Act 1, Part 1: The Swordlord's Feast

Kavonde

1378009436_LerrisNinthborneUppershot.jpg.54a7f97668515b977c6606102dab2517.jpgLerris Ninthborne

HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +3 |Will: +7  | Hero 1/1 | Languages: Common (Taldane), Hallit, Skald

"That's awful dutiful of you Judge, to take that all upon yourself I mean. Especially on our collective behalf, as you put it." Lerris said with an appraising look towards Zakon. He understood what the Judge was getting at, though perhaps in a different way. For Lerris it came down to the first and oldest lesson he had ever learned, there was strength in numbers. He ran four fingers through his hair, parting it back for only a moment to reveal a few more scars. Then spoke once again. "Though I suppose that's a quality any judge worth his salt should have in spades, eh?

"I'd for one appreciate the service, Judge. But if it's all the same to you I'd like a look at whatever contract you draw up once its finished. Doubt you're trying to scam me, or even that I'll have much to add. But I try not to make a habit of signing my name on anything I haven't read." Lerris insisted. It was strange how well he managed his tone. It carried the same soft friendliness that his voice usually had, dashed with his overall humble attitude. But it was still firm nonetheless. There was strength in numbers of course, but that was no longer good enough for Lerris. Nowadays he was more concerned with how that strength would be used.

"But that's probably enough about contracts and such for now, eh? Before anything's signed I figure the Swordlord will ply us with some good food and liquor. And the gods know we'll have little of that in the days to come." Lerris said as he turned back towards the manor proper, the summons being made clear to all. "Besides, seem we've been called."

Lerris fell into the queue fairly easily. He noticed the slight jeering's from the group at the side, but they didn't particularly bother him. A man was measured by how well he took snickers after all and Lerris had plenty of practice. Besides, in his experience you didn't buck assumptions with words or a bad temper. You did that with action. That was why he was also immediately wary of the gnome with an attitude.

"Suppose there's some wisdom in that. The gods test men indeed." Lerris said plainly in response to the gnome's comment. Frankly, he wasn't too keen on being lead anywhere by someone who assumed themselves to be among the "greatest men." Lerris had done enough of that already. But once again, measured by actions not words. Still, that didn't stop him from noticing a guard whisper his and Millannius names, then chuckling soon afterwards. Lerris put on a smile of his own, then leaned over to his fellow subject of derision.

"Seems we've already made an impression, eh? For better or for worse" Lerris said as he leaned over to Millanius side, nodding towards the clawed handprint grouyp. Then he laughed in a friendly way that came easy to himself, continuing to speak. "A good sight better than what I expected though to be honest. Figured they would have chased me out with a stick, that or grab me by my ankles and dunk me in a bath."

Edited by Rider Z (see edit history)

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Millanius the Arcane - Human Thaumaturge 1

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 | Perception: +5

Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +5  | Conditions: None

ResourcesCharacter:
-Hero Points: 1/3
-Focus Points: 0/0

Consumables:
-

Items:
-
| Spells/ScrollsScrolls:
-

Cantrips: 
-

Level 1:
-
| Skills*Acrobatics: +6
*Arcana: +3
Athletics: +1
Crafting: +0
*Deception: +8
*Diplomacy: +8
*Esoteric Lore: +7
Intimidate: +5
Medicine: +0
*Nature: +3
*Occultism: +3
*Performance: +7
*Politics Lore: +3
*Religion: +3
Society: +0
*Stealth: +6
Survival: +0
*Thievery: +6

*Trained

The man looks at the woman who addresses him, "Showy? Surely you mean powerful? Nay, Awe-inspiring? Majestic perhaps? But if you judge me simply by the state of my cloak, well, its been quite a journey to get here. Maybe I shall tell you the tale of it sometime!" He smiles charmingly, though the monkey on his shoulder smacks its face with its little paw and shakes its head.

He heads in as the group is summoned, and when the rather rude gnome speaks up he can't help but agree slightly, though he keeps his mouth shut at this moment, looking around the room. His steps may have a bit of strut to them as he taps his cane on the floor, but his eyes move with apprehension and uncertainty that he struggles to hide. The man is rather subtly out of his depth.

OOC/Actions

Other:

Action 1: 

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Reaction: Recognize Spell

Free: 

Familiar/Other Modifiers

Stitches the Monkey | 5/5HP | AC18

Per: +5/Fort: +6/Ref: +6/Will: +5

-Low-light Vision

-Manual Dexterity

-Valet

-25' Land Speed

Effects:

-15' Aura, Circ bonus to Dip/Int/Dec & +1 v. Fear

-Success v Mental is crit success

-+2 Damage from empowerment

-Activate any Scroll

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Studded Leather Armor

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Thieves' Tools

Weapons

-Sword Cane

-Dagger

-5x Darts

-Scepter (Regalia)

Containers

Masterwork Backpack

-Bedroll

-Lantern, hooded

-Rations (1 week)

-Rope (50')

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandolier

-3x Flasks Oil

-Manacles (poor)

-5x Sacks

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Flint and Steel

-Playing Cards

-Thieves' Tools

-Soap

-2x Candles

-3sp, 7cp

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

image.png.40d02d917774d342399259154297e983.pngAs those gathered outside began to file into the manor, Zakon allowed the men in uniforms to pass him, so that he might take position closer to Lerris. As they passed, he paid close attention to their armor and heraldry but did not engage them further, just yet. Turning to Lerris, Zakon offers his tablet, "If you would like to review this document and let me know if you have questions or amendments... I believe that this will satisfy Lady Aldori and her staff, should my services be necessary, and that you will find the terms both agreeable and advantageous."

Indeed, the document describes in extremely formal detail (after a section defining several common terms that would be used throughout) the intention of the undersigned (the "Clients") to retain the legal services of Zakon Malheur (the "Lawyer") for the duration of the evening (Article I retains the rights of both parties to re-negotiate an extension to the contract, or to draft a charter formalizing their adventuring company, upon formal acceptance of the expedition). The terms grant the Lawyer exclusive rights to act as the Clients personal barrister, granting access to review all documents and contracts ahead of them being presented to and formally signed by the Clients. 

It specifically denies the Lawyer the right to sign or make binding agreements on the Clients' behalf, and limits the scope of legal rights being granted to the formal preview of documents (or written drafts of verbal offers), for the express purpose of vetting the terms and negotiating amendments ahead of any formal agreements being offered or accepted (a rather common practice to avoid any embarrassing surprises, especially in high profile events such as this). Article II covers the Lawyer's responsibilities, including the waving of fees and commissions for this service (again, to be re-negotiated if the contract is extended beyond the scope of this specific agreement), and that the Lawyer is legally bound to act in the best interests of the Clients. The Lawyer is also responsible for explaining the terms and conditions of any binding agreements proposed for the expedition, confirming the Client's understanding prior to entering into them. Article III captures the Client responsibilities, which appear to be quite simply to make a good faith effort to act in a manner that would not undermine the Lawyer's efforts, for the duration of the feast, dealing with him honestly and to disclose any pertinent information, including but not limited to any preconceived terms upon which the Clients would insist. 

There is quite a bit of additional boilerplate and butt-covering there but it does appear as though Zakon has made an effort to structure the agreement such that the Clients give up none of their rights or final decision-making power and that the person most tightly bound by the contract would be himself. The document simply serves to formalize their desire to have their Lawyer review agreements ahead of time, ensure that the language is acceptable to all parties involved, and to explain the details of any agreements to his Clients before they sign onto the expedition. 

Edited by BlackHat (see edit history)
Name
Society roll to identify the uniforms/symbols
1d20+7 11

Zakon successfully recalls a bit of knowledge tucked away in his memory: judging by the colors of their tabards, the symbol they wear, and the fact that every member of this group is completely concealed by their armor, these individuals must be members of the Iron Wraiths. The Wraiths are a moderately famous mercenary group (and occasional adventurers-for-hire) who have operated around the Inner Sea region for more than a decade. They're not picky about their clients, but stick to their word--they're fairly popular among the nobility of Cheliax. They're also said to have their base of operations in a small region of the tumultuous River Kingdoms that they've brought under their control.

Edited by Kavonde (see edit history)

The queue advances into the great hall, with the guests either entering independently, like the pale elven woman and the obnoxious little gnome, or in groups, like the Iron Wraiths. As you reach the doors, you are greeted by the butler and passed off to one of the lesser servants, who guide you to your seat.

The specious hall has been prepared for a great feast. Servants hustle and bustle about, while several armed soldiers--Lady Jamandi's house guards--watch over the hall from their positions against the east and west walls. To the north, a fire crackles away in a large fireplace. An iron level secured by a lock adorns the fireplace's eastern face. Two massive crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling twenty feet above. The walls are decorated with painted murals of idyllic woodland scenes: nymphs frolicking amid waterfalls, saturs dancing with fawns in wooded glades, and various winged fairy creatures flitting through the trees. Nine long tables are arranged around the central portion of the room, each holding plates, utensils, mugs, goblets, and full, ready-to-be-poured pitchers of ale, wine, mead, and water. The smell of roasted meat and other delicious scents fill the room, yet no food has yet been served.

By fate or some machination, the six of you are all seated at the same long table. Seated there already is a beautiful human woman with short blonde hair, clad in a simple gray surcoat and unadorned armor. She sits rigidly, her back straight, and she eyes you with a neutral expression as you take your seats. Shortly after your arrival, you are joined by the quiet elven woman, who edges as far away from Zakon as she can without being obviously impolite; she does not make eye contact with any of you. A moment later, the space next to Thomas is claimed by the purple-clad gnome who spoke of leading this expedition. He sneers contemptuously at all of you and takes up a goblet, sniffing it disdainfully before taking a sip. A single empty chair remains at your table.

Across the hall, you see Amiri, Linzi, and Harrim are seated together--despite Amiri's protestations--as well as the Iron Wraiths. A few more adventurous-looking types have arrived behind you, queuing up for their turns to be seated. Judging by the amount of empty seats remaining, it looks as if about a dozen more guests are expected.

spacer.pngVerne Greencloak | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15  Fort: +3  Ref: +4  Will: +9 | Hero Points: 1/1

Verne is distracted and a bit overwhelmed as the flow of people rushes in to the feast hall.  Judging by their kindness to his friend, he is torn between following the sad dwarf whose name he's forgotten, or Thomas.  When the dwarf gets lost in the rush, the choice becomes easy, and he ends up at the table with everyone.  Finding a spot at the table, Verne is ever garrulous, and seems very excited about the feast and the company and the impending food.  Seeing people he hasn't met sharing the table, he addresses them directly.  He says cheerily, "Hello!  I'm Verne!" to the blond woman, "Verne Greencloak," as he turns to the elven woman.  "We all met outside, so it's not fair you shouldn't know us.  Except the older gentleman in the purple, I don't know who he is.  Anyway, I'm a child of the woods, Thomas is kind and sad, Millanius is sensitive and clever, Antonia is proud and polite, Lerris is wise and... something else I can't quite figure out.  And Zakon is a judge, which I don't really understand, but apparently he can make sure we don't lose our lives.  And he trains dogs, but there aren't any here."  Verne points to each person in turn, as he introduces them, and then a thought occurs to him, and he looks around, concerned.  "Is that right?  I didn't mean to offend anyone."

Meanwhile, the bear cub is under the table, where Verne nudged him to go, and a long muzzle pokes out from the opposite end, nearest the kitchen door, snuffling continuously, punctuated by plaintive grunts. 

y0rRwhX.png

Thomas of Nowhere | checked-shield.svgAC: 16 | health-normal.svg HP: 19/19 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +6 | Hero: 1/1 | FP: 1/1

Eidolon | checked-shield.svgAC: 18 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +7 | Will: +4

Thomas puts a hand on his heart and gives Millanius a shocked and offended expression. "Seems those ridin' high on arcane might have nae use for assistance!" His highland brogue seems to thicken in response, like a cooling stew.

"Faery servants were though puir brilliant among mages an' the like, once. Well, an' if ye wish tae handle all yuir impressiveness yuirself, I'll be glad to leave you to it!"
Thomas' tone tries to be bantering, but there's a thread of hurt threaded to it; no way to know how real. The gaunt fae's frown manages to deepen somehow, and they put their pointy noise in the air and sniff once. Thomas scowls at them, and gestures dismissively, almost spitefully, like a young man slamming the door of his room. The fae fades again, slowly growing more and more translucent until they're gone.

Thomas fiddles with a coin, rolling it over his knuckles again and again, and does a passable job of walking it back and forth, on his way in.
He looks downright sulky until Verne speaks up.

"Kind! Ye have me wrong, lad, but I'll forgive ye on account o'yuir fine an' furry friend."

He keeps toying with the coin until the gnome. Then--"Oops!"--he fumbles it, sending it clattering past the arrogant gnome. He reaches past the gnome, brushing against him without even looking at him. The casual disrespect is--may be?--a cover for his light finger, checking the gnome's pocket.

Name
Thievery
1d20+6 9

image.jpeg.6ce62c44f1d456346732f37673d70360.jpegLerris Ninthborne

HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +3 |Will: +7  | Hero 1/1 | Languages: Common (Taldane), Hallit, Skald

One resounding thought rung out in Lerris, he didn't belong here. That wasn't exactly an accomplishment however. Anything more than than a vase of flowers on a table was considered too fancy for him. Crystal chandeliers and painted murals were obviously a good sight beyond that. But he had expected that of course, and just because he didn't belong didn't mean he didn't feel welcome. Good mead and good company had a way of loosening a man up no matter how stiff the environment was. Lerris remembered back to a particular day when he was thirteen of fourteen, sitting in the woods surrounded by bastards of all sorts after a raid, and singing campfire songs while they all drained the world's supply of mead away. He'd call it good times, but he knew better than to lie to himself.

"Wise!?" Lerris nearly choked on his mead when Verne called him wise. He'd been called a great many things before, wise had never been one of them. But nonetheless, after the shock had left, a great big grin formed across his face. Then Lerris reached across the table to clap Verne in a friendly, but heavy, way on the shoulder. Nearly spilling over his mead in the process. "Don't know if I'd quite call you right but I appreciate it nonetheless!"

Lerris pulled back from Verne and leaned back in his seat with a small chuckle, then took another drink of his mead. Smile still painted across his face, he turned back to Zakon's tablet. Lerris hadn't lied when he said he knew his letters, it was a fact he was extremely proud of. And his knowledge of basic arithmetic as well. That wasn't to say he got through the contract with ease however. He had to reread the thing once before finally feeling like he had a reasonable understanding of the language. Though for the sake of his own small pride Lerris reasoned that most would have trouble with a legal contract if they hadn't seen one before, regardless of their education. But still, he figured it out in the end. Partially because it seemed like Zakon had made the contract more understandable for those who weren't an expert in the field, which he certainly appreciated.

"This is awfully generous Judge. Protects just about every right of ours I'd imagine we'd have. I like the part that has you confirm our understandings beforehand, and the part about us disclosing all... er." Lerris squinted at the words again, muttering something under his breath. Keen listeners would hear him mouthing out a word he had obviously never heard before, obviously trying to get it right before speaking. It took him just enough time to figure it out where it didn't cross from the realm of slightly, to extremely, embarrassing. 

"Pertinent. Pertinent information." Lerris said, satisfied with his pronunciation of the word. "That bit ought to keep everything honest. That's always been my problem with most contracts see, more often than not they end up just being lies hidden behind ink. Except lies spoken are more easy to spot, and less legally binding. So to speak."

Somewhere, a mysterious observer rolls a die for no particular reason.

On a completely unrelated note, Zakon notices Thomas' successful attempt to lift something from the gnome's pocket: a gold ring with a flat circle on top. Zakon can't quite see the insignia etched into its surface, but Thomas will be able to when he has a second to examine it: a single, stylized chalice.

Name
roll
1d20+6 14

image.png.40d02d917774d342399259154297e983.pngAmiri was not the only one protesting her seating assignment. As the group was funneled into the hall by the servants, Zakon insisted that he did not require a seat at the table and that he wished to speak privately with Lady Aldori's barrister at their earliest convenience, concerning the expedition. The way he said it implied he was being polite and that he actually expected to be directed to an office or study, rather than the great hall. The servants placated him with assurances but largely ignored the paperwork he produced. He quickly found himself brought to the great hall and seated with the others. Niviq'xis attended to him, joining the other servants in trying to stay out of everyone's way. Very well, the staff is busy seating everyone. I'll try again, once we've settled in. Once I have a letter granting me the legal authority to insist on reviewing the terms Lady Aldori has in mind.

Trains dogs?  Zakon did not have the first idea where Verne had gotten that impression about him. He probably would have corrected Verne, even if the young druid had not asked if he had gotten that right. "I do not train dogs," Zakon stated simply, content with setting the record straight. "... and, until we have a formal agreement in place, I am not responsible for any of your lives." Zakon glanced in the direction of Thomas and the gnome when Thomas dropped his coin, souring at the exchange. 

Speaking of formal agreements, he shifted his attention to Lerris who was giving the document a commendable amount of consideration. He appreciated the praise and hoped it might spark some interest with others at the table. "Yes, there is a Chelish saying that 'a verbal agreement isn't worth the paper it is written on.'" Zakon snorted at his own joke, "... that isn't entirely true, of course. Verbal agreements can be quite binding. Particularly ones made with the supernatural." Zakon offered Lerris his quill, "Your assessment of contracts is not without merit but I assure you that lawyers who take advantage of their clients trust, soon find themselves with neither clients nor trust. I mean no offense but my reputation means more to me than anything you could sign away." 

1079115390_AntoniaTKN.png.82fdea90cef4be4512af0c85ea13c109.pngAntonia Rullianus

checked-shield.svgAC: 17 | health-normal.svg HP: 19/19 | awareness.svg Per: +5 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +8 | Will: +5 | Hero: 1/1 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

As they were lead into the grand manor, Antonia followed behind with her heels clacking lightly against the flooring, ensuring every step echoed through the open chamber. Her silver-blue gaze bounced around the large interior, drinking in every gaudy expression of art and craft work as if it were an oasis in the center of a parched desert. That sometimes-wicked-sometimes-charming smile was present on her lips and it would be difficult to discern whether she thought highly of the decor or absolutely hated it. Was that smirk mocking or pleased?

As they were all seated, the dark-haired woman did not say much. In fact, to the very perceptive eye, it seemed like she might be perspiring a bit on her forehead, just below the beginning of her hair line. When she was introduced, it actually took a moment for her to realize that she had been called by name. Her eyes widened, her smile dropped for but a second, and then she understood what was happening. The sly smile returned and she nodded towards the new arrivals in the place of a respectful greeting. Although, she did spare a disdainful sneer towards the gnome and is overconfidence. After a moment of thought, she decided to speak on the matter. "Careful, friend." She started, looking directly at the short man's angular, prideful face. "I have heard rumors that making such a face for too long could make it stay that way permanently. Although, that could very well just be an old wives' tale, as they say. It does make one wonder, though...Could it contribute to male pattern baldness? Something to think about, perhaps. Or maybe it is all just nonsense. In either case, I will admit that I am overjoyed to be seated amongst familiar faces – rather, faces that have recently become familiar at the very least." She reached out and plucked a goblet from the table and sniffed it, mirroring the gnome, except her face seemed to denote that she enjoyed the scent. She took three hearty gulps and placed the goblet back down on the table with a loud clunk. "Ahhh...I never grow tired of drinking other people's wine." Antonia raised a hand and brushed at the small strands of obsidian hair that lightly stuck to her forehead, subtly wiping away the perspiration there in the process. The fencer suddenly seemed at ease.

Antonia's gaze moved to Lerris and she tilted her head to the side, regarding him a long moment as she grabbed the goblet of wine once more and held it casually in her other hand, hovering above the table. "So then, the contract is upstanding and all that? Be certain, Lerris. I am going to trust your word, after all. I will be mighty displeased if you tell me all is well and then sign me off to a lifetime of servitude..." The icy blue eyes moved towards the chained slave-girl near Zakon. "...wearing strange robes and carrying bags for my contractor." She then looked away, downed the rest of the wine in the goblet, and held it aloft. "What is the refill situation around here? Do I need to do it or should I make a request to Lady Jamandi herself?" She chuckled lightly and waved the goblet about.

Edited by Spektor (see edit history)

The gnome scowls at Antonia with slightly more hostility than he does the rest of his tablemates. "Contracts? How pathetic. Under my command, there will be no need for contracts. You will obey me and prosper, or you will disobey me and face the wrath of the greatest sorcerer that the River Kingdoms have ever produced. Yes, if you have not already recognized me--and perhaps you have not, some of you look particularly doltish--I am the Great and Powerful Tartuccio!" The gnome sticks his thumbs under the lapels of his robe and puffs his skinny chest out.

None of you need to dig deeply into your reserves of knowledge to say with certainty that you have never heard of this gnome in your lives.

The blonde woman rolls her eyes and lifts her goblet a bit, looking like she is straining to resist the impulse to hurl it at Tartuccio's head. "If introductions are in order, I am Valerie. A pleasure to meet some of you."

"Jaethal," the pale elf says from her spot at the end of the table. Her voice is surprisingly dark and rich, given her unhealthy appearance. "Don't expect me to remember any of your names. You mayflies are rarely worth the effort."

One of the servants cycling through the tables notices that Antonia has emptied her goblet and hurries over with her pitcher to refill it.

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Millanius the Arcane - Human Thaumaturge 1

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 | Perception: +5

Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +5  | Conditions: None

ResourcesCharacter:
-Hero Points: 1/3
-Focus Points: 0/0

Consumables:
-

Items:
-
| Spells/ScrollsScrolls:
-

Cantrips: 
-

Level 1:
-
| Skills*Acrobatics: +6
*Arcana: +3
Athletics: +1
Crafting: +0
*Deception: +8
*Diplomacy: +8
*Esoteric Lore: +7
Intimidate: +5
Medicine: +0
*Nature: +3
*Occultism: +3
*Performance: +7
*Politics Lore: +3
*Religion: +3
Society: +0
*Stealth: +6
Survival: +0
*Thievery: +6

*Trained

Millanius shuffles forward in the queue until he finally reaches his seat. The aesthete in him can't complain finding himself wedged between the three finest looking people in the room. Having already had introductions of sorts with the other two, he turns to the knight to his left while the others engage with the unpleasant gnome. 

When she introduces herself he replies, "Just Valerie? Not 'Lady Valerie the Valiant, future Queen of the River Kingdoms'? Er, Queendoms." He makes a small chuckle and continues, "I am Millanius th- well actually, if you're just Valerie maybe I'm just Thom, but don't tell them that." He says, gesturing with a toss of his head toward the others. He listens to the bombastic gnome talk with a rather flat expression, "Watch this." He whispers to his dinner companion with a smile. 

He stands to step around the table and bow to the sorcerer with his customary flourish, hand gripping the scepter thrust through his belt. "I am Millanius the Arcane, a pleasure to meet another powerful practitioner of the Arcane arts. Though for one so Great and Powerful, why do you have such dirty ears?" He reaches out and deftly plucks a silver coin from the gnome's ear and holds it up to draw the eyes of those at the table. While everyone is looking at that, he snatches the gnome's dinner plate and slips in into his cloak. 

OOC/Actions

Other: Roll Deception

Action 1: 

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Reaction: Recognize Spell

Free: 

Familiar/Other Modifiers

Stitches the Monkey | 5/5HP | AC18

Per: +5/Fort: +6/Ref: +6/Will: +5

-Low-light Vision

-Manual Dexterity

-Valet

-25' Land Speed

Effects:

-15' Aura, Circ bonus to Dip/Int/Dec & +1 v. Fear

-Success v Mental is crit success

-+2 Damage from empowerment

-Activate any Scroll

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Studded Leather Armor

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Thieves' Tools

Weapons

-Sword Cane

-Dagger

-5x Darts

-Scepter (Regalia)

Containers

Masterwork Backpack

-Bedroll

-Lantern, hooded

-Rations (1 week)

-Rope (50')

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandolier

-3x Flasks Oil

-Manacles (poor)

-5x Sacks

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Flint and Steel

-Playing Cards

-Thieves' Tools

-Soap

-2x Candles

-3sp, 7cp

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)
Name
roll
1d20+8 17

y0rRwhX.png

Thomas of Nowhere | checked-shield.svgAC: 16 | health-normal.svg HP: 19/19 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +6 | Hero: 1/1 | FP: 1/1

Eidolon | checked-shield.svgAC: 18 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +7 | Will: +4

Thomas's mouth twitches, and he muffles a laugh by twisting it into something like a startled gasp. Then he looks indignant on Tartuccio's behalf, shaking a finger at Millaninus

"Look 'ere, didn't ye 'ear who this is? How dare ye? That's the Great Petruccio, that is!"

image.png.40d02d917774d342399259154297e983.pngWhile Lerris and Antonia consider retaining a lawyer, Zakon turns his attention to the gnome. Never feed the trolls, they say. Still, after his disparaging of contract-law, Zakon couldn't resist. "I must consider myself fortunate, then, that I am not under your command. It sounds as though you would have little need for lawyers and judges and I would quickly find myself with fewer prospects." Zakon's signature displeasure twisted into what might be a smirk of amusement. It was a little hard to tell. "Perhaps you could give us a demonstration of how the Great and Powerful Tartuccio resolves disputes without contracts, agreements, or laws, other than his own will. For example, let us say that someone... allegedly... reached into your right pocket, there, and stole a golden ring. How long would it take for the 'wrath of the greatest sorcerer that the River Kingdoms has ever produced' to set this injustice right?"