General OOC

Posted (edited)

Yeah, the FR lore has some fairly hefty connections to actual Earth, especially the Imaskari being being straight up ancient Egyptians: FR Earth.

...and of course Peruvians are ubiquitous to all settings and tabletop games, as they should be.

edit: Also big Farscape fan, though I've not watched it for a decade and some change. Great old show. There's one song from the soundtrack I always hum to myself when its go time...

Edited by Cointhief (see edit history)

@Cointhief as a player I would say 'Yes', but lets get real here ... the city is getting bombed to shit at the moment, and getting his things from earth and adventuring gear are the last things on his mind. What he has on his person is going to have to do. What he loses is what he loses. The goal now is Escape. Where? Logic would say the city is being bombarded so outside the city seems like a safe bet. While running he will pick up those that can't run and put them back on their feet so they can get moving. He is not the "Black Friday Sale Trampler" type. He will stop to help someone on the ground. And if they are badly hurt he will do his best to drag them on his back. He is not a strong man by any means, but he has a strong enough will to do what needs to be done.

Because of work constraints with terrible timing, Simon will not be joining us after all.

...Which is too bad for us, because he is a fantastic writer/player.

I left the door open for him if things settle down. I will likely not recruit a replacement until after the first part of the campaign, if at all.

Probably be slow this weekend as I'm celebrating my wedding anniversary & mother's day while also being under the weather. Just a heads up.

I've a suddenly even more hectic week coming up next week, so probably won't be able to make any proper IC posts till Tuesday 21st - sorry. I may be able to squeeze a short one in but don't count on it.

Combat posts are usually quick if needed.

Ah darn, I'm at 37 latitude so maybe I was too far south. The nearby city glare is in the same direction, so maybe it was masking it.

Last time I saw them was in Arizona like 20 years ago.

Definitely will try another gaze tonight. :)

Crazy how active the Sun has been lately. I love the recent video the ESA put out of the Sun's surface, so incredible! The eruption around 20s, the interplay between the magnetic fields and plasma... O_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqdmM9dg0UY