πŸ‘‹ Hi! I'm a total noob 🐣 please be kind ❀️

littlebird

Nice to meet y'all! I've never played PbP, but went down a Reddit post rabbit hole and landed here.

I occasionally work on IRL immersive participatory experiences with artists, and I'm a huge fan of participatory/installation art and games and experiences that make people feel. I'm wondering if PbP has created this deep feeling of immersion and has made players feel emotions they were not expecting to be catalyzed through the text-based format.

I like to draw, read a wide variety of topics, play video games, drink excellent coffee, and travel—I have a hard time sitting in one place for long, so I'm usually bouncing around time zones.

I'm here to play, learn, and make new friends.

So the Myth-Weaver site works in a pretty structured way:

1. Go to the Game Advertisement page and check out the offered games. This can mean going into multiple games sometimes to check to see that the vibe is right for what you want to accomplish as a player. Posting rates and game focus are really important. You don't want to apply to a game that's going to post far more frequently (or less frequently) than you can allot in your own hobby time. You also don't want to apply to a game focused on dungeon crawling if all you really want to do is a slice of life sci-fi game.

**A note for new players: There are a few advertisements currently in the list that aren't really ads. The powers-that-be are trying to come up with a way to clean these up long-term, but there's some growing pains that came with the new site setup. If you click an ad and get to the campaign forum and there's nothing posted there, it's a safe assumption that it's not really advertising. We -as a community at large- are sorry for the confusion.**

2. So you've found an ad you like? Cool! Now go look to see what that particular GM is requesting in the way of applications. The site works in much the same way a job posting would be. You see an ad, you apply for the game with your idea, the GM has a cutoff date, at the cutoff date they will choose those players that best fit their table.

3. Feel free to interact with folks in the OOC Threads (*Out of Character) and check out some of the non-gaming forums too. We also have a Discord that can offer some quick(er) responses if you need assistance or just want to talk about a ton of other topics.