crafted your post. Nicely done, and thanks for the courteous inquiry. 🙂 If it helps (in the future), feel free to make minor decisions concerning Ultonius, for the sake of continuity. I'll just follow accordingly in my next post.

6 minutes ago, ArtamenaV said:

@Ziminar do I need to add my Proficiency bonus to my perception check? I am proficient in Perception amongst other things, but I'm still pretty new XD

Yes, you add your proficiency bonus to any of the following:
- Attack rolls using weapons you’re proficient with
- Attack rolls with spells you cast
- Ability checks using skills you’re proficient in
- Ability checks using tools you’re proficient with
- Saving throws you’re proficient in
- Saving throw DCs for spells you cast

2 minutes ago, Ziminar said:

Yes, you add your proficiency bonus to any of the following:
- Attack rolls using weapons you’re proficient with
- Attack rolls with spells you cast
- Ability checks using skills you’re proficient in
- Ability checks using tools you’re proficient with
- Saving throws you’re proficient in
- Saving throw DCs for spells you cast

Neat, good to know, thank you!

9 minutes ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

image.png.00941e0f83ef90729094cf835e5f914a.png

Kindly requesting that we avoid font colors that are impossible to read against the background color.

I think that was intentional??