Campaign Rules / House Rules

iantruesilver

Over the years, I've condensed what used to be some huge blurb, to some justification as to why I needed such a huge blurb.  Not that all of it really mattered.

For simplicity's sake, let's first just set out the basics and reiterate the Game Expectations:

1. Myth-Weaver’s Rules: Yes, these still apply here.  Follow them or get the big leather boot.

2. Respect Fellow Players: Do I even need to keep harping this one‽

3. My Rules: Three don’ts and one do.

• Don’t metagame
  • Don’t rule lawyer
  • Don’t be a douchehat
  • Do some fun once in your life

That’s it.

1. Posting Frequency: Twice weekly.

2. Absence: Whether you are expected to be absent for whatever reason, or roleplay fatigue is getting you down, please simply communicate it to us as such. We won’t judge. We’ll welcome you back when you’re ready.

The important stuff:

Content Allowed

• Paizo published only, referenceable upon request via AoNPRD or Book and Page Number

Advancement Track

• Experience Points are earned on the SLOW advancement track (Core p30, Table 3-1)

Multiclassing

• Fractional Base Bonuses (PU p40) may be used for multiclass builds

Some common sense things:

Feats

• Feats requiring the choice of "one type of weapon" (such as Weapon Focus) may be applied to an entire Weapon Group

Combat

• Slings may be used while prone
  • The White-Haired Witch's White Hair is considered a slashing weapon
  • Companions and Familiars act on their respective players' initiative

Firearms

• Golarion is at emerging guns
  • Metal cartridges are only destroyed during a misfire

Equipment & Treasure

• Standard rules for selling treasure (Core p140) are observed
  • One pound of coffee (either beans or grounds) yields 28 eight-ounce cups of brew
  • One pound of tea, yielding 28 eight-ounce cups, costs 1sp.  Ceremonial tea costs 2sp per pound.
  • Potions weigh 0.1lb

(That other time when my live group tried to math me again):

• The additional cost of 6gp for a single unit of ammunition to be made with masterwork quality (Core p149) refers to a single projectile (one arrow, one bolt, one shuriken, etc)

Skills

• Background Skills (PU p46) is in effect
  • A character administering a potion to an unconscious creature must make a DC 15 Heal check to avoid choking the recipient
  • Clarification on the Ride Skill:
Per Core p104:

Fast Mount or Dismount: You can attempt to mount or dismount from a mount of up to one size category larger than yourself as a free action, provided that you still have a move action available that round.  If you fail the Ride check, mounting or dismounting is a move action.  You can't use fast mount or dismount on a mount more than one size category larger than yourself.

This is the only restriction upon a character's ability to ride a mount more than one size category larger than themselves.  All other uses and tasks involving the ride skill are as per RAW.

Making financial sense (because one of my players in my live group tried to math me some time ago):

• Alternate Profession Rules (PU p77) are in effect with the following modifications:
    • A business owner can support a maximum of 2 employees per profession rank
    • The masterwork quality cannot be added or removed after a business operation has been created
    • Upgrading a masterwork operation costs the same 125% of the listed cost as for setting it up

Table 2-7: Business Size and Setup is modified as follows:

Business Initial / Upgrade Costs Monthly Profits Factor
Mobile 15 gp/rank 5
Small 80 gp/rank 10
Medium 700 gp/rank 35
Large 4,800 gp/rank 240

"Why fix what ain't broke?":

Reflavoured Lore

• WARNING: There will be some departures from the stock AP!  Parts of other modules / set pieces have been spliced in, and some parts of the parent Iron Gods AP has also been modified in order to create a more sensible, coherent timeline and experience in my mind.  Some parts of what is generally considered "canon" lore have been modified.  I'll do my best to describe or outline the modified parts when they come up, but please understand that some stuff cannot be spoiled until the PCs encounter the relevant bits.  When in doubt, ask.
Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Languages

• Androffan is restricted from being taken as a language until 3rd Level, or until the PCs first encounter samples of the language (spoken and written forms treated separately).
    • Characters with the Numerian Archaeologist campaign trait may still begin play knowing Androffan in written form.
    • Android characters may select Androffan as a bonus language at character creation, but the use of Androffan may not be recalled until immediately after the character first encounters samples of the language.

Magic

• Prepared/Readied spells unused from the day prior are available for all spellcasters in the same way as wizards, and continue to occupy their respective spell slots until the caster takes the time to rest and prepare and/or ready new spells.

Refs:
    • Whether a spell is arcane or divine, and whether a character prepares spells in advance or chooses them on the spot, casting a spell works the same way. (Core p206)
    • Spell Selection and Preparation: Until he prepares spells from his spellbook, the only spells a wizard has available to cast are the ones he already had prepared from the previous day and has not yet used. (Core p218)

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Character Advancement

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)