Flight of the Kessel

8605aba0f141478083fb4450e2e9d476.jpg.8b45d09e027364c9d512506d86df2d56.jpg

Moxi Rei'Wen
Female, Neutral Good Gremlin, Alchemist (Construct Rider) 4

AC/TAC/FFAC: 18/15/14 | HP: 40/40 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+2/+4/+1/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+8/+2 | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | CMD: 14 | FCMD: 10 |Bombs 5/10

SKILLS: Appraise: +11, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Disable Device: +11, Knowledge (Arcana): 11, (Engineering): 11, (Nature): 11, Perception: +8, Ride: +15, Stealth: +12

The amount of industrial machines is like being in a candy store for Moxi. Seeing the loading platform come down Moxi looks at the dwarf. Great crafters in their own right and Midas is someone Moxi would try, and fail perhaps, to talk his ear off on the different projects and machines about. Someone she could talk shop with and maybe even not understand everything herself instead of the other way around. She looks over at Rex beside her. "Come on, Rexy. Going for a little trip...Uhmm by the way. When we get going...I'll still have access to my van during the flight...right?" She asks as she walks over to the van and rolls the window down while Rex jumps in over the drivers seat and to the center between the passenger seat. She climbs in and drives the van onto the platform being sure to things straight.

AC: 17, HP: 40/40 SVS Fort: 4, Ref: 7, Wis: 2,

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

ON-mount-Ebon_Dwarven_Wolf.jpg.dfc42ce4526ef78cf95a198d56fc4ac7.jpg

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Adhesive Spittle Bombers Eye

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

Rackham1.jpg.95a1ff490355f9ec06285c777188ec45.jpgRackham smiled lightly.

Of course you will be able to have access to your van and any other cargo you bring onboard. We have no reason to try and restrict you from your own personal belongings.

Midas glanced over seeing Rex 5108efeb6649445fafcc4c5a635e259d.jpeg

Fine bit of work ya got there, missy. Had a cousin, working on somethin' similar. Bird though rather than beast. Dreadful time trying to compensate the weight to actually allow it to fly. Might turn the silly thing into an ostrich he said, then he could ride it too.

Midas snorted a laugh.

spacer.pngDame Crow - Character Sheet

AC: 16 | HP: 48/48 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'| Passive Perception: 16

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +8, Will: +3

General Feats: Great Fortitude, Gunsmithing, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Deadly Aim

Gunslinger Feats: Grit, Lucky

Grit: 0/4 | Deeds: Deadeye, Gunslinger's Dodge, Focused Aim, Gunslinger's Initiative, Pistol Whip, Utility Shot

"My impression is just fine, thank you very much." Dame huffs at the thought that the horse isn't impressed. Why would it not be impressed? Maybe it's a snort of affection? "There's just two kinds of people. Those who like and appreciate me. And those who're too big of jerks or halfwits to like and appreciate me.

"Speaking of. Midas, is it? I'm going to want a tour of all the big guns tomorrow when we take off. Are you the man who's going to show them to me, or is that someone else's job? For the uh... safety and success of the mission, of course."

She gives her companions a thumbs up as if Midas or Rackham weren't even there.

OOC

Movement: -

Action: -

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Boss.png.8181dd91598ca6bb452d6459c82194d8.pngBoss

AC: 20 | HP: 19/19 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 35' with barding (primary), 50ft without barding

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +13, Reflex: +11, Will: +6

Passive: Low-light vision, Scent

Boss watches Dame. He may not understand the words, but he understands the tone. He snorts again and tugs at her hood. He's not trying to pull it down, but merely give her the understanding that he could if he wanted. His ochre eyes stare directly at her. While they seem to dare her to respond, they also appear to have a glint of humor in them. He nudges her shoulder roughly and somewhat playfully.

OOC

Movement:

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

https://i.ibb.co/BTH4bbZ/ZaerCrop.pngMadam Zaer
Cardomancer Witch -
Las Drujbas Brujitas

AC: 19 | HP: 26/26 TEMP HP: 0 | | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | SAVES:
Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +6

Zaer leaned into Boss and when he played with Dame was all but knocked over. But she recovered and pat his side. She knew that once they were on board she would begin to poke about and find the secret places that most likely would get her in trouble, but those also tended to be the quiet places. Still, while stowing the van and Boss away, she would get a view of the interior of the ship, and perhaps that little bit will help her process where she will be for the next day or so while they traveled.

OOC

General Feats: Great Fortitude, Gunsmithing, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Deadly Aim

Grit: 0/4 | Deeds: Deadeye, Gunslinger's Dodge, Focused Aim, Gunslinger's Initiative, Pistol Whip, Utility Shot

"Boss." Dame snorts a bit realizing that she can't say what she'd tell a person. She'd explain in clear terms both a threat and a compliment, but the nuance or at least Dame's version of nuance, won't work. "Good horse. Keep being a good horse and not a bad horse."

She reaches to script h it's neck as a peace offering. If all the people, monsters, and beasts worth teasing, some aren't worth the price. Boss fits that category.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

8605aba0f141478083fb4450e2e9d476.jpg.8b45d09e027364c9d512506d86df2d56.jpg

Moxi Rei'Wen
Female, Neutral Good Gremlin, Alchemist (Construct Rider) 4

AC/TAC/FFAC: 18/15/14 | HP: 40/40 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+2/+4/+1/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+8/+2 | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | CMD: 14 | FCMD: 10 |Bombs 5/10

SKILLS: Appraise: +11, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Disable Device: +11, Knowledge (Arcana): 11, (Engineering): 11, (Nature): 11, Perception: +8, Ride: +15, Stealth: +12

Nodding to Rackham, Moxi smiled. "It's worth asking, it is a military vessel after all and I am not sure if the cargo has some sealed gimmick to make it harder for pirates to take the cargo hold if they board...Though them boarding poses an problem in and of itself, but that is besides the point. I, am, glad."

When Midas spoke on Rex, Moxi beamed with pride over her Rexy. "Thank you. He's still a work in progress. But he is the bestest boy. Though. Yeah a flying construct would be tough...Aluminum might help with weight...and instead of the bird aesthetic maybe he could use membrane like wings where they can hold more air? Not sure on the designs he's attempted...though a running ostrich would be interesting."

Moxi shakes her head and smiles with the other shenanigans taking place with boss and Dame, though she notes Zaer's uneasiness.

AC: 17, HP: 40/40 SVS Fort: 4, Ref: 7, Wis: 2,

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

ON-mount-Ebon_Dwarven_Wolf.jpg.dfc42ce4526ef78cf95a198d56fc4ac7.jpg

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Adhesive Spittle Bombers Eye

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

5108efeb6649445fafcc4c5a635e259d.jpegCalled a self-destruct protocol, there lass. We get boarded the three primary commands have the ability to trigger the whole ship to detonate. Pirates try to take the hold, the whole ship, their ship, and anyone in the blast radius..

He stuck his finger to the side of his mouth and made a pop sound. Midas chuckled.

We aint runnin' any special ops though on the way to Freeborne, so aint gotta worry about that none.

He set some blocks behind the wheels of the van to make sure it didnt roll, and went to the controls to work the lift to levitate back into the air. It strained a little at the weight as first until Midas pulled another lever and the jade crystal started to glow a bit brighter. With a satisfying hiss of steam the lift rose into the ground without effort and towards the waiting cargo hold door.

XiomaraVitellus.png.c02778faa61a8ff9bdcd7fca0f7a89ec.pngXiomara Vitellus

AC: 18 | HP: 52/52 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +4, Will: +5

Passive: Perception: 15

Xiomara frowns at the casual way in which Midas describes the total annihilation of ships and crew. Her grip on Boss's reins tighten.

"I'm sorry, what?" She looks to Rackham. "You want me to leave Boss overnight in a flying bomb? Then we're to take it to Freebourne tomorrow?" She shakes her head. "Absolutely crazy."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

Rackham1.jpg.95a1ff490355f9ec06285c777188ec45.jpgRackham rubbed his temple slightly, as Midas was already in the air and the platform too far away for him to thump the dwarf over the head.

Bloody dwarf...

He looked back to Xio with a reassuring smile.

The ship is secured inside the barracks here. This is the safest location in all of Tarsis outside of the palace itself. We are not currently transporting anything of military significance. By the time we are assigned with anything upon reaching Freebourne, yourself, boss, and all your fellow Black Sheep will have disembarked. There is no concern regarding the ship and its... security measures. They are a failsafe. And require either the keyword from two of three commanding members of the crew. Being Sophia, myself, or Petty Officer Brackenreid. The other options is the arcane connection recognizes the death of those parties, and goes into auto destruct. None of those scenarios should be a issue.

"See Xi, it's fine. Cause we know that Rackham here wouldn't blow up the ship while the his unrequited love is onboard. He's still got to... y'know, make his big serious confession." She taps her mask where her chin is. "But she does seem like the kind to go out in a blaze of glory. So just really depends on this Brackenreid. Fifty-fifty's not bad odds."

She feels she's done her part to diffuse the situation.

"So... time to head back and party hard? Ooh, Reska said there was another group. We can like... laugh at them assuming they did worse. Or I guess not laugh at them if they did better, but what's the odds of that?"

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)

Rackham1.jpg.95a1ff490355f9ec06285c777188ec45.jpgRackham looked up at the ship again, he listened to Dame's comment but didnt look at her directly. His tone changing again. Sad. Pained.

She'd never give the order if there was a single member of the crew onboard alive and she could help it. She'd order everyone overboard and then drive the ship headlong into the volcano herself.

He sighed slightly, shaking his head. His more carefree voice returning.

As for Brackenreid. He's a very by the books, no-nonsense fellow. You should have him ready to drink a tavern dry in a day and a half there Crow if you just be yourself.

He leaned towards her.

First round in Freebourne is on me if you can make him crack early and catch him dipping into the officer's quarters rum.

XiomaraVitellus.png.c02778faa61a8ff9bdcd7fca0f7a89ec.pngXiomara Vitellus

AC: 18 | HP: 52/52 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +4, Will: +5

Passive: Perception: 15

As if sensing her concern, Boss places his head on her shoulder. Xiomara gently strokes his nose as she listens to Rackham and Dame. She's not reassured, but it isn't like she has a choice. Some risks are necessary. Her eyes move to watch the lift rising onto the ship.

Xiomara respects Sophia, despite Rackham's obvious feelings on the matter. His description of her response is what actually reassures her, somewhat. Few people are willing to do what's necessary. Even fewer choose to live by their principles in an honorable way. Sophia, severe though she may be, appears to be one of those few.

When Dame mentions laughing at the other group, Xiomara frowns slightly. She keeps her eyes on the lift and continues stroking Boss's nose. There is no way she could bring herself to laugh at anyone. They were all once inexperienced. Compared to others, they certainly still are. And that bull...

Xiomara sighs and leans her head against Boss's. He leans into her, enough to support her against him. Together they watch the lift and wait for it to return.

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

https://i.ibb.co/BTH4bbZ/ZaerCrop.pngMadam Zaer
Cardomancer Witch -
Las Drujbas Brujitas

AC: 19 | HP: 26/26 TEMP HP: 0 | | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | SAVES:
Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +6

Zaer watches Xi and Boss interact. It was endearing to see her respond to the majestic beast. Though as she watched the van ascend to the airship she realized that she too would soon be going up as well. Rackham's insistence that they were in the middle of a military base and therefore safe was not comforting to Zaer. But she was surrounded by her Drujba, things will be alright.

But still, she kept her wits about her as best she could.

OOC

"I mean, if you're going to offer me a good time for having a good time... why not?" Dame chuckles, perhaps a bit villainously at the Rakcham's proposal. He's starting to get on her good side. Not that it's the hardest feat to accomplish, but still, it's easier for Dame to work for someone she likes.

Dame also takes the time to really let the ship sink in, the military base, the scale of it all. She always avoided big things like this, found life in back alleys, dives, away from esteemed places of power and privilege. Therefore, all this around her is new, a curiosity.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Reaction: