Taranesti Half-Elf

Class
Ranger - Swarmkeeper

Character Sheet

Background
Exiled Sunbringer

Gate Pass Connection

Feature: Blessed by Dreams
Fortune smiles on you. You or any ally within 30 feet of you may reroll a single saving throw, using the better of the two results. Once you use this feature, you must finish a long rest before you can use it again

"Keep the Wolves away, Bard, and I'll keep your belly full."

Background: Exiled Lightkeeper
Skills: Athletics and Medicine
Languages/ Tools: Cook's Utensils, Herbalism Kit
Gate Pass Connection: The Temple

Personality/Traits/Bonds/Flaws
Personality: I feel tremendous empathy for all who suffer.
Ideal: Self-Knowledge. If you know yourself, there’s nothing left to know.
Bond: I entered seclusion because I loved someone and they were taken away from me.
Flaw: I harbor dark thoughts that my isolation and meditation failed to quell.

Backstory

38 Years Ago: The birth of Belfyr, a half breed in the small forest village deep in Shahalesti territory. He was treated fairly and within the guidelines of the oft forgotten ways of the Taranesti ways. His mother claims bloodlines to the Taranesti tribes.

25 Years Ago: The differences between Belfyr and his elven peers slowly begins to show through. However, the village is small and everyone is welcomed as long as they are a productive member of the village, regardless of heritage or tribe. Belfyr's upbringing is no different, except that the pace of his teachings are pushed faster.

20 Years Ago: Belfyr begins a courtship with fully blooded Qiyra, the beautiful daughter of one of the village elders. Their relationship is seen as a boon by outsiders. Belfyr gains true legitimacy as a village advocate and Qirya finds some humbleness in her positive-minded mate. Wedding preparations begin.

15 Years Ago: Belfyr's gifts as a Sunbringer are known by a few villages, and many of them become desperate for his talents enough to look beyond his human heritage. While still rather insulted by the hesitation, he continues to help where he can. Word gets to Calanis.

10 Years Ago: A call goes out from Calanis for all noble bloodlines to return to the city en mass, immediately. Qiyra, now her father's keeper, is duty-bound to go. However, word arrives that Belfyr is not to join them under any circumstances. Under threat of exile, Qirya takes her father to the city. Belfyr remains behind.

5 Years Ago: Belfyr finds himself in Gates Pass. He gravitates toward one of the elven ghettos and talks his way into the kitchen of one of the bunkhouses. With his skill in the kitchen, his name gains the trust of the local elven population, even if many of them have never seen him (or know they've seen him). His reputation is his anonymity. No one would think to look for a bearded, pipe-smoking philosopher to cook the most authentic Shahalestic dishes in all of Gates Pass.

Edited by Basil_Bottletop (see edit history)

Belfyr - Half-Elf Ranger8daae369607892fa793b818b437f9a62.jpg

AC: 15 | HP: 20/20 | HD: 3/3d10 | Initiative: +3 | Gathered Swarm | Favored Foe | Spell Slots: 1st 3/3 2nd -/- | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Post goes here.

"Speech"

thoughts in italics

Mechanics

Main Hand: Quarterstaff
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Bookkeeping

Full Statblock

BelfyrHalf-Elf Ranger (Swarmkeeper) 3 NG

AC 15 HP 20 Speed 30 ftft

Str 14 (2) Dex 16 (3) Con 10 (0) Wis 14 (2) Int 10 (0) Cha 12 (1)

Attacks
Longbow
Quarterstaff

Half-Elf Features:
Darkvision
Fey Ancestry: Adv on saving throws vs charmed,
Magic can’t put you to sleep.
Skill Versatility: Persuasion, Survival
Ranger Features
Favored Foe: Tasha's pg 57
Natural Explorer:
Fighting Style: Defense +1 to AC when worn
Spellcasting
Ranger Archetype: Swarmkeeper
Gathered Swarm
Swarmkeeper Magic: bonus Mage Hand, Faerie Fire
Primeval Awareness: PHB

Equipment

Assets: 84 gp

Carried/Worn Total for Pack

o Longbow
o Quiver w/20 arrows
o Common Clothes
o Studded Leather
o Quarterstaff

o Herbalism Kit
o Mess Kit
o Cooking Utensils

Spell Casting

Spell Save DC: 10
Spell Attack Mod: +2
Spells Known: 
Spell Slots: 1st 3/3 2nd 0/0

Cantrips

Mage Hand

1st Level

Faerie Fire

Cure Wounds

Goodberry

Hunter's Mark

2nd Level

Edited by Basil_Bottletop (see edit history)