Stella Sucredes, Aasimar Wizard (Conjurer)

Starhawk

spacer.pngStella Sucredes

"Fighting the darkness of my fallen angel heritage and taking it one day at a time."

Theme: Oh for a muse of fire

AC 12/(  ) HP 8/8 Init 2 Fort 2 Ref 2 Will 4

Female LN Aasimar Wizard - Conjurer - Chronomancer,

Level 1 Init 2 HP 8/8 Speed 30'  
AC 12 Touch 12 F-F 10 CMD 11 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 6 CMB -1 BAB 0  Special DR5 Cold, Electricity and Acid
*Dagger -1 (1d4-1, 19-20/x2)  (+2 Dex)
Str 8 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 20 Wis 14 Cha 16

Arcane Duelist 5/5 +1 to DC or +2 vs SR or +2 to hit

Shift 8/8 (Swift Action no AOO) 5' Dimension Door 

Temporal Pool 6/6pts
* Forewarned: 1 pt Add 1d4 to initiative (self or 30' ally)

* Rewind: Immediate Action unsuccessful spell from failed concentration, successful save, failed SR contest etc spend 1/2 spell level in pts to regain spell in memory (not components or action)..

Spells

0 (All) currently in memory Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Dancing Lights.

1st (4) Color Spray, Crafter's Fortune, Ears of the City, Feather Fall, Grease, Mage Armor, Magic Missile [opposition], Secluded Grimoire,

Alchemical Items

Acid Flask (1) = Alchemical Focus

Alchemist's Fire (4/4)

Weapon Blanch (Silver) (2/2)

Weapon Blanch (Cold Iron) (1)

Condition None

Role: Battlefield Control (Grease, Web etc), Alchemy (Fire, Acid, Healing, Anti-Swarm Weapons), Divination (Ears of the City, Pagebound Epiphany), Party Support (Haste etc.)

Appearance (Table Result 78) - Androgynous

I'm told I'm attractive, but I don't see it.. my eyes are too far apart, my face too narrow, my nose as well. I have eyebrows etched from charcoal, contrasting severely with my pale white skin. I like to dress well. I'm told I look 'bendy' and I guess I do, though I'd prefer curves, but bendy is not the kind of attention I want to draw. I like to dress well and I have to be clean. I abhor filth. With my black eyebrows, serious brow and stubborn jaw line, I can pass for a slim, slim man.

Personality

I'm apparently endlessly cheerful, some might say insanely optimistic and very polite. I smile a lot and enquire after people's health. I'm not sure how much of that is me trying to pretend not to be a killer, an urge I get from a forebearer I conjure, but I imagine it's a good slice, pardon the pun. I've not killed anyone yet, that I know of, so I'm looking for folk to help me stay on the straight and narrow. Mind you, if I find Gaedran, he won't just be history, he'll be geography.. they'll have to collect pieces of him from all over the neighborhood. I'm a support mage, more martial types tend to like me because I'm not out to steal their thunder. I get my comrades in arms out of trouble.

Now, while this is all well and good, there's the danger I might get addicted to violence. So, I imagine, much like my ancestor I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I will not be dissuaded from vengeance, but vengeance might be the line I cannot cross and then return. Will I be lost forever?

Others have found that despite the smile and the courtesy, Stella is a nasty opponent.. the sweetness hides the steel underneath. She is revolted by vermin, having woken up once from a drug induced to find cockroaches and other scuttling filth feeding upon her.

Background

I came to Korvosa to study at the Acadamae, Korvosa's world famous Wizard's College. I was expelled on accout of a drug problem. I was offered sanctuary and a helping hand by a priestess of Magdh, for reasons she would not divulge to me. I get the feeling my fate advances some skein of the weave of fate and fortune that she advances. Doubtless speaking of it would break the thread, but this is mere supposition on my part. In any case, when I recovered from my troubles I applied to the Arcanamirium in Absalom and was accepted. My lover, a fellow addict, had long since disappeared.The priestess herself put me on the ship.

I'm not from Korvosa though, being originally from Kaer Maga, city of anything goes and one time rival to Korvosa. It's a city where the porters are zombies and one of the high fliers is a vampire, though rumor is he behaves. I am descended from fallen angels, something I know too well from my own mentality. I fear I can turn bad.. it is perhaps my greatest fear. I need people, friends, around me. I don't do well on my own.

Anyway, I'm back in Korvosa looking to mend bridges, redeem myself, prove my worth and put a certain someone in the ground.

Home

Stella lives above Hedge Wizardy, an alchemical and magic item crafting shop in Midland, that students of both Korvosa's wizard colleges are forbidden to patronize, for some mysterious reason which is much speculated about. The shop is run by Phaeton Skoda, a drop out from Theumanexus College, her husband and father of her child.. Celeste.

Phaeton Skoda

Phaeton Skoda, what can I say about Phaeton? We're cut from the same cloth.. idealistic dreamers apt to tripping. We both had the same rule 'we don't date our peers'. I was at the Acadamae and he was at Theumanexus, both First Year Students. We saw each other across a crowded room of dancing mages, two worlds collided, and romantically speaking, they've never been able to tear us apart since. He got expelled on account of the fact that he was making drugs, for him and me, for another. I dropped before I could get expelled. He dropped off the face of the planet, found a place to get right, exactly the same as I did. When I returned from Absalom, an Arcanamirium graduate, he was already set up in his dad's shop, balanced and upright.

People look askance at us, wondering. I turn heads and they keep turning. I am more striking than beautiful and I am beautiful by all accounts. Phaeton looks the same as everyone else. He has that everyman thing going. You'd walk past him in the street. In any case, now that we're older and wiser, we're inseparable.. we've been in the trenches together. We've seen each other at our worst. We're both on probation though. We need to prove to Phaeton's mother, Anais, that we're straight enough to get our daughter Celeste back from her. He has the shop, his birthright over which Anais had not say.

I've got to find my way up from all the bad stuff I did. Phaeton, he's the rock, more homely than me. I'm the fighter, on account of my bloodline.

Connections

Stella knows Lemmy from the Acadamae, though she is unaware that she and Lemmy both want Gaedran to die slowly, very slowly.

ooc: Lemmy's player asked if our characters could know each other. I said yes.

What makes Stella special from a build perspective?

She is a Chronomancer. So, she's got some ability with time, pretty much what you'd expect from a follower of Magdh, a fey seer Goddess. She can, for example, make an ally a little faster, or get a failed spell back to recast it.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Rolling on the Aasimar 1d100 chart for the cost of the SLA.

You gain a +2 bonus to your intelligence score.

It's not wings, but I'll happily take it and break out the bubbly.. the MW dice roller has been murdering me all week.

Name
Number on the chart
1d100 40

Posted (edited)

Making a vial of acid, it adds 1pt of damage to Acid orb, if used as a spell foci. It's DC 15

Alchemy 9 + Crafter's Fortune spell 5 = Skill 14

That costs 3.5 gp

Alchemist Fire DC20 6.7gp if successful (not successful but didn't fail by 5) so can try again at no extra cost, succeeded 2nd time. Success.

Rolled a 1 so failed by 5, lose 6.7gp

Name
Alchemy Acid
1d20+14 2
Alchemist's Fire DC20
1d20+14 4
2nd try
1d20+14 14
Another Alchemist's Fire
1d20+14 1
Alchemist Fire
1d20+14 16
Weapon Blanch Silver DC20
1d20+14 7
Weapon Blanch Silver
1d20+14 15
Alchemist Fire
1d20+14 3
Try Again
1d20+14 7
Alchemist Fire
1d20+14 6
Alchemist Fire
1d20+14 8
Weapon Blanch Cold Iron DC 20
1d20+14 3
didn't fail by 5 so roll again
1d20+14 16

21 hours ago, bloodsprite said:

OK thanks, Looks good!

remember to put it in powers per/day somewhere

I put the details and the power load out in the post spoiler for IC posts.

Now you need to find a way to add sneak attack to fully optimize the acid cantrip attack :)

OOh
With one level of Alchemist to add your Int mod to splash weapons, make them Vivisectionist to get Sneak...

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, bloodsprite said:

Now you need to find a way to add sneak attack to fully optimize the acid cantrip attack :)

OOh
With one level of Alchemist to add your Int mod to splash weapons, make them Vivisectionist to get Sneak...

MMMMmmm... interesting. I hadn't considered that since I've never played an alchemist.

Just wanted to make sure that I had some kind of weapon to use against swarms.. the character has a phobia.

Posted (edited)

spacer.pngPhaeton Skoda 'Wierd Husband, Oddball but strangely charismatic'

spacer.pngAnais Skoda 'The Harpy', Stella's Mother in Law

Anais, a trust fund girl from a well to do family. She has an inherited townhouse in Garrison Hill next to the Orsini Academy. She's given up all hope of anything good from her only son and now holds on to her grandchild, fighting for permanent custody.