New to PBP, Looking to Fill That RPG Itch.

Kalidas

Hello everyone,

In recent years I've been introduced to tabletop roleplaying games and have become massively interested in them. I've mainly dabbled with solo and duet play with my wife, as well as sometimes with my brother. My friendship group is not into the hobby and I'm too introverted to jump into face to face or online play with strangers. Forums though are much more my sort of setting. I've taken part in message boards for years as a fan of my sports team and I know discord is the new hotness these days but I still love a good old fashioned message board.

On top of my inexperience induced shyness, I have a rather tiring schedule as a teacher and often struggle to get started and run a session in the evening, so once I learned a bit more about PBP roleplay I figured it would be right up my alley and a great way to get that fix. I've fallen into what I believe is a well-known trap of buying more game systems than I know what to do with, so I am open to trying a few different things. I've recently been dabbling in OSR style games, and I've also liked the look of the things I've seen from Free League, but I'm open to whatever really. Some of the crunchier systems look a bit intimidating but I'm sure I'd get the hang of it eventually.

Anyway, that's me. I'll probably try to figure out how the site works and look at some examples etc first before applying for any games, but hope to see many of you at the 'table' in the future.

Welcome! Lots of OSR love around here, so you’ll fit right in. In addition the active ads, check out Gaming Discussion for potential ideas and tips for successful games, as well as Homebrew for fancy template examples and styles.