Emeric Petrovna, Dhampir Paladin

Drakeburn

Emeric Petrovna

Angry lord of the edge Dark Knight by Johnathan Chong | Character  portraits, Fantasy warrior, Skyrim vampire

Lawful Neutral Dhampir Paladin 1

Str 16 (+3) Dex 8 (-1) Con 16 (+3) Int 8 (-1) Wis 8 (-1/+1) Cha 16 (+3/5)
HP 13/13 HD 1d10 AC 18 Speed 35 ft

Passive Perception 11 Initiative -1
Languages Common

Background Hermit Feature DiscoveryThe quiet seclusion of your extended hermitage gave you access to a unique and powerful discovery. The exact nature of this revelation depends on the nature of your seclusion. It might be a great truth about the cosmos, the deities, the powerful beings of the outer planes, or the forces of nature. It could be a site that no one else has ever seen. You might have uncovered a fact that has long been forgotten, or unearthed some relic of the past that could rewrite history. It might be information that would be damaging to the people who or consigned you to exile, and hence the reason for your return to society.

Work with your DM to determine the details of your discovery and its impact on the campaign.

• Longsword +5 to attack, 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage
  • Javelin +5 to attack (range 30/120), 1d6+3 piercing damage

Traits Ancestral LegacyIf you replace a race with this lineage, you can keep the following elements of that race: any skill proficiencies you gained from it and any climbing, flying, or swimming speed you gained from it.

If you don't keep any of those elements or you choose this lineage at character creation, you gain proficiency in two skills of your choice.
, DarkvisionYou can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. You discern colors in that darkness as shades of gray., Deathless NatureYou don't need to breathe., Spider ClimbYou have a climbing speed equal to your walking speed. In addition, at 3rd level, you can move up, down, and across vertical surfaces and upside down along ceilings, while leaving your hands free., Vampiric BiteYour fanged bite is a natural weapon, which counts as a simple melee weapon with which you are proficient. You add your Constitution modifier, instead of your Strength modifier, to the attack and damage rolls when you attack with this bite. It deals 1d4 piercing damage on a hit. While you are missing half or more of your hit points, you have advantage on attack rolls you make with this bite.

When you attack with this bite and hit a creature that isn't a Construct or an Undead, you can empower yourself in one of the following ways of your choice:

- You regain hit points equal to the piercing damage dealt by the bite.

- You gain a bonus to the next ability check or attack roll you make; the bonus equals the piercing damage dealt by the bite

You can empower yourself with this bite a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Features Divine SenseThe presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.
, Lay on HandsYour blessed touch can heal wounds. You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest. With that pool, you can restore a total number of hit points equal to your paladin level × 5.

As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool.

Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it. You can cure multiple diseases and neutralize multiple poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separately for each one.

This feature has no effect on undead and constructs.

Feats

Proficiency +2 Saving Throws Wisdom, Charisma
Skills Athletics +5,  Intimidation +5, Medicine +1, Perception +1, Persuasion +5, Religion +1,
Tools Herbalism Kit
Armor Light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, shields
Weapons Simple weapons, martial weapons

Equipment Longsword, Shield, 5 Javelins, Explorer's PackBackpack
Bedroll
Mess kit
Tinderbox
10 torches
10 days of rations
Waterskin
50 feet of hempen rope
, Chainmail, Holy Symbol (emblem), a scroll case stuffed full of notes from your studies or prayers, winter blanket, set of common clothes, herbalism kit, 5 gp

Personality: I dislike being around large crowds of people, I am paranoid something bad will happen.

Personality: I’m used to having all the time in the world and so I always take my time.

Ideal: Logic. Emotions must not cloud our sense of what is right and true, or our logical thinking. (Lawful)

Bond: I entered seclusion to hide from the ones who might still be hunting me. I must someday confront them.

Flaw: I harbor dark, bloodthirsty thoughts that my isolation and meditation failed to quell.

Show History

Emeric once belonged to an order of knights that were tasked with keeping Tar-Baphon contained. But shortly after a vampire attack turned him into a dhampir, his new hunger drove him to kill one of his fellow knights. He was forced to flee from his former order, who now seek to destroy him to avenge their fallen knight.

When he was on the run, Emeric would try to find shelter at any settlement he came to. But his stays never lasted long as the residents would drive him out after finding out that he was a monster. Discouraged from being driven out from many settlements, Emeric decided to take shelter in an abandoned building far from any civilization. There he satiated his hunger with any animals he can catch, and he would pray for the gods to forgive him for what he had done.

In his time in isolation, Emeric never had visitors until a traveler by the name of Petros Lorrimor. The Professor was caught in a storm as he was on his way back from an expedition, and wondered if he can take shelter in Emeric’s dwelling. Emeric agreed, and had a pleasant chat till the storm had passed. The Professor thanked Emeric for his hospitality, gifted him with some copies of his notes that he had, and went on his way back home.

After that moment, Emeric resumed his prayers and meditation. And after he did so for so long, he finally received a sign. And it happened at the same time that a letter slipped through his door, inviting him to Professor Lorrimor’s funeral. 

Edited by Drakeburn (see edit history)

Everything looks correct and fine tuned. I would recommend perhaps giving yourself a stronger connection to the hook. Having a faithful encounter with the professor is fine, but I don't know if a single meeting would constitute you being mailed for his funeral. Also does Emeric pray to any particular gods, I know that Paladin in 5e don't have to vow themselves to any god so call it simple curiosity.