Physical labor not being his strong suit, Lucky instead opts to encourage his allies with his bardic magic (and offers the use of some rope from his backpack). He hops out of the cart, tunes his lute, and starts strumming a hearty melody, improvising upon a tune he'd heard Sol hum on the way.

"Just remember, we oughta be quick! Can't keep Purepurin waitin' for long!"

(Using my Uplifting Overture focus spell to Aid Sepurnia's Athletics check.)

"Lucky" Lucky Waterfield

Name
Aid (Performance)
1d20+8 19

Rowena Brevin

Rowena shrugs, and walk around the cart examining it. She reaches around the trapped wheel, and digs out a nice channel for the wheel to slip into, while trying to loosen as much dirt around it as possible. She pauses, finds some sturdy branches to wedge under the cart, and attempts to leverage her lever & fulcrum setup--combined with her meager strength & Sepurnia's efforts--to lift the cart back into place.

Despite her attempts, the rotten branch breaks in the middle before she can put any weight on it.

Edited by Blanket_Thunder (see edit history)
Name
Craft (to fashion a lever of some kind)
1d20+7 6

Sol, seeing Sepurina, Lucky and Rowena were doing a fine job, figured his help wasn't necessary. Either way, he didn't have the muscle needed to push carts. He looked around the cart to see if there were any other troublesome areas other than the wheel.

"Got stuck en route to town?" he said, speaking to the goblin steering the goats, but with his gaze still fixed on the ground. "Beautiful place, good food. Might I ask, where are you from? Also that chicken of yours, how spicy is it actually?"

To whom it may concern, Sol never tried the food in the city.

Sheet

Naziya sits down on a rock to the side of the road, as the undulating mass of plant matter set itself against the cart to help with attempting to right it "Of course, we'd be happy to to help with your cart. I do have to admit, the sound of your 'death chicken challenge' makes me a bit nostalgic. When I was just a girl, it used to be a local pastime. Not Death Chicken, of course, but youths competing to see who could eat the hottest peppers without flinching. Then they'd expect you to swoon over their bravery and fortitude, of course. That part was less amusing."

Name
Foliage Athletics
1d20+10 1

"Is that the best you can do? You're twice our size and are half as strong. Put your backs into it." The matron urges you. She looks askance at Lucky and Sol. "Well at least you are helping."

You can make another attempt.

****MAPS AND HANDOUTS****

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Sepurnia- 47/47 HP, 21 AC 1/3 AP; Fort +9 Refl +8 Will +8 Perc +8; Init (Perc) +8;

Sol- 16/16 HP, 17 AC 1/3 AP; Fort +5 Refl +9 Will +7 Perc +7; Init (Perc) +7 (Stealth) +7;

Lucky- 24/24 HP 17 AC 1/3 AP; Fort +5 Refl +7 Will +7 Perc +7; Init (Perc) +7;

Rowena- 16/16 HP 15 AC 1/3 AP; Fort +5 Refl +5 Will +6 Perc +6; Init (Perc) +4;

Naziya- 54/54 HP 20 AC 1/3 AP; Fort +10 Refl +8 Will +9 Perc +9: Init (Perc) +9

UMOF- -/- HP 20 AC -/- AP; Fort +11 Refl +8 Will +9 Perc +9;

Rowena Brevin

Rowena retrieves another large limb and attempts to fashion another, better lever-fulcrum setup with it, some large rocks, and hopefully the others lifting and helping.

This time it seems to work a little better for her and the others lifting.

Edited by Blanket_Thunder (see edit history)
Name
Craft
1d20+7 17

Sol didn't like the goblin's tone, so he decided to help this time. He went over to the goats and tried to get them to move. Even if he can't push the cart, he could make others do it for him.

wiki says command an animal is nature against animal's will DC

sheet

Name
Nature
1d20+2 1

As the cart remains fixed to its resting spot, Naziya's light banter trails off, and she crosses toward the cart and crouched down behind Sepurnia and the mass of branches, peering between them, "This can't be right, unless you've managed to catch it on something? I dont see anything holding it down..."

Meanwhile, the coiled branches strain to rise, under the side of the cart, one letting out a sharp snap, like Rowena's branch.

Name
Foliage Athletics
1d20+10 5

Your second effort is more effective. The cart is righted.

The matron goes about quickly checking the damage. She flinches at the sight inside the cart. "Carnage." She disappears inside for a short time. There's some clanging and cursing. The other goblins look at each other in concern. It's only a short time before she comes out with some boxes. "We haven't done introductions. I am Dokk the leader of our merry band. I want to thank you for your help, such as it was. Here." She presents each of you with a boxed lunch of chicken skewers, a canteen of goat milk, and a jar of pickle juice.

She has some of the others bring out some sealed mason jars. "If you want you can try some of my Spicy Death Chicken. It's a new recipe." She presents it proudly. Dokk opens one jar and, even from a little distance off, you can tell that the lava-like sauce smells suspiciously of ozone.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Sepurnia- 47/47 HP, 21 AC 1/3 AP; Fort +9 Refl +8 Will +8 Perc +8; Init (Perc) +8;

Sol- 16/16 HP, 17 AC 1/3 AP; Fort +5 Refl +9 Will +7 Perc +7; Init (Perc) +7 (Stealth) +7;

Sepurnia looks unreasonably pleased with the reward and begins tearing into the chicken with relish. At the mention of Spicy Death Chicken, she perks up. "Ooo, that sounds fun, I'd love to try it!"

Sepurnia-

Rowena Brevin

Rowena gladly accepts the food and bites into the chicken,and stows the remaining food into her pack. She looks down at the death sauce with piqued interest and nods her head. "I would also love a taste! But I'm still interested in those cooking bowls of yours! Where did you get them?"

Posted (edited)

Forgot to tell you that the pickle juice functions as a minor healing potion.

Anyone daring enough to taste the spicy death chicken breaks out into uncontrollable coughing fits and sweating for a few seconds. Dokk offers some goat milk to offset the spice.

"Here and there." Dokk answers Rowena. "This was given to my by my mom. This one was a gift from a suitor. I found this in a market. I won this at a fair...." None of them are particularly special, except to her. "Where are you going?" She eventually asks.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Edited by Dax Thura (see edit history)

Before Lucky can begin playing a second verse, his teammates have already pulled the cart out of the ditch. Satisfied, he stows his lute back in its case, and approaches the goblins to inspect some of their wares. Though he was never much for spicy food, Lucky would also find it hard to back out from a challenge labeled the Spicy Death Chicken Challenge, so when prompted he helps himself to some - and is quickly reminded why he was never much for spicy food. Chugging a cup of milk, the bard side-eyes his teammates, wiping his lips on the sleeve of his hanbok.

"Oh, you know, Pathfinder errands-ssu. Some negotiations with a kobold here, some presents for a mighty dragon there, that sorta thing."

"Lucky" Lucky Waterfield

Edited by TheSuperDodo (see edit history)

Naziya also graciously accepts the Death Chicken, and makes her most valiant effort to disguise any discomfort and avoid reaching for the milk if she can, or at least avoid looking desperate for it if she can't, possibly using Lucky's reaction as a moment of cover, before following his conversational thread.

"My comrade's description is a bit summary, but entirely accurate. We should be meeting this kobold, Purepurrin, at a cave not too much further from here... I don't suppose you're already familiar with those neighbors? Do you do a lot of your business in this area, or are you just traveling through?"