Act 1, Part 2: Blood and Blades

Kavonde

splgZTH.pngZakon Malheur
HP: 14/14 | AC: 13 | Perception: +6
Fort: +3 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6
Hero Points: OOO | Focus Points: O

"I know several necromancers who would disagree with you, Lerris," Zakon murmured at the doorway. After searching the main room and taking inventory of the additional supplies his allies might requisition, he had gone north to check in on the others. "However, I concur that we stand a better chance of saving the Lady if we take a moment to prepare ourselves for whoever or whatever was in command of that giant."

"If we are taking a moment, perhaps I can be of assistance. We've seized a number of magical treasures - to aid us in defense of the manor - and, upon closer inspection, I may be able to discern something of their enchantments or purpose." Zakon looked around the room at the others, who were likely to possess knowledge such things: Verne (who was occupied with bandaging the wounded), Thomas, Harrim, Linzi... and after a pause, even Millanius. "... or assist someone else in doing so."

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Millanius the Arcane - Human Thaumaturge 1

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 | Perception: +5

Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +5  | Conditions: None

ResourcesCharacter:
-Hero Points: 2/3
-Focus Points: 0/0

Items:
-
| Spells/ScrollsScrolls:
-

Cantrips: 
-

Level 1:
-
| Skills*Acrobatics: +6
*Arcana: +3
Athletics: +1
Crafting: +0
*Deception: +8
*Diplomacy1020: +8
*Esoteric Lore: +7
Intimidate: +5
Medicine: +0
*Nature: +3
*Occultism: +3
*Performance: +7
*Politics Lore: +3
*Religion: +3
Society: +0
*Stealth: +6
Survival: +0
*Thievery92225: +6

*Trained

Consumables: 2x Tanglefoot Bags, 2x PoL Healing

Effects: None

"I guess if we're waiting I could look some things over too, though I'm a bit out of study currently. Bringing magic to the masses leaves little time for esoteric study, after all." He look over the sword that Lerris had used to strike the giant, trying to identify the runes etched in its blade.

OOC/Actions

Other: If we're waiting i'll go ahead and try identifying Lerris weapon.

Action 1: 

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Reaction: Recognize Spell

Free: 

Familiar/Other Modifiers

Stitches the Monkey | 5/5HP | AC18

Per: +5/Fort: +6/Ref: +6/Will: +5

-Low-light Vision

-Manual Dexterity

-Valet

-25' Land Speed

Effects:

-15' Aura, Circ bonus to Dip/Int/Dec & +1 v. Fear

-Success v Mental is crit success

-+2 Damage from empowerment

-Activate any Scroll

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Studded Leather Armor

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Thieves' Tools

-Ringy Thingy*

-Bandolier

Weapons

-Sword Cane

-Aldori Sword*

-Light Mace*

-Dagger

-5x Darts

-Scepter (Regalia)

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Lantern, hooded

-Rations (1 week)

-Rope (50')

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandoliers

-3x Flasks Oil

-Manacles (poor)

-5x Sacks

-2x Tanglefoot bags*

-2x Lesser PoH*

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Flint and Steel

-Playing Cards

-Thieves' Tools

-Soap

-2x Candles

-Ring of Keys

-39gp (38gp 6sp 3cp)*

Name
Identify Item
1d20+3 7

splgZTH.pngZakon Malheur
HP: 14/14 | AC: 13 | Perception: +6
Fort: +3 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6
Hero Points: OOO | Focus Points: O

As nobody suggested anything else to inspect, Zakon withdrew the unlabeled red potion that he had found under an adventurer's bed. Removing the stopper, he sniffed at the contents, swirled the liquid to check its consistency, and even dared to run a finger along the lip of the flask and cautiously taste the residue. While he, himself, was no alchemist, he had been instructed on a number of magical traditions in law school. Perhaps he could ascertain what the purpose of this particular concoction could be.

Name
Identify Item (Occultism)
1d20+7 16

Millanius studies the sword Lerris used to slay the frost giant. The rune carved into the blade looks so damned familiar, and yet he can't quite place it. A few minutes spent testing the sword indicate that it's remarkably sharp and well-balanced, but he can't be sure if that's due to some enchantment or simply fine craftsmanship.

Zakon, meanwhile, successfully identifies the potion as... a minor potion of healing. A strictly less impressive version of the clearly labelled lesser potions of healing the group has found thus far. Some men might feel insulted to have put so much effort and analytical prowess into identifying the small bottle's contents, only to have it revealed to be something so lackluster.

Meanwhile, Harrim, who seems to be in fairly good shape despite his near-death experience, produces a healer's kit of his own and begins tending to Valerie. He holds up three fingers in front of her nose. "How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Wednesday," Valerie replies promptly.

Harrim makes a thoughtful sound and continues working.

Edited by Kavonde (see edit history)

1079115390_AntoniaTKN.png.82fdea90cef4be4512af0c85ea13c109.pngAntonia Rullianus

checked-shield.svgAC: 17 | health-normal.svg HP: 19/19 | awareness.svg Per: +5 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +8 | Will: +5 | Hero: 2/3 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

When Lerris first placed his hand on Antonia's shoulder, the woman responded with an immediate, flinching reaction that pulled her shoulder away from his hand. Her eyes darted over to him in a suspicious manner, sizing him up, as if she was looking for all available options for outmaneuvering him if need be. When she realized he was attempted to be comforting her smile returned easily and the tension in her shoulders released. She did not, however, allow him to touch her. "Oops. Pardon me, darling. It seems I'm a bit jumpy today, doesn't it? I cannot imagine why." She considered his next comments with a confused expression that said 'I have no idea what you're talking about', but after a moment of reflection she nodded. "Yes, of course we will. You, especially. Although the others..." The Fencer paused a moment and looked over the rest of their group as they searched around and appraised various items. "...Well, some were not exactly made for the adventuring life. We are bound to lose one or two, I fear. Perhaps more, if moral drops because of it." She sheathed her Rapier, frowned, and crossed her arms, tapping her gloved fingers against the upper arm of jacket sleeve anxiously. "If chaos reigns – and it likely will – stay near me. If I find a quick exit, I will take it. You should be right on my coattails if you want to survive."

Another long moment passed of silence. Antonia wanted her meaning to sink in. She liked Lerris and he had proven to be valuable in combat while still maintaining adept social abilities. Those two traits were difficult to find in a single person. Without another word she stepped away and received her healing from Harrim, to whom she smiled and nodded in response to his comment. "Well, that is a good thing you enjoy it. It will be a needed thing up until the very end, I'm sure." Antonia lingered with the others, attempting to warm the inner chill that had made its home in her rib cage. Damnable Frost Giant –  who could have ever guessed that she would face such a creature, much less after a night of drinking. This job had already proven to be a mess and if it was any indication of what was to come, perhaps it would be best to go her own way. Alas, that decision would be made later.

After resting, Antonia pushed herself from the wall she had been leaning against. "Come now, let us get on with it, hmm? Every moment we wait our enemy bolsters their ranks – or lessens ours. Neither case is particularly beneficial to our cause." She drew her rapier once more and swiped its narrow blade through the air a few times to ensure its edge had not been bent against the Giant's tough hide. Seemingly pleased, she looked to the others expectantly.

y0rRwhX.png

Thomas of Nowhere | checked-shield.svgAC: 16 | health-normal.svg HP: 19/19 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +6 | Hero: 1/1 | FP: 1/1

Æthelflæd | checked-shield.svgAC: 18 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +7 | Will: +4

Aethelflaed rushes over to help support Valerie, with a surprisingly sturdy grip for all that they look like they might crumple like folded paper.

Thomas waits by the doorway, leaning against the wall with his arms folded over his chest. No healer, he. He lets his hair fall over one side of his face like a curtain, as if he desires a measure of separation between himself and the others.
He gives Antonia a tilt of the head in agreement.

"Th'werld dinnae stop movin' whilst we wile our time away, like," he points out, and he says it as if it's a great matter of personal grief rather than ascerbic commentary. "Blood's bein' shed out there. Arrive i'the nick o'time, an' ye're a hero. Arrive too late, an' ye're an undertaker."

OOC/mechanics