Help to translate what I'd do in OGMW to BALDR

Shadewe

Hello all,

1) For whatever reason that is beyond my understanding, I can't edit a post. Any idea why? I'm hitting the three dots in the upper right and it just says 'report' and 'share'. Is the edit option somewhere else?

2) What is the best way to copy a char sheet? I tried quoting but that doesn't seem to work, and I'm not sure how best to do that now.

Thanks for help in advance.

@Shadewe 

(1) Try again now. This is probably a bug that I just introduced while trying to limit moderator permissions in games where they're also players.

(2) Assuming you're trying to copy a formatted post: Quote, then control-right-click the header of the quote and select Keep Contents and Remove Quote.

(1) is resolved, ty

(2) I have no idea what you're talking about :). I clicked on 'copy', there's a little 'quote' memo on the bottom right. I go to a different post where my char is, quote is no longer there. I tried to copy and paste the quote, nothing happened. 

Maybe I should explain what I'm trying to do. The GM made a template char sheet which I think is for the PC's (never actually stated :D). I tried to quote, copy and paste (see above) and I couldn't get the char template over to my char sheet screen. Please help if possible.

I like a few things (not many) about this site, but there are a LOT of things I really don't care for. Getting a template for a char sheet shouldn't need a degree in theoretical physics.

15 minutes ago, Shadewe said:

(2) I have no idea what you're talking about :). I clicked on 'copy', there's a little 'quote' memo on the bottom right. I go to a different post where my char is, quote is no longer there. I tried to copy and paste the quote, nothing happened. 

Maybe I should explain what I'm trying to do. The GM made a template char sheet which I think is for the PC's (never actually stated :D). I tried to quote, copy and paste (see above) and I couldn't get the char template over to my char sheet screen. Please help if possible.

OK, so copying to another thread. bwatford put together a step-by-step guide here: https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/articles.html/articles/baldr-new-user-guide-r9/#Tutorial+for+copying+pasting+quoted+post+on+Myth-Weavers+Baldr++Baldr+to+Baldr+

Tacking on to this @Shadewe, a "copy post" feature is pending to resolve a lot of this headache. We just haven't gotten to it in the beta dev list yet, that's all. It will be a feature before the Baldr version hits full release. Until then, I strongly recommend checking out the New User Guides to learn about the differences beteween OGMW (and BBcode) compared to Baldr. 🙂

• 2 months later...