Difficulty Level

bwatford

Difficulty Level  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult would you like the adventure to be?

• Hard Mode
    • Hardcore Mode

A WORD OF WARNING

Rultmoork is a challenging and deadly adventure intended for veteran players. Only the truly skilled and fearless should dare venture into this place. Rultmoork’s challenges are complex and lethal.

Some groups enjoy the constant looming threat of character death, of genuinely hard and brutal challenges. For these groups, the Hardcore Mode option will increase the individual challenges of Rultmoork even further.

Make your selection.

The difficulty levels don't tell me a whole lot, so I went with Hard based on one reason: If a GM does his best to kill a player character, it's really easy to do so. Even a moderately challenging encounter can quickly turn lethal if all the monsters focus their damage on a single target rather than spreading it around. Maybe not the tough, heavily armored paladin, but there are other party members that are plenty squishy -- myself included. It is possible to make a tough as nails wizard (starting with a level of artificer will do wonders), but I've not built Question to be particularly tough.

1 hour ago, Ayeba said:

The difficulty levels don't tell me a whole lot, so I went with Hard based on one reason: If a GM does his best to kill a player character, it's really easy to do so. Even a moderately challenging encounter can quickly turn lethal if all the monsters focus their damage on a single target rather than spreading it around. Maybe not the tough, heavily armored paladin, but there are other party members that are plenty squishy -- myself included. It is possible to make a tough as nails wizard (starting with a level of artificer will do wonders), but I've not built Question to be particularly tough.

Looks like the hards have it, the module itself has the two modes so just wanted to let the group decide which way they wanted to go.