Notifications from Inaccessible Locations

vicky_molokh

Greetings! Recently I got into a strange situation which looks like it's probably either a bug or an unhandled use case. 

I was subscribed to several threads and fora. At some point, some of the forum permissions/configurations/something has changed. After that, I continued receiving site notifications and e-mail notifications about new posts, but when I clicked on them, I was lead to a page asking me to acknowledge game expectation and join the game. After clicking accept, the acceptance message popped up but nothing changed. Later I tried clicking 'join game' (I am not currently supposed to be outright joining as a player), and the links started working, though some of the fora were only accessible through roundabout ways (from threads). Note that my join request was not granted, at least at the time, yet the access changed.

The whole situation seems like it might warrant a change: notifications leading to inaccessible sections seems wrong from a user perspective, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

• 5 months later...