Character Creation Rules/Questions

Stranger, I think you might be thinking of an older system. I just reviewed the AC rules and it seems that same as standard Dungeons and Dragons. You make an attack roll on a d20 and add all you bonuses and it has to equal the targets AC or higher to hit.

Per the rules I have, your AC is a base of 10, plus your dex modifier, plus your armor AC. For your character your base is 10, plus the 5 for armor plus 1 for your dex. So your AC should be 16, not 4.

Again this is per the rules I have from the link the was given. Perhaps you are thinking of an older version or a different system. Or I have got the wrong rules all together.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)

Also, Stranger you sheet shows you have 1d8+2 damage for melee combat, but you have no melee weapons listed. How did you get this as normal unarmed attack is 1d2? I am asking to learn, not trying to tear your guy apart. If you managed it by the rules then I would just like to know how for future reference.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to remake my character and play this Saturday. I'm still not sure, but there may have been a schedule conflict for the 14th anyway. Either that or I'd be cutting it close by the skin of my teeth.

I hope you guys have fun anyway. 

@Draidden @Moondragon007  We have only two applicants.  I think normally I would be able to get one more player out of the people in the Discord already, but truth is, I cut off my the top of my finger Thursday night and am just not in the mood.  I am canceling this session.  Not sure if I will run this same game or not next session considering the lack of interest. If I run it, I will let you both know that you have first dibs.  So sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

\o/

OK, so we are bad boys getting co-opted to do off-the-books bad boy stuff, it seems. My usual go-to is techie, so thinking either a hacker who got snagged for anti-corp financial fraud, or a big-ideas engineer/scientist who said something on the wrong side of politics and got himself jailed. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Eric said:

\o/

OK, so we are bad boys getting co-opted to do off-the-books bad boy stuff, it seems. My usual go-to is techie, so thinking either a hacker who got snagged for anti-corp financial fraud, or a big-ideas engineer/scientist who said something on the wrong side of politics and got himself jailed. Thoughts?

Both sound fun