Fire Starter (RP Thread for Rescuer)

Papa Bear

John leaps across the hole in the floor with the added safety of the bed, just in case. His leap was good, but the floor beneath his feet was burning at the edges and John has to throw his body forward to make sure he doesn't fall from bits of it breaking away. Quickly, his feet are under him and the old lady barely even notices because of the swift 'tap dance' that John pulls off. With a moment to look at her, he can tell that she is starting to asphyxiate from the smoke

spacer.pngJohn Harcourt, aka Rescuer
DCV: 6  Stun: 24/24  Body: 13/13  End: 40/40  Status: none

Out on the fire escape, out of the worst of the smoke, John reaches into the emergency medical kit he got with the fire suit, and straps an oxygen breather onto the woman.

OOC:

Name
Paramedic 13-
3d6 3,4,1

her breathing is labored, but John just saved that woman's life, getting clean air into her lungs just in the nick of time. He carries the old woman over to the paramedics station where she is triaged and immediately placed into one of the ambulances and sent to the hospital.

"Not a moment too soon, old chap." says a voice familiar to John. He turns to find Superion standing beside him. "I think I got everyone else out. Glad you were on hand to rescue that old woman. I'd not have known what to do for her. You're more keen about people in danger than I am. Anyone still left in the building?"

DCV: 6  Stun: 24/24  Body: 13/13  End: 28/40  Status: none

"Hey, Superion. Ain't protecting people what it's all about? You ever need help getting people out of harm's way when you're taking care of a serious bad guy, you give me a call." Rescuer replies. "A kid tells me there was a super making fire. I knocked him out to stop him, but haven't hauled him out yet. You want him?"

John is going back in for the burning man, Superion or not. From what the kid said, he doubts the guy is going to burn up.

OOC:

He's gone!!!

And with that roll, you can check the immediate area and can't find him either. That said, there are a lot of people in the area, all of the gawkers watching the firemen work the fire.

Seeing the look on Rescuer's face, Superion asks, "What's wrong?"

"Looks like the 'burning man' got away while I was getting that woman out. I don't see him anywhere in the area. If that kid was right about him, then we're looking at more building fires. You get to critique my priorities again."

"Guess I'll have to find where he went, and then draw a portrait of the guy to give to the police for questioning."

John goes to check with the medics still on-site about what hospital he was taken to. Or what hospital everyone was taken to.

OOC:

Superior nods, a grim expression on his face.

"Get me a copy of that picture. There are already three confirmed dead. We won't know the real number until this has all been cleared up." He says as he floats up into the air. "Glad you got here when you did. You saved lives. I am off to find a big cup and see if I can help put out this fire." he says as he swoops off into the night sky. John had seen it before. Superion gets some massive objects and scoops up water from one of the rivers or the ocean and pours it out on the fire.

A while back an I environmental organization was protesting Superion doing this but he has been staunchly defended by mayors and Fire Chiefs for saving lives.

Rescuer goes back to the paramedic station and finds out the boy was taken to Sovereign General Hospital.

With the boy's name in hand, John heads home to shower and change. Gathering up a pad and pencils, and a bag of licorice, he hops in his jeep and heads for Sovereign General Hospital. He know it's getting late and he might be turned away, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. He can always try again tomorrow.

At the emergency room desk, he asks for the boy, explaining he was the fireman who pulled him out of the fire, and that the fire department needs his help describing what he saw in there. "The boy said it was arson. We need to make sure."

OOC:

OK, we'll put this on pause for now. John can talk to the boy and see into the boy's memory and draw up the picture. The boy will agree to anything for licorice. Plus, once you use your telepathy to with the boy to confirm to the boy who you are (he remembers the communication in his mind WAY better than when John carried him to safety because smoke in his eyes made it hard to see and he was in a bad state from breathing in so much smoke. The boy will really trust John when he realizes who John is.... and doubly so when he realizes that John is the 'super hero' Rescuer.

He can circulate the picture he drew to the police and use his burner phone to Superion to send a picture of the guy. But it will be a little while before he hears anything...

That said, we will revisit this later when/if John wants to follow up on it.