Book One: The Show Must Go On | Chapter One: Murder in the Center Ring

bwatford

Hamako Doju (Open Sky Kitsune Thaumaturge 1 Neutral Good)Image

AC: 17 |  HP: 17/17 |  Perception: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +4 | Will: +6 Hero Points:: 1/1 | Conditions: None

Hamako has been doing vocal warm-ups and also going through his pockets. He has a wide variety of seemingly random objects - plant cuttings, scraps of vellum, rocks, bones.

"I was just too eager to get my start. I take after my mother - she's a Chelish opera singer. Got my sense of showmanship and my lungs from her. The grandeur of the circus was quite the lure. Unfortunately, despite being one of the prized faces of the Menagerie, that didn't translate into pay. And Dusklight isn't just negligent, she also spat in the face of my beliefs and my hobbies."

He produced a scrap of cloth with a sizeable bloodstain on it. Anyone with any training in the occult would be able to sense the potent energies boiling off of the relic.

"The gem of my collection. A scrap from a crusader's cloak, stained with the blood of the martyred silver dragon Terendelev. And she wanted to use it to blow her nose."

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action 1: Your action goes here.
Action 2: Your action goes here.
Action 3: Your action goes here.

image.png.a6bc88aefd6f3e42162553ea4bbb731c.png

Book One: The Show Must Go On Chapter One: Murder in the Center Ring

After a bit of final, nervous practice, the Circus Heroes bed down for the evening within their carts.

The following morning is abuzz with excitement and anticipation for that night's show. Performers of especially dangerous acts are brought within the tent for a discussion with Thunder, who urges everyone to begin their practice in the safest way possible. Trapeze with the net right below, make a daring escape from a partially filled container of water, practice the animal taming with the trained animal companions instead of the more wild animals. Everything to keep a single stone from being turned the wrong side up.

And then, the crowd starts pouring in.....

The Circus of Wayward Wonders performs in an enormous tent capable of holding hundreds of people--and that's a good thing, as it seems the entire population of Abberton has turned out for the show. Many of the town's most prominent citizens, including the mayor, are among the throng jostling for seats, peering at the three rings that fill the center of the tent, and waiting excitedly for the show to begin.

As the lights go down and the audience settles into their seats, the circus's performers take their places backstage, awaiting their cues. Suddenly, several of the performers closest to the curtain that separates the three rings from the rest of the tent leave their assignments, gathering in a small crowd to exchange frightened whispers and hushed gasps. Amid the group, his body contorted as if caught forever in the throes of terrible pain, is the corpse of ringmaster Myron 'Thunder' Stendhal. Everyone in the circus knew Myron for his amazing, powerful voice that could bring instant silence to the largest crowd, and he knew everything there is to know about putting on a successful performance. Now he's dead, but the crowd is still out there, and they're expecting a show. After all:

The Show Must Go On!!!!

As the other performers stare at the corpse, whisper to each other, and anxiously peer around the curtain, the Professor--a thin and frail veteran of the circus--looks up. "Well, what are you all standing around for?" he asks, his weak voice barely audible in the hushed silence. "Have you seen that crowd? We haven't ever had the tent packed this full. There's a show to put on, and we have to find a way to do it. So finish your makeup, get into your costumes, and send in the clowns!"

image.png.b500d6618874fa60aa6cef4313ccc2fe.png
The Professor

Quick to follow the Professor's advice, the circus's clowns immediately bound through the curtain and into the three rings. This buys the circus enough time for the Professor to take our six circus heroes aside.

"You lot seem to be the only ones not shocked into direct inaction in the face of this. I can't do this myself, so I'm asking you this on behalf of everybody else here. You four. Run the show. While most people here may know how to do their job, there are still decisions to be made before the opening curtain! The order of the acts isn't set, Thunder liked to do them as he saw reactions from the crowd, and the poor man never wrote down a word from his head, so there's nothing to fall back on. Please, I beg of you, do what you can to make this a success!"

Putting on the Show

PUTTING ON THE SHOW
The remaining task, which falls to the heroes, is to decide how to arrange seven different tricks in the circus’s four acts: one trick for the opener in the center ring, two tricks for the build-up in the side rings, one trick for the big number in the center ring, and three tricks for the finale in all three rings. Only six NPC tricks are ready to perform; they are presented below. Thus, at least one hero must perform a signature trick, but multiple heroes can perform signature tricks if the group wishes to use fewer NPC tricks.

We are using simplified circus rules for pbp than those presented in the AP.

This event has an anticipation level of 15, so we need to build at least 15 points of excitement with our tricks.

Trick check results:
Critical Success You generate Excitement equal to the trick’s level plus half the trick’s level (rounded up); this Excitement is added to the circus’s total Excitement for the show.
Success You generate Excitement equal to the trick’s level; this Excitement is added to the circus’s total Excitement for the show.
Failure No effect.
Critical Failure The circus’s Excitement value decreases by a value equal to half the trick’s level (rounded up).

Show Available Tricks

image.jpeg.8fd13c4903255eb214fe9527f630f1c8.jpeg

Axel's Amazing Aviary (simple)
SEE HIM produce birds from underneath his cloak! They FLY, they sing, they deliver sweets to children in the audience!
Level 1 DC: 15
Check: Nature +7

The Dwarven Throwers (moderate)
SEE THESE TUMBLERS shape themselves into a living ballista and launch themselves through the air!
Checks: Acrobatics +7, Athletics +10

Elizia and Mister Tickles (moderate)
SEE HER handle deadly vipers of many kinds and dance with a 16-foot-long anaconda!

The Flamboni Sisters (moderate)
SEE FEATS OF JUGGLING FROM THESE TWO BRAVE SISTERS. CAN THEY JUGGLE FIRE? WILL THEY SET THEMSELVES ON FIRE?
Checks: Deception +7, Fortitude Save +7

The Feather-Fall Five (moderate)
THE KANBALI FAMILY balances on tightropes with bounces, FLIPS, and aerial feats to delight!
Checks: Acrobatics +8, Athletics +6

Mordaine the Magician (moderate)
ACTS OF ILLUSION PERFORMED WITH SKILL, NOT MAGIC! SEE MORDAINE ESCAPE FROM SHACKLES, LOCKS, AND A WATER-FILLED TANK!
Checks: Fortitude Save +8, Thievery +7

PC Signature Trick
If you want to develop a signature trick, be imaginative and think something up based on your characters best one, two, or three skills. (More complicated tricks require two or three skills but could earn more crowd approval as a check is made for each one) The DC is 15 and when your turn comes to perform the trick then you must make all checks if performing a complicated trick or a single check if a simple trick. If you want to insert your custom trick into the show, please submit the idea to me on my discord.

Assisting with a trick. (If not performing in that act)
If your PC is not a performer you can still, choose to assist. Only one assistant allowed per trick, and you can only help with one trick per show. When you assist you offer a +2 to the checks for that performance. Examples below.
Animal Handler can assist with any acts involving animals.
Carnival Barker can assist with any act by maximizing the audience's anticipation. i.e. Hyping up the crowd.
Pyrotechnic can assist with any act to add fire to the act.
Anything else you can think up. So there should be a helper in most acts.
If you assist with the act, then when the time comes you will write the performance for the trick. (Bonus points can be added for style by the DM for this task)

ARRANGE YOUR ACTS
Act One: Opener (center ring)
Select one trick.

Act Two: Build-Up (side rings)
Select two tricks.

Act Three: Big Number (center ring)
Select one trick.

Act Four: Finale (all rings)
Select three tricks.

Discuss in discord and submit the list to me.  Your next post should be a response post to the current events as you scramble for direction before the main curtain is listed.  Then we will get under way in my next update based on how you submit the tricks.

Show Active Maps

spacer.png

Show Bookkeeping

PERCEPTION DC'S

Dorgothea 19 | Boril 16 | Favad 16 | Hamako 16 | Othin 16 | Luke 13

INITIATIVE
Not Currently in Use.
MECHANICS

Not Currently in Use.

CONDITIONS

Not Currently in Use.

DESCRIPTIONS

Not Currently in Use.

BORIL EVERGLADE

Hit Points: 8/8
Hero Points: 1/1

DORGOTRHEA

Hit Points: 16/16

FARVAD AL-MEHRI

Hit Points: 20/20

HAMAKO DOJU

Hit Points: 17/17

LUKE

Arcane Cascade: off
Spellstrike: off
Focus Pool: 1/1
Spell Slots: 

• 1st Level: 1/1

OTHIN BARRELARM

Hit Points: 22/22

Farvad al-Mehri (Human (Keleshite) | Swashbuckler (Gynmnast) 1 | Neutral Good)spacer.png

AC: 18 |  HP: 20/20 |  Perception: +6 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Conditions: None

No stranger to death, the sheer shock of the moment seemed to cut through Farvad; one moment he was finishing up some ropework, the next he was looking at the contorted form of a man he deeply respected, both as a person and a talent. The cause was impossible to know, yet such pain seemed impossible to be natural. However, such a mystery was something that could not he handled now, for the reasons the Professor laid out so very clearly...

"We need this too much," he thought direly, "Would that wicked cat do such a thing? And how?"

Mistress Dusklight was an evil old crone, to be sure... yet that too was beyond the moment. He looked at the others, taking in the moment. On them, then...

"Fire first, the sisters... then the animals, then Mordiane... end with the aerialists and acrobats, yes?" he said, half a question, half a declaration. There was a logic too it, a lead up, a build up, or so he thought. Perhaps it was his own biases to put the aerialists as the finale but... Would the others agree? He hoped so... and he hoped he had it right. He'd seen the circus run, he'd watched the old cat and his new ringmaster, but had he truly understood? It was not a job he wanted, he was glad to share it with to others but...

But the show must go on.

Mechanics

Action 1: 
Action 2: 
Action 3: 

Edited by Nasdaq (see edit history)

Luci'ferrin : Starlit Magus

Luke (Kayal Wisp -  Starlit Span Magus 1 - CG)

AC: 18 Leather |  HP: 17/17 |  Perception: +3 | Darkvision | Small | Conditions: None
Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +5 | Hero Points : 1/1 
Arcane Cascade :  off | Spellstrike : off | Focus Pool : 1/1 | Spell Slots : 1st : 1/1 

Luke was shocked to find their ringmaster dead. Dead. 

"Murdered? Who would kill them? This is the worst possible timing."

Luke was half expecting to be accused. He'd already fled his home, when torches and pitchforks came to blame the freak for their misfortunes. Strange occurrences start to plague the people, and they start coming for the strange shadowy kid. 

Forget that he'd known them his whole life. Forget that his mom had healed them when they were injured. Saved many of their lives. And done it with simple medicine and herbs too. Taught them, the medicine in willow bark, and licorice root, garlic and honey and ginger. 

But the group was rallying, everyone focusing on their own parts. The Rooks were breaking off too, grabbing costumes, and joining their leaders. Luke saw Othin heading towards Eliza and the more sensational animals. She had Connie out, making sure the massive snake was well fed before the act. Farvad was taking command, helping fill the vacuum, working with Hamako to lock down the order. Boril was working with Moridaine. She was explaining again, what she needed to survive the water tank. Dorgothea was working with the Flambini Sisters. Wardrobe was frantically pulling together her costume. 

Farvad and Hamako called Luke over to where the acrobatic teams were preparing. The Dwarven Throwers and the Feather Fall Five were stretching out, getting limber and ready. They would each be part of the Big Finale. 

"Hey. So, y'all have a plan? I suppose I'm helping one of the Acrobat teams? Do we know who is going to perform the big final act?"

Mechanics Prepared below, for Circus Days (Aerial Days = Feather Fall)

MECHANICS

MAGUS Class DC 17 • Trained 3 • Base 10 • Dex 4 • Item 0

Right Hand: Empty
Left Hand : Shortbow - Ammunition 30/30

ACTIONS

0act.png.a61e0f671d3c9b7b2c95d95b30b84b66.png1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png2act.png.07c9be13b139482bf744b8e43d8c7e6f.png3act.png.996c68a3f1f998b876561d959e0beba4.pngreact.png.948c56e8afef83649218b0fea42d456f.png

CONDITIONS

Sustaining :
xxx
xxx

QUICK SQUEEZE : You can squeeze 5 ft per round (10 ft on a Critical Success)

+ 1 Circumstance Bonus TUMBLE THROUGH 

DEFENSES / REACTIONS 

Defenses / Reactions :
1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png Spell : Shield Cantrip • AC +1 circumstance • Hardness 5 • Bulk ~ 
- - - See the Spell Description
- - -
 react.png.948c56e8afef83649218b0fea42d456f.png Shield Block Reaction  :  Hardness 5 (Locks out Shield Spell for 10 minutes)
- - - 

1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png Parry : Main Gauche • AC +1 circumstance  

MEDICINE

2act.png.07c9be13b139482bf744b8e43d8c7e6f.png Administer First AidRequirements : You are holding healer's tools, or you are wearing them and have a hand free

You perform first aid on an adjacent creature that is dying or bleeding. If a creature is both dying and bleeding, choose which ailment you’re trying to treat before you roll. You can Administer First Aid again to attempt to remedy the other effect.

Stabilize : Attempt a Medicine check on a creature that has 0 Hit Points and the dying condition.
The DC is equal to 5 + that creature’s recovery roll DC (typically 15 + its dying value).

Stop Bleeding : Attempt a Medicine check on a creature that is taking persistent bleed damage, giving them a chance to make another flat check to remove the persistent damage.
The DC is usually the DC of the effect that caused the bleed.

Success If you’re trying to stabilize, the creature loses the dying condition (but remains unconscious). If you’re trying to stop bleeding, the creature attempts a flat check to end the bleeding.
Critical Failure If you were trying to stabilize, the creature’s dying value increases by 1. If you were trying to stop bleeding, it immediately takes an amount of damage equal to its persistent bleed damage.

1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png   Treat PoisonRequirements You are holding healer's tools, or you are wearing them and have a hand free

You treat a patient to prevent the spread of poison. Attempt a Medicine check against the poison’s DC. After you attempt to Treat a Poison for a creature, you can’t try again until after the next time that creature attempts a save against the poison.

Critical Success You grant the creature a +4 circumstance bonus to its next saving throw against the poison.
Success You grant the creature a +2 circumstance bonus to its next saving throw against the poison.
Critical Failure Your efforts cause the creature to take a –2 circumstance penalty to its next save against the poison.

1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png   Battle MedicinePrerequisites trained in Medicine

Requirements You are holding healer's tools, or you are wearing them and have a hand free

You can patch up wounds, even in combat. Attempt a Medicine check with the same DC as for Treat Wounds and restore the corresponding amount of HP; this doesn't remove the wounded condition. As with Treat Wounds, you can attempt checks against higher DCs if you have the minimum proficiency rank. The target is then temporarily immune to your Battle Medicine for 1 day.

TREAT WOUNDS :

The Medicine check DC is usually 15, though the GM might adjust it based on the circumstances, such as treating a patient outside in a storm, or treating magically cursed wounds. If you’re an expert in Medicine, you can instead attempt a DC 20 check to increase the Hit Points regained by 10; if you’re a master of Medicine, you can instead attempt a DC 30 check to increase the Hit Points regained by 30; and if you’re legendary, you can instead attempt a DC 40 check to increase the Hit Points regained by 50. The damage dealt on a critical failure remains the same.

The result of your Medicine check determines how many Hit Points the target regains.
Battle Medicine

Proficiency DC Success Healing Critical Healing
Trained 15 2d8 4d8
Expert* 20 2d8+10 4d8+10
Master* 30 2d8+30 4d8+30
Legendary* 40 2d8+50 4d8+50

* Rolling against a higher DC is optional.

BASE HEALING
Critical Success The target regains 4d8 Hit Points, and its wounded condition is removed.
Success The target regains 2d8 Hit Points, and its wounded condition is removed.
Critical Failure The target takes 1d8 damage.

DC 15 :
         Success : Heal 2d8
         Critical Success = Heal 4d8
         Crit Fail = Harm 1d8 
         (Once Per Ally Per Day)

HEALER's TOOLS : On Belt

SPELLS

PREPARED MAGUS KNOWN   SPELL
STRIKE
CANTRIPS Prep 5 Arcane Cascade   
  Acid SplashCantrip
Attack - Acid
Evocation
Verbal - Somatic
Range : 30 ft
Targets : 1 creature

I splash a glob of acid that splatters creatures. Make a spell attack. If I hit, I deal 1d6 acid damage plus 1 splash acid damage. On a critical success, the target also takes 1 persistent damage.

** This is eligible for Magus Spellstrike using the melee weapons Reach , unarmed, or Starlit Range.

Heightened (3rd): The initial damage increases to 1d6+spellcasting modifier, and the persistent damage increases to 2

Heightened (5th): The initial damage increases to 2d6+spellcasting modifier, and the persistent damage increases to 3, and the splash damage increases to 2

Heightened (7th): The initial damage increases to 3d6+spellcasting modifier, and the persistent damage increases to 4, and the splash damage increases to 3

Heightened (9th): The initial damage increases to 4d6+spellcasting modifier, and the persistent damage increases to 5, and the splash damage increases to 4

(Arcane Cascade = +1 ACID)

2act.png.07c9be13b139482bf744b8e43d8c7e6f.png 
+1 ACID Y
** BullhornCantrip
Auditory
Illusion
Verbal - Somatic
Duration : 10 Minutes

I amplify my voice, loud enough to be heard easily at a great distance. For the duration, my voice can be heard loudly and clearly by all listeners within 500 feet, even if other ambient noise would otherwise block the sound. Despite the volume, this doesn't make my voice jarring or distracting. This doesn't increase the range or area of other auditory or linguistic effects, and physical barriers such as walls and doors still block or muffle my voice as normal.

(Arcane Cascade = +1 MENTAL)

+1 Mental  
  Gale BlastCantrip -
Air
Evocation
Verbal - Somatic
Range : 5 ft Emanation
Targets : Area
Saving Throw : Fortitude

Wind flows from my outstretched hands, and whirls around me in a 5-foot emanation. Each creature in the area takes Bludgeoning Damage equal to my spellcasting modifier, and a Fortitude Save.

Critical Success : Creature is Unaffected
Success : Creature takes half damage
Failure : Creature takes full damage and is also pushed 5 feet away from me
Critical Failure : Creature takes double damage and is also pushed 10 feet away from me

Heightened (+2): Damage increases by +1d6

(Arcane Cascade = +1 FORCE)

+1 Bludgeon  
** Gouging ClawCantrip - Attack - Morph
Transmutation
Verbal - Somatic
Range : Touch

You temporarily morph your limb into a clawed appendage. Make a melee spell attack roll against your target's AC. If you hit, you deal your choice of slashing or piercing damage equal to 1d6 + your spellcasting modifier. On a critical success, you deal double damage plus 1d4 persistent bleed damage

** This is eligible for Magus Spellstrike using the melee weapons Reach , unarmed, or Starlit Range.

Heightened (+1) : The damage increases by 1d6, and the persistent bleed damage on a critical increases by 1d4

(Arcane Cascade = +1 Magic Damage : Weapon Type)

+1 Slash / Pierce Y
** Infectious EnthusiasmCantrip
Emotion - Mental
Enchantment
Verbal - Somatic

Duration : 1 round

With enchanted gusto, I encourage myself to get things done, and share my motivation with my allies. I gain a +1 Status bonus to my choice of attack rolls, Will saves, or Charisma-based skill checks. During the spells duration, an ally who observed my Casting this Spell, (and within 30 ft) when I did so, can take a single action, which has the concentrate trait, to gain the same bonus I chose until the start of its next turn.

** Using this spell to influence someone in a social situation is typically considered a faux pas, negating the benefit on Charisma-based skills if the subject of the check observed me casting the spell.

** However, if I cast the spell unobserved by the target, a witnessing ally might be able to use the benefit themself. They could not be witnessed to have cast a spell, only to be 'similarly inspired by the environment' etc etc.

+1 Mental  
*** Mage HandCantrip
Evocation
Verbal - Somatic
Range : 30 feet
Targets : 1 unattended object of Light bulk, or less
Duration : Sustained

I create a single magical hand, either invisible or ghostlike, that grasps the target object and moves it slowly up to 20 feet. Because I am levitating the object, I can move it in any direction. When I Sustain the spell, I can move the object an additional 20 feet. If the object is in the air when the spell ends, the object falls.

Heightened (3rd) : I can target an unattended object with a Bulk of 1 or less.
Heightened (5th) : The range increases to 60 feet, and I can target an unattended object with a Bulk of 1 or less.
Heightened (7th) : The range increases to 60 feet, and I can target an unattended object with a Bulk of 2 or less.

+1 Force  
*** ShieldCantrip
Force
Abjuration
Verbal
Duration : Until the start of my next turn

I raise a magical shield of force. This counts as using the Raise a Shield action, giving me a +1 circumstance bonus to AC until the start of my next turn, but it doesnt require a hand to use.
While the spell is in effect, I can use the Shield Block reaction, with my magic shield. The shield has Hardness 5. After I use Shield Block , the spell ends and I can't cast it again for 10 minutes. Unlike a normal Shield Block, I can use the spells reaction against the magic missile spell.

Shield Block Reaction : Hardness 5

1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png 
+1 Force  
  Phase BoltCantrip - Attack
Force
Evocation
Verbal - Somatic

I point my finger and project a bolt of magical energy that stutters in and out of phase until it reaches the target.
Make a ranged spell attack roll against your target's AC; if the target has any circumstance bonuses to AC (such as from a shield or cover), reduce that bonus by 2 for this attack.

On a success, you deal 1d4 piercing damage plus your spellcasting ability modifier.
On a critical success, the target takes double damage.

Heightened (+1) The bolt's damage increases by 1d4.

+1 Pierce ?

LEVEL 1 Prep 1    
  Magic WeaponMagic Weapon
Transmutation
Verbal - Somatic
Range- Evocation Touch
Targets- Evocation 1 weapon: that is unattended, or wield by yourself, or a willing ally
Duration- Evocation 1 Minute

The weapon glimmers with magic and energy. The target becomes a +1 Striking weapon, gaining a +1 item bonus to attack rolls and increasing the number of weapon damage dice to two.
CRB

+1 Magic Wpn Type  
** Feather FallFeather Fall
Abjuration
Verbal
Range- Evocation 60 ft
Targets- Evocation 1 falling creature

You cause the air itself to arrest a fall. The targets fall slows to 60 feet per round, and the portion of the fall during the spells duration doesnt count when calculating falling damage. If the target reaches the ground while the spell is in effect, it takes no damage from the fall. The spell ends as soon as the target lands.
CRB

react.png.948c56e8afef83649218b0fea42d456f.png 
+1 Force  
* Pest FormPest Form
Polymorph -
Transmutation
Verbal - Somatic
Range- Evocation Self
Target- Evocation Self
Duration- Evocation 10 Minute

I You transform into the battle form of a Tiny Animal, such as a cat, insect, lizard, or rat. You can decide the specific type of animal, (such as a rat or praying mantis), but this has no effect on the forms Size or statistics. While in this form, you gain the Animal Trait. You can dismiss the spell.

While in this form, you gain the Animal Trait, and you cant make Strikes. You gain the following statistics and abilities:
AC = 15 + your level. Ignore your armour's check penalty and speed reduction
Speed = 20 ft
Weakness 5 Physical damage (If you take physical damage in this form, you suffer 5 additional damage)
Low-Light vision
Imprecise scent 30 ft
Acrobatics and Stealth modifiers of +10, unless your own modifer is higher
Athletics modifier -4

*Heigthened (4th) : You can turn into a flying creature, such as a bird, which grants you a fly speed of 20 feet
CRB

+1 Magic Wpn Type  
  Hydraulic PushHydraulic Push -Attachk - Water
Evocation -
Verbal - Somatic
Range : 60 ft
Targets : 1 creature or unattended object

You call forth a powerful blast of pressurized water that bludgeons the target and knocks it back. Make a ranged spell attack roll.

Critical Success : The target takes 6d6 bludgeoning damage and is knocked back 10 feet
Success : The target takes 3d6 bludgeoning damage and is knocked back 5 feet

*Heigthened (+1) : The damage increase by 2d6
CRB

(Arcane Cascade = +1 WATER Magic Bludgeoning / or FORCE)

+1 Water Bludgeon
or  Force
Y

FOCUS      
* Shooting StarShooting Star : Focus
1 Action

Divination
Verbal
Range : Weapon (Ranged/Throwing) (Not a Melee Power)
Targets : 1
Requirement : Must be wielding a ranged weapon or a throwing weapon

I let loose a projectile that flies true and leaves the blazing trail of a meteor behind it.
I make a Ranged STRIKE, ignoring the target's concealment and reducing the target's cover by one degree ( Greater => Standard / Standard => Lesser / Lesser => None )

If the STRIKE hits, the meteor trail hangs in the air.

**This gives the benefits of concealment negation and cover reduction to any attacks made against the creature BY ANYONE , until the start of my next turn.

+1 Mental ?

CIRCUS DAY : SOP

1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png    Arcane CascadeArcane Cascade • STANCE * CONCENTRATE 
      Requirement : I used my most recent action to CAST A SPELL or make a SPELLSTRIKE
      I divert a portion of the spell's magical power and keep it cycling through my body and weapon using specialized forms, breathing, or footwork.  While I am in the stance, my melee Strikes deal 1 extra damage. This damage increases to 2 if I have weapon specialization and 3 if I have greater weapon specialization. Any STRIKE that benefits from this damage gains the ARCANE trait, making it magical. 
If my most recent spell before entering the stance was one that can deal damage, the damage from the stance is the same type as the spell could deal (or one of my choice if the spell deals a variety). If the spell CANNOT deal damage, the ARCANCE CASCADE STANCE bonus damage type depends on the previous spells SCHOOL.
- Abjuration / Evocation = FORCE
- Divination / Enchatnment / Illusion = MENTAL
- Necromancy = NEGATIVE
- Conjuration / Transmutation = Same Type as the Weapon (ie. MAGIC PIERCING for arrows)
 • STANCE * CONCENTRATE 
2act.png.07c9be13b139482bf744b8e43d8c7e6f.png  Spellstrike : I can channel a spell into a punch, melee weapon, or a Starlit ranged attack, to deliver a combined assault. 
I cast a spell that takes 1 or 2 actions to cast (never 0 or 3) and requires a spell attack roll. (Unlocks later with growth) Make a Melee Strike with unarmed or melee weapon.  Including Reach weapons.  Starlit : Make a Ranged Strike with a Ranged Weapon, Thrown Weapon, or (Ranged Unarmed Attack).  The Attack and Spell are fused, using the result of the Strike to determine the result of the spell attack.
This counts as two attacks for my MULTIPLE ATTACK PENALTY, but I do not apply the penatly until after I have completed the SPELLSTRIKE (thus it could affect subsequent actions, as normal after making initial STRIKES)
The infusion of spell energy grants the STRIKE ARCANE trait, making it a MAGICAL attack.
After I use Spellstrike, I cannot do so again until I recharge the ability. I can  RECHARGE SPELLSTRIKE, as a single action, with the CONCENTRATE trait, Alternatively, when I cast a CONFLUX spell that uses at least 1 action, it also recharges my SPELLSTRIKE. (Casting a different type of FOCUS spell does NOT recharge my SPELLSTRIKE)

1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png    Recharge Spellstrike : As a single action, with the CONCENTRATE trait, to recharge spellstrike,
Alternatively, when I cast a CONFLUX spell that uses at least 1 action, it also recharges my SPELLSTRIKE.

Hybrid Study : Starlit Span : With magic, the sky is the limit.  I can't be bound by physical confines. My power reaches as far as my senses can perceive, transcending the space between us, binding our cosmic essence as if we were side by side, despite being across a field. 

When I use SPELLSTRIKE, I can make a ranged weapon STRIKE (or ranged unarmed) , as long as the target is within the first range increment of my ranged weapon. I can deliver the spell even if its range is shorter than the range incremement of my ranged attack. 
Ex. I can deliver a Ranged Spellstrike with my fist, my reach whip, or my Shortbow.  If I use my shortbow, I can Spellstrike within the 60 ft range increment, even delivering a touch spell up to 60 feet away.  When I practice with the longbow, my range increment is 100 feet, and I can deliver SPELLSTRIKES within that range. 

Conflux Spell : Shooting Star

Studious Spell : (7th) Darkvision

Studious Spell : (11th) Wall of Wind

Studious Spell : (13th) Freedom of Movement

Conflux Spells : Focus 1 I learned an Occult mystic secret of the Universe. This Conflux Spell uses my FOCUS pool points. I REFOCUS my pool, by studying my spellbook, and performing a physical regimen.  Especially personally centering, is the art of performing my martial Katas under the open sky.  However, anywhere that I can clear some space to stretch out, and reproduce the constellations with my Kata, allows me to spend 10 minutes to REFOCUS.  

Spellbook : Starlit Codex : I have a spellbook, a codex filled with my lessons and observations about the universe.  Its mysteries are fascinating, and studying them unlocks my connection through Light and Shadow to all things.  
I begin with 8 arcane cantrips, and 4 first level arcane spells. COMMON tier at start. At each new level, I add two new arcane spells of any level I am able to cast. I can also use the ARCANA skill to add other spells that we find during our adventures. Spellslots for a Magus are unique, compared to those of other classes.

Spellcasting • xxxx

Magus Spells & Powers — Spells Known : Spellbook 
Prepare Daily : 5 Cantrips / 1 Spell 1st
Arcane Spell Attack +6 • Trained 3 • Int 3
Arcane Spell DC 16 • Trained 3 • Base 10 • Int 3

Level 1  : Spell Slots 1 / 1

Focus Pool Points : 1 / 1

Prepare Feather Fall for High Flying Days.
Prepare Pest Form instead, for Magician Assistant Days.

0act.png.a61e0f671d3c9b7b2c95d95b30b84b66.png1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png2act.png.07c9be13b139482bf744b8e43d8c7e6f.png3act.png.996c68a3f1f998b876561d959e0beba4.pngreact.png.948c56e8afef83649218b0fea42d456f.png

WEAPONS

Shortbow +7 • Trained 3 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d6 P • Deadly 1d10 
Bulk : 1 | Hands : 1+ | Range : 60 ft | Reload : 0 | Bow
Ammunition : 30

Throwing Knife +7 • Trained 3 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4 P • Finesse • Agile • Thrown 20 ft
Bulk : 0.1 | Hands : 1 | Melee | Martial | Knife

Light Mace +7 • Trained 3 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4 B • Finesse • Agile • Shove

Main-Gauche +7 • Trained 3 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4 P • Finesse • Disarm • Agile Parry • Versatile S

Unarmed +3 • Trained 3 • Str 0 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4 B • Finesse • Agile • Nonlethal • Unarmed

Proficiency Trained: Martial • Simple • Unarmed

SKILLS

STRENGTH
Athletics +3 Trained

DEXTERITY
Acrobatics +7 Trained
Stealth +7 Trained
Thievery +7 Trained

INTELLIGENCE
Arcana +5  Trained
Occultism +5 Trained
Society +5  Trained
Lore : Shadow Plane +5 Trained
Lore : Warfare +5 Trained

WISDOM
Medicine +4 Trained

CHARISMA
Diplomacy +3 Trained

Languages : Common, Undercommon, Aklo, Shadowtongue

GEAR

Inventory — 
Money: 0 gp, 8 sp, 12 cp
Bulk 4.7/5 • Enc 5 (5 + Str 0) • Max 10 (10 + Str 0)

Adventurer's Pack • Bulk 1
    • Backpack
       • bedroll
       • rope (50 ft.)
       xxx • torches (5) (trade away 3)
    • Belt pouches (2)
       • chalk (10)
       • flint and steel
       • whetstone
       • rations (14)
       • soap
       • waterskin

Crowbar • Bulk L 
Grappling Hook • Bulk L (attached to rope)
Signal Whistle • Bulk ~ 
Healers Tools • Bulk L 

Arms and Armor
Shortbow • Bulk 1 
 - Arrows x 30 • Bulk 3L
Light Mace • Bulk L
Throwing Knife x 2  • Bulk 2L
Main-gauche • Bulk 1L 

Leather Armour • Bulk 1
Explorer's Clothes • Bulk L

Edited by Sweegy One (see edit history)

AC: 17 |  HP: 17/17 |  Perception: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +4 | Will: +6 Hero Points:: 1/1 | Conditions: None

Hamako stares in shock. To his mind, there was no reason for this. They were but newly arrived in this area, too soon to have earned any enemies. And though he knew of several possible beings that could do such a horrid act...

"Daikitsu preserve us..." He rubs the bridge of his muzzle, then turns to Farvad. "A good plan, but we still need one more act for the finale. And if we're going to keep to the theme, that would mean either you or Luke. But we cross that bridge when we reach it." Pulling out a medallion depicting a nine-tailed fox, he gives it a quick kiss before returning it to his pockets. He then slicks back a few hairs that had escaped his ponytail, puts on his winning smile, and heads out to the rings.

"Ladies and gentlemen, people of all ages and ancestries! Welcome, one and all, to the Circus of Wayward Wonders! Let us start things off with a bang, as you witness daring dexterity and fearlessness in the face of flames! Bear witness...to the Flamboni Sisters!"

Giving another bow, he slips into the background, allowing the sisters to take center stage and begin their act, all the while vigilant for the slightest hint of anything going wrong.

Well...anything ELSE going wrong...

Mechanics

Boril Everglade Halfling (Nomad) | Rogue (Scoundrel) 1 | HalflingCook.jpg.6261c698c35a07caa425e314a4699bdf.jpg

AC: 14 |  HP: 8/8 |  Perception: +6 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +8 | Will: +6 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Conditions: None

Murder. It was someting Boril was all too familiar with. Seeing Thunder writhe and twitch on the ground as the life slowly left his body pulled Boril back to those times he had been the one that had caused the pain that was now gripping Thunders body, and it overwhelmed him with dread. When he had joined the circus he had hoped he would never have to think about these things again, but alas, it seemed like his past was not going to leave him alone yet.

However, Boril's dread quickly made way for growing panic. It seemed like it would have to be all hands on deck if they were going to put on an entertaining show, which their visitors were obviously still expecting. But unlike his companions, Boril knew little about perfoming circus acts. He was a cook, not an acrobat or magician. What he did know a lot about was getting out of sticky situations, so the halfling decided he would probably be of most use assisting Mordain. "I'll see what I can do to help Mordain with her escaping acts." He let his companions know, before quickly scurrying away, not in the mood for verbosity.

Mechanics

Action 1: 
Action 2: 
Action 3: 

Othin Barrelarm (Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger 1 Neutral Good)spacer.png

AC: 18 (19 parry) |  HP: 22/22 |  Perception: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +4 | Hero Points:: 1/1 | Conditions: None

Othin wakes at dawn.  After breakfast, he supports all the animal acts to prepare knowing all of the animals on a first name basis and their preferred treats. 

When he sees the small crowd gathering, he leaves his post to investigate, too. When he sees ringmaster Myron 'Thunder' Stendhal murdered body, he is shocked.  Could it be the revenge of Mistress Dusklight?  He bends down next to the body to take a quick look.  Before he was able to determine anything, the Professor declares that the 'show must go on.'  He nods and mechanically follows the direction willing himself to focus on the performance.

Mechanics

Action 1: Designate the murderer as Othin's prey

Dorgothea (Half-Orc  | Cleric (Blow-in) 1 | Chaotic Good)spacer.png

AC: 18 |  HP: 16/16 |  Perception: +9 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +4 | Will: +9 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Conditions: None

Dorgothea stared at the dead body ina mixture of shock and horror. It wasn't that she was unused to death, she had been forced to experience it up close and personal many different times in the exploratory shafts she'd been forced to dig by the Cheliaxans. But this wasn't a mining operation in Cheliax, it was a circus. Who could want someone here dead? A member of the old circus others had mentioned escaping? Even still, watching the life slowly leave Thunder, her mind was back in those dark tunnels, trying to drag fellow slaves out of cave-ins only for them to choke on their dirt and dust filled lungs. The Professor's voice snapped her out of her musings and tore her gaze from the dead body, and she went to follow one of the more experienced members of the circus.

Mechanics

image.png.a6bc88aefd6f3e42162553ea4bbb731c.png

Book One: The Show Must Go On Chapter One: Murder in the Center Ring

The Flamboni Sisters were very nervous that they had suddenly been chosen to be the opening act. But the show must go on. The sisters did their best, making sure to not set the tent ablaze as they performed... but backstage... other drama was unfolding while the sisters performed.

The schedule the Circus Heroes had set meant that Axel and Elizia were up next in the two side rings, but both had issues that would need to be tended to, and pretty quickly.

It seemed that Axel had only been following the Circus of Wayward Wonders for about a week, begging Myron to give him a chance to audition. Myron always turned him down in public but, among the other circus performers, he acknowledged that he was testing Axel’s commitment to circus life. Myron never got the opportunity to give Axel his chance. The heroes likely know that Axel hasn’t ever performed in front of an audience before, and the other entertainers express overt skepticism about his abilities. Axel insists that he’s ready and has begged to be included in the show; however, with his time at hand to perform, he freezes with stage fright and won’t leave the backstage area. 

Show Fixing Axel

A hero can attempt a DC 17 Diplomacy check to Request he perform or a DC 15 Intimidate check to Coerce him to go on. On a success, he performs as normal; on a critical success, he gains a +2 circumstance bonus to his skill checks. On a failure, he can’t be persuaded to perform, and the heroes must swap in another trick; on a critical failure, any character who performs the substituted trick takes a –2 circumstance penalty to skill checks due to lack of time to prepare.

The other act set o perform in the opposite ring, Elizia the snake charmer comes to the heroes with a problem. Mister Tickles, her anaconda, is lethargic and won’t eat or drink. 

Show Treating Mr. Tickles

First a hero will need to make a DC 15 Medicine or Nature check to Recall Knowledge tro identify the malady as goblin pox. Goblin pox isn’t lethal, and when Elizia learns that Mister Tickles is in no real danger and will recover within a few days, she is relieved. She has no idea how Mister Tickles got the pox. 

Second a hero can attempt a DC 19 Medicine check to Treat Disease to suppress the snake’s illness just enough to allow it to perform as planned. Regardless of the result, Elizia agrees to go on. On a success, Elizia has a –1 circumstance penalty to checks during her trick due to Mister Tickles’ illness. On a critical success, she has no penalty. On a failure, her penalty is –2, and on a critical failure her penalty is –4.

Putting on the Show

Show Expectations: 15
Show Excitement: 1

Since no one is assisting the Flamboni Sisters everyone can participate in the backstage drama, but it is time that is of the essence, due to the fact that we need 1 check for Axel (Diplomacy or Intimidation to Coerce him to go on.) A single PC must make this check, others can take the assist action and roll to see if they can help. We also need two checks on Mister Tickles, one to diagnose the illness and one to treat the illness. One PC needs to be chosen to do each task, others can offer assistance if they take the assist action and succeed.

Note: Due to the time restraits you can only do one thing per PC. So, if you make a check or assist with a check you cannot do another action here.

Show Putting on the Show

The remaining task, which falls to the heroes, is to decide how to arrange seven different tricks in the circus’s four acts: one trick for the opener in the center ring, two tricks for the build-up in the side rings, one trick for the big number in the center ring, and three tricks for the finale in all three rings. Only six NPC tricks are ready to perform; they are presented below. Thus, at least one hero must perform a signature trick, but multiple heroes can perform signature tricks if the group wishes to use fewer NPC tricks.

We are using simplified circus rules for pbp than those presented in the AP.

This event has an anticipation level of 15, so we need to build at least 15 points of excitement with our tricks.

Trick check results:
Critical Success You generate Excitement equal to the trick’s level plus half the trick’s level (rounded up); this Excitement is added to the circus’s total Excitement for the show.
Success You generate Excitement equal to the trick’s level; this Excitement is added to the circus’s total Excitement for the show.
Failure No effect.
Critical Failure The circus’s Excitement value decreases by a value equal to half the trick’s level (rounded up).

Show Available Tricks

image.jpeg.8fd13c4903255eb214fe9527f630f1c8.jpeg

Axel's Amazing Aviary (simple)
SEE HIM produce birds from underneath his cloak! They FLY, they sing, they deliver sweets to children in the audience!
Check: Nature +7

The Dwarven Throwers (moderate)
SEE THESE TUMBLERS shape themselves into a living ballista and launch themselves through the air!

Elizia and Mister Tickles (moderate)
SEE HER handle deadly vipers of many kinds and dance with a 16-foot-long anaconda!

The Flamboni Sisters (moderate)
SEE FEATS OF JUGGLING FROM THESE TWO BRAVE SISTERS. CAN THEY JUGGLE FIRE? WILL THEY SET THEMSELVES ON FIRE?
Checks: Deception +7, Fortitude Save +7

The Feather-Fall Five (moderate)
THE KANBALI FAMILY balances on tightropes with bounces, FLIPS, and aerial feats to delight!
Checks: Acrobatics +8, Athletics +6

Mordaine the Magician (moderate)
ACTS OF ILLUSION PERFORMED WITH SKILL, NOT MAGIC! SEE MORDAINE ESCAPE FROM SHACKLES, LOCKS, AND A WATER-FILLED TANK!
Checks: Fortitude Save +8, Thievery +7

PC Signature Trick
If you want to develop a signature trick, be imaginative and think something up based on your characters best one, two, or three skills. (More complicated tricks require two or three skills but could earn more crowd approval as a check is made for each one) The DC is 15 and when your turn comes to perform the trick then you must make all checks if performing a complicated trick or a single check if a simple trick. If you want to insert your custom trick into the show, please submit the idea to me on my discord.

Assisting with a trick. (If not performing in that act)
If your PC is not a performer you can still, choose to assist. Only one assistant allowed per trick, and you can only help with one trick per show. When you assist you offer a +2 to the checks for that performance. Examples below.
Animal Handler can assist with any acts involving animals.
Carnival Barker can assist with any act by maximizing the audience's anticipation. i.e. Hyping up the crowd.
Pyrotechnic can assist with any act to add fire to the act.
Anything else you can think up. So there should be a helper in most acts.
If you assist with the act, then when the time comes you will write the performance for the trick. (Bonus points can be added for style by the DM for this task)

Show Order of Acts

Opening Act : 
Abc ASSISTING : Flamboni Sisters (Open Center Ring) (7/7)

Side Ring Buildup :
OTHIN ASSISTING : Eliza +Tickles (Buildup Side Ring) (7/10) 
NO ASSIST : Axel Aviary (Buildup Side Ring) (+7) 1check 

Center Ring Main Event :
BORIL ASSISTING : Mordiane (magic escape) (big ticket , center ring) (8/7) 

Big Finale 3 Rings :
HAMAKO ASSISTING : Dwarven Throwers   (7/10)
Lukes Acro Stunt   (7/7)
FARVAD ASSISTING : Feather Fall Five  (8/6) 

Show Active Maps

spacer.png

Show Bookkeeping

PERCEPTION DC'S

Dorgothea 19 | Boril 16 | Favad 16 | Hamako 16 | Othin 16 | Luke 13

INITIATIVE
Not Currently in Use.
MECHANICS

Not Currently in Use.

CONDITIONS

Not Currently in Use.

DESCRIPTIONS

Not Currently in Use.

BORIL EVERGLADE

Hit Points: 8/8

DORGOTRHEA

Hit Points: 16/16

FARVAD AL-MEHRI

Hit Points: 20/20

HAMAKO DOJU

LUKE

Arcane Cascade: off
Spellstrike: off
Focus Pool: 1/1
Spell Slots: 

• 1st Level: 1/1

OTHIN BARRELARM

Hit Points: 22/22

Name
Flamboni Sisters Deception
1d20+7 1
Flamboni Sisters Fortitude Save
1d20+7 13

Farvad al-Mehri (Human (Keleshite) | Swashbuckler (Gynmnast) 1 | Neutral Good)spacer.png

AC: 18 |  HP: 20/20 |  Perception: +6 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Conditions: None

Hardly one for social situations, Farvad instead found himself examining a snake. He wasn't particularly fond of those either, but it beat social situations... he wasn't a deeply knowledgeable man in regards to animals, but keleshites often had to learn to handle horses and other creatures, and some things were universal...

"Ah! Is Pox! Goblin Pox," he said with a tone that seemed far in excess of the pronouncement, "They will be fine, will pass in a few days, but... I do not know how to treat it."

Mechanics

Action 1: 
Action 2: 
Action 3: 

Edited by Nasdaq (see edit history)
Name
Nature Check
1d20+4 18

Luci'ferrin : Starlit Magus

Luke (Kayal Wisp -  Starlit Span Magus 1 - CG)

AC: 18 Leather |  HP: 17/17 |  Perception: +3 | Darkvision | Small | Conditions: None

Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +5 | Hero Points : 1/1 

Arcane Cascade :  off | Spellstrike : off | Focus Pool : 1/1 | Spell Slots : 1st : 1/1 

Luke assisting snake... Mr tickles... Treat Disease (Medicine 4)

The Flamboni Sisters took to the ring, as events swept all around them back stage. Elizia and the animals should be getting ready with Othin, and Axel should be getting ready with his Aviary. Luke followed Farvad over to help Elizia. 

"What's wrong here? Elizia. Farvad?"

Luke watched as Farvad. Diagnosed the massive Constrictor. Strange spots on the scales were almost subtle, and could have been missed, but Farvad seemed to recognize something. 

"Goblin Pox? Are you certain? I, think I can help. Give me a moment."

Luke ran outside behind the tent, where he'd seen a certain patch of plants growing. There had been something, there, a sort of light playing in his peripheral vision. Not there if he looked too directly. 

Luke grabbed his dagger, and took a cutting, a hefty sample, for the large snake. He swept up the clutch of herbs, and ran back inside. He carefully approached Farvad and Mr. Tickles. 

"My mother used these herbs to treat Goblin Pox. I don't know the exact dosage for a snake this large. Mr. tickles is not exactly a small child. But the herbs are gentle enough for sick children, I think Mr. Tickles should be able to handle a large dose, like we'd give a large muscular labourer. How much does Mr. Tickles weigh?"

Luke calculated quickly, estimating from the dose for a large 250 pound man, and divided the herbs into two batches. One dose, to see if the snake responded well, and a second if it seemed to be working. He knew that he could take more time over the week to care for Mr. Tickles, but for now, this was all he could do.

"Get warm water. Lots of water for Tickles. To drink this down. And a small chunk of raw meat."

As he speaks, an infectious aura washes over Luke.  He has helped his mother treat patients a thousand times.  He has seen much worse than this. The aura washed over Luke, and he dove into the work.  Anyone standing nearby, could feel a slight tingling sensation. As if his confidence was growing, and spreading. Anyone who could sense magical auras, would notice that it began to manifest tangibly, infusing him.  This same state overtook Luke when he was deep into his sparring.  The same state when he was immersed in the humble act of chopping wood. Unfortunately, this task was not one that could be directly affected by the aura. More relied upon the herbs doing their work, and Mr. Tickles anatomy.  Nothing left to do, but give Mr. Tickles his best chance. Every patient was unique, his mom always said, some would respond quickly, others slowly, and some might react in unexpected ways.

"I hope this works... Please Mr Tickles... we really need you right now, you big, warm, humongous, friendly ? snake? Good boy, don't eat me... just get better ok?"  

OOC

Infectious Enthusiasm is an At Will cantrip, so it can be used, but it won't help much here.  It also can trigger his Arcane Cascade Stance, which unfortunately, won't help here either.  
Nonetheless, as some of that is instinctive reactions for Luke, and his innate magical heritage reaching out, I wanted to include references in the narrative.  If he were making Attack Rolls or Damage Rolls, or Will saves, things might be different. But alas.

Mechanics Prepared below, for Circus Days (Aerial Days = Feather Fall)

MECHANICS

MAGUS Class DC 17 • Trained 3 • Base 10 • Dex 4 • Item 0

Right Hand: Empty
Left Hand : Shortbow - Ammunition 30/30

ACTIONS

CONDITIONS

Sustaining :
xxx
xxx

QUICK SQUEEZE : You can squeeze 5 ft per round (10 ft on a Critical Success)

+ 1 Circumstance Bonus TUMBLE THROUGH 

DEFENSES / REACTIONS 

Defenses / Reactions :
1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png Spell : Shield Cantrip • AC +1 circumstance • Hardness 5 • Bulk ~ 
- - - See the Spell Description
- - -
 react.png.948c56e8afef83649218b0fea42d456f.png Shield Block Reaction  :  Hardness 5 (Locks out Shield Spell for 10 minutes)
- - - 

1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png Parry : Main Gauche • AC +1 circumstance  

MEDICINE

2act.png.07c9be13b139482bf744b8e43d8c7e6f.png Administer First AidRequirements : You are holding healer's tools, or you are wearing them and have a hand free

You perform first aid on an adjacent creature that is dying or bleeding. If a creature is both dying and bleeding, choose which ailment you’re trying to treat before you roll. You can Administer First Aid again to attempt to remedy the other effect.

Stabilize : Attempt a Medicine check on a creature that has 0 Hit Points and the dying condition.
The DC is equal to 5 + that creature’s recovery roll DC (typically 15 + its dying value).

Stop Bleeding : Attempt a Medicine check on a creature that is taking persistent bleed damage, giving them a chance to make another flat check to remove the persistent damage.
The DC is usually the DC of the effect that caused the bleed.

Success If you’re trying to stabilize, the creature loses the dying condition (but remains unconscious). If you’re trying to stop bleeding, the creature attempts a flat check to end the bleeding.
Critical Failure If you were trying to stabilize, the creature’s dying value increases by 1. If you were trying to stop bleeding, it immediately takes an amount of damage equal to its persistent bleed damage.

1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png   Treat PoisonRequirements You are holding healer's tools, or you are wearing them and have a hand free

You treat a patient to prevent the spread of poison. Attempt a Medicine check against the poison’s DC. After you attempt to Treat a Poison for a creature, you can’t try again until after the next time that creature attempts a save against the poison.

Critical Success You grant the creature a +4 circumstance bonus to its next saving throw against the poison.
Success You grant the creature a +2 circumstance bonus to its next saving throw against the poison.
Critical Failure Your efforts cause the creature to take a –2 circumstance penalty to its next save against the poison.

1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png   Battle MedicinePrerequisites trained in Medicine

Requirements You are holding healer's tools, or you are wearing them and have a hand free

You can patch up wounds, even in combat. Attempt a Medicine check with the same DC as for Treat Wounds and restore the corresponding amount of HP; this doesn't remove the wounded condition. As with Treat Wounds, you can attempt checks against higher DCs if you have the minimum proficiency rank. The target is then temporarily immune to your Battle Medicine for 1 day.

TREAT WOUNDS :

The Medicine check DC is usually 15, though the GM might adjust it based on the circumstances, such as treating a patient outside in a storm, or treating magically cursed wounds. If you’re an expert in Medicine, you can instead attempt a DC 20 check to increase the Hit Points regained by 10; if you’re a master of Medicine, you can instead attempt a DC 30 check to increase the Hit Points regained by 30; and if you’re legendary, you can instead attempt a DC 40 check to increase the Hit Points regained by 50. The damage dealt on a critical failure remains the same.

The result of your Medicine check determines how many Hit Points the target regains.
Battle Medicine

Proficiency DC Success Healing Critical Healing
Trained 15 2d8 4d8
Expert* 20 2d8+10 4d8+10
Master* 30 2d8+30 4d8+30
Legendary* 40 2d8+50 4d8+50

* Rolling against a higher DC is optional.

BASE HEALING
Critical Success The target regains 4d8 Hit Points, and its wounded condition is removed.
Success The target regains 2d8 Hit Points, and its wounded condition is removed.
Critical Failure The target takes 1d8 damage.

DC 15 :
         Success : Heal 2d8
         Critical Success = Heal 4d8
         Crit Fail = Harm 1d8 
         (Once Per Ally Per Day)

HEALER's TOOLS : On Belt

SPELLS

PREPARED MAGUS KNOWN   SPELL
STRIKE
CANTRIPS Prep 5 Arcane Cascade   
  Acid SplashCantrip
Attack - Acid
Evocation
Verbal - Somatic

I splash a glob of acid that splatters creatures. Make a spell attack. If I hit, I deal 1d6 acid damage plus 1 splash acid damage. On a critical success, the target also takes 1 persistent damage.

Heightened (3rd): The initial damage increases to 1d6+spellcasting modifier, and the persistent damage increases to 2

Heightened (5th): The initial damage increases to 2d6+spellcasting modifier, and the persistent damage increases to 3, and the splash damage increases to 2

Heightened (7th): The initial damage increases to 3d6+spellcasting modifier, and the persistent damage increases to 4, and the splash damage increases to 3

Heightened (9th): The initial damage increases to 4d6+spellcasting modifier, and the persistent damage increases to 5, and the splash damage increases to 4

(Arcane Cascade = +1 ACID)

+1 ACID Y
** BullhornCantrip
Auditory
Illusion
Verbal - Somatic
Duration : 10 Minutes

I amplify my voice, loud enough to be heard easily at a great distance. For the duration, my voice can be heard loudly and clearly by all listeners within 500 feet, even if other ambient noise would otherwise block the sound. Despite the volume, this doesn't make my voice jarring or distracting. This doesn't increase the range or area of other auditory or linguistic effects, and physical barriers such as walls and doors still block or muffle my voice as normal.

+1 Mental  
  Gale BlastCantrip -
Air
Evocation
Verbal - Somatic
Range : 5 ft Emanation
Targets : Area
Saving Throw : Fortitude

Wind flows from my outstretched hands, and whirls around me in a 5-foot emanation. Each creature in the area takes Bludgeoning Damage equal to my spellcasting modifier, and a Fortitude Save.

Critical Success : Creature is Unaffected
Success : Creature takes half damage
Failure : Creature takes full damage and is also pushed 5 feet away from me
Critical Failure : Creature takes double damage and is also pushed 10 feet away from me

Heightened (+2): Damage increases by +1d6

+1 Bludgeon  
** Gouging ClawCantrip - Attack - Morph
Transmutation
Verbal - Somatic

You temporarily morph your limb into a clawed appendage. Make a melee spell attack roll against your target's AC. If you hit, you deal your choice of slashing or piercing damage equal to 1d6 + your spellcasting modifier. On a critical success, you deal double damage plus 1d4 persistent bleed damage

Heightened (+1) : The damage increases by 1d6, and the persistent bleed damage on a critical increases by 1d4

+1 Slash / Pierce Y
** Infectious EnthusiasmCantrip
Emotion - Mental
Enchantment
Verbal - Somatic

Duration : 1 round

With enchanted gusto, I encourage myself to get things done, and share my motivation with my allies. I gain a +1 Status bonus to my choice of attack rolls, Will saves, or Charisma-based skill checks. During the spells duration, an ally who observed my Casting this Spell, (and within 30 ft) when I did so, can take a single action, which has the concentrate trait, to gain the same bonus I chose until the start of its next turn.

** Using this spell to influence someone in a social situation is typically considered a faux pas, negating the benefit on Charisma-based skills if the subject of the check observed me casting the spell.

** However, if I cast the spell unobserved by the target, a witnessing ally might be able to use the benefit themself. They could not be witnessed to have cast a spell, only to be 'similarly inspired by the environment' etc etc.

+1 Mental  
*** Mage HandCantrip
Evocation
Verbal - Somatic
Range : 30 feet
Targets : 1 unattended object of Light bulk, or less
Duration : Sustained

I create a single magical hand, either invisible or ghostlike, that grasps the target object and moves it slowly up to 20 feet. Because I am levitating the object, I can move it in any direction. When I Sustain the spell, I can move the object an additional 20 feet. If the object is in the air when the spell ends, the object falls.

Heightened (3rd) : I can target an unattended object with a Bulk of 1 or less.
Heightened (5th) : The range increases to 60 feet, and I can target an unattended object with a Bulk of 1 or less.
Heightened (7th) : The range increases to 60 feet, and I can target an unattended object with a Bulk of 2 or less.

+1 Force  
*** ShieldCantrip
Force
Abjuration
Verbal
Duration : Until the start of my next turn

I raise a magical shield of force. This counts as using the Raise a Shield action, giving me a +1 circumstance bonus to AC until the start of my next turn, but it doesnt require a hand to use.
While the spell is in effect, I can use the Shield Block reaction, with my magic shield. The shield has Hardness 5. After I use Shield Block , the spell ends and I can't cast it again for 10 minutes. Unlike a normal Shield Block, I can use the spells reaction against the magic missile spell.

Shield Block Reaction : Hardness 5

+1 Force  
  Phase BoltCantrip - Attack
Force
Evocation
Verbal - Somatic

I point my finger and project a bolt of magical energy that stutters in and out of phase until it reaches the target.
Make a ranged spell attack roll against your target's AC; if the target has any circumstance bonuses to AC (such as from a shield or cover), reduce that bonus by 2 for this attack.

On a success, you deal 1d4 piercing damage plus your spellcasting ability modifier.
On a critical success, the target takes double damage.

Heightened (+1) The bolt's damage increases by 1d4.

+1 Pierce ?

LEVEL 1 Prep 1    
  Magic WeaponMagic Weapon
Transmutation
Verbal - Somatic
Range- Evocation Touch
Targets- Evocation 1 weapon: that is unattended, or wield by yourself, or a willing ally

The weapon glimmers with magic and energy. The target becomes a +1 Striking weapon, gaining a +1 item bonus to attack rolls and increasing the number of weapon damage dice to two.
CRB

+1 Magic Wpn Type  
** Feather FallFeather Fall
Abjuration
Verbal
Range- Evocation 60 ft
Targets- Evocation 1 falling creature

You cause the air itself to arrest a fall. The targets fall slows to 60 feet per round, and the portion of the fall during the spells duration doesnt count when calculating falling damage. If the target reaches the ground while the spell is in effect, it takes no damage from the fall. The spell ends as soon as the target lands.
CRB

react.png.948c56e8afef83649218b0fea42d456f.png 
+1 Force  
* Pest FormPest Form
Polymorph -
Transmutation
Verbal - Somatic
Range- Evocation Self
Target- Evocation Self
Duration- Evocation 10 Minute

I You transform into the battle form of a Tiny Animal, such as a cat, insect, lizard, or rat. You can decide the specific type of animal, (such as a rat or praying mantis), but this has no effect on the forms Size or statistics. While in this form, you gain the Animal Trait. You can dismiss the spell.

While in this form, you gain the Animal Trait, and you cant make Strikes. You gain the following statistics and abilities:
AC = 15 + your level. Ignore your armour's check penalty and speed reduction
Speed = 20 ft
Weakness 5 Physical damage (If you take physical damage in this form, you suffer 5 additional damage)
Low-Light vision
Imprecise scent 30 ft
Acrobatics and Stealth modifiers of +10, unless your own modifer is higher
Athletics modifier -4

*Heigthened (4th) : You can turn into a flying creature, such as a bird, which grants you a fly speed of 20 feet
CRB

+1 Magic Wpn Type  
  Hydraulic PushHydraulic Push -Attachk - Water
Evocation -
Verbal - Somatic
Range : 60 ft
Targets : 1 creature or unattended object

You call forth a powerful blast of pressurized water that bludgeons the target and knocks it back. Make a ranged spell attack roll.

Critical Success : The target takes 6d6 bludgeoning damage and is knocked back 10 feet
Success : The target takes 3d6 bludgeoning damage and is knocked back 5 feet

*Heigthened (+1) : The damage increase by 2d6
CRB

(Arcane Cascade = +1 WATER Magic Bludgeoning / or FORCE)

+1 Water Bludgeon
or  Force
Y

FOCUS      
* Shooting StarShooting Star : Focus
1 Action

Divination
Verbal
Range : Weapon (Ranged/Throwing) (Not a Melee Power)
Targets : 1
Requirement : Must be wielding a ranged weapon or a throwing weapon

I let loose a projectile that flies true and leaves the blazing trail of a meteor behind it.
I make a Ranged STRIKE, ignoring the target's concealment and reducing the target's cover by one degree ( Greater => Standard / Standard => Lesser / Lesser => None )

If the STRIKE hits, the meteor trail hangs in the air.

**This gives the benefits of concealment negation and cover reduction to any attacks made against the creature BY ANYONE , until the start of my next turn.

+1 Mental ?

CIRCUS DAY : SOP

1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png    Arcane CascadeArcane Cascade • STANCE * CONCENTRATE 
      Requirement : I used my most recent action to CAST A SPELL or make a SPELLSTRIKE
      I divert a portion of the spell's magical power and keep it cycling through my body and weapon using specialized forms, breathing, or footwork.  While I am in the stance, my melee Strikes deal 1 extra damage. This damage increases to 2 if I have weapon specialization and 3 if I have greater weapon specialization. Any STRIKE that benefits from this damage gains the ARCANE trait, making it magical. 
If my most recent spell before entering the stance was one that can deal damage, the damage from the stance is the same type as the spell could deal (or one of my choice if the spell deals a variety). If the spell CANNOT deal damage, the ARCANCE CASCADE STANCE bonus damage type depends on the previous spells SCHOOL.
- Abjuration / Evocation = FORCE
- Divination / Enchatnment / Illusion = MENTAL
- Necromancy = NEGATIVE
- Conjuration / Transmutation = Same Type as the Weapon (ie. MAGIC PIERCING for arrows)
 • STANCE * CONCENTRATE 
2act.png.07c9be13b139482bf744b8e43d8c7e6f.png  Spellstrike : I can channel a spell into a punch, melee weapon, or a Starlit ranged attack, to deliver a combined assault. 
I cast a spell that takes 1 or 2 actions to cast (never 0 or 3) and requires a spell attack roll. (Unlocks later with growth) Make a Melee Strike with unarmed or melee weapon.  Including Reach weapons.  Starlit : Make a Ranged Strike with a Ranged Weapon, Thrown Weapon, or (Ranged Unarmed Attack).  The Attack and Spell are fused, using the result of the Strike to determine the result of the spell attack.
This counts as two attacks for my MULTIPLE ATTACK PENALTY, but I do not apply the penatly until after I have completed the SPELLSTRIKE (thus it could affect subsequent actions, as normal after making initial STRIKES)
The infusion of spell energy grants the STRIKE ARCANE trait, making it a MAGICAL attack.
After I use Spellstrike, I cannot do so again until I recharge the ability. I can  RECHARGE SPELLSTRIKE, as a single action, with the CONCENTRATE trait, Alternatively, when I cast a CONFLUX spell that uses at least 1 action, it also recharges my SPELLSTRIKE. (Casting a different type of FOCUS spell does NOT recharge my SPELLSTRIKE)

1act.png.16b62298aa2574859b91f118b14c6017.png    Recharge Spellstrike : As a single action, with the CONCENTRATE trait, to recharge spellstrike,
Alternatively, when I cast a CONFLUX spell that uses at least 1 action, it also recharges my SPELLSTRIKE.

Hybrid Study : Starlit Span : With magic, the sky is the limit.  I can't be bound by physical confines. My power reaches as far as my senses can perceive, transcending the space between us, binding our cosmic essence as if we were side by side, despite being across a field. 

When I use SPELLSTRIKE, I can make a ranged weapon STRIKE (or ranged unarmed) , as long as the target is within the first range increment of my ranged weapon. I can deliver the spell even if its range is shorter than the range incremement of my ranged attack. 
Ex. I can deliver a Ranged Spellstrike with my fist, my reach whip, or my Shortbow.  If I use my shortbow, I can Spellstrike within the 60 ft range increment, even delivering a touch spell up to 60 feet away.  When I practice with the longbow, my range increment is 100 feet, and I can deliver SPELLSTRIKES within that range. 

Conflux Spell : Shooting Star

Studious Spell : (7th) Darkvision

Studious Spell : (11th) Wall of Wind

Studious Spell : (13th) Freedom of Movement

Conflux Spells : Focus 1 I learned an Occult mystic secret of the Universe. This Conflux Spell uses my FOCUS pool points. I REFOCUS my pool, by studying my spellbook, and performing a physical regimen.  Especially personally centering, is the art of performing my martial Katas under the open sky.  However, anywhere that I can clear some space to stretch out, and reproduce the constellations with my Kata, allows me to spend 10 minutes to REFOCUS.  

Spellbook : Starlit Codex : I have a spellbook, a codex filled with my lessons and observations about the universe.  Its mysteries are fascinating, and studying them unlocks my connection through Light and Shadow to all things.  
I begin with 8 arcane cantrips, and 4 first level arcane spells. COMMON tier at start. At each new level, I add two new arcane spells of any level I am able to cast. I can also use the ARCANA skill to add other spells that we find during our adventures. Spellslots for a Magus are unique, compared to those of other classes.

Spellcasting • xxxx

Magus Spells & Powers — Spells Known : Spellbook 
Prepare Daily : 5 Cantrips / 1 Spell 1st

Level 1  : Spell Slots 1 / 1

Focus Pool Points : 1 / 1

Prepare Feather Fall for High Flying Days.
Prepare Pest Form instead, for Magician Assistant Days.

WEAPONS

Shortbow +7 • Trained 3 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d6 P • Deadly 1d10 
Bulk : 1 | Hands : 1+ | Range : 60 ft | Reload : 0 | Bow
Ammunition : 30

Throwing Knife +7 • Trained 3 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4 P • Finesse • Agile • Thrown 20 ft

Light Mace +7 • Trained 3 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4 B • Finesse • Agile • Shove

Main-Gauche +7 • Trained 3 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4 P • Finesse • Disarm • Agile Parry • Versatile S

Unarmed +3 • Trained 3 • Str 0 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4 B • Finesse • Agile • Nonlethal • Unarmed

Proficiency Trained: Martial • Simple • Unarmed

SKILLS

STRENGTH
Athletics +3 Trained

DEXTERITY
Acrobatics +7 Trained
Stealth +7 Trained
Thievery +7 Trained

INTELLIGENCE
Arcana +5  Trained
Occultism +5 Trained
Society +5  Trained
Lore : Shadow Plane +5 Trained
Lore : Warfare +5 Trained

WISDOM
Medicine +4 Trained

CHARISMA
Diplomacy +3 Trained

Languages : Common, Undercommon, Aklo, Shadowtongue

GEAR

Inventory — 
Money: 0 gp, 8 sp, 12 cp
Bulk 4.7/5 • Enc 5 (5 + Str 0) • Max 10 (10 + Str 0)

Adventurer's Pack • Bulk 1
    • Backpack
       • bedroll
       • rope (50 ft.)
       xxx • torches (5) (trade away 3)
    • Belt pouches (2)
       • chalk (10)
       • flint and steel
       • whetstone
       • rations (14)
       • soap
       • waterskin

Crowbar • Bulk L 
Grappling Hook • Bulk L (attached to rope)
Signal Whistle • Bulk ~ 
Healers Tools • Bulk L 

Arms and Armor
Shortbow • Bulk 1 
 - Arrows x 30 • Bulk 3L
Light Mace • Bulk L
Throwing Knife x 2  • Bulk 2L
Main-gauche • Bulk 1L 

Leather Armour • Bulk 1
Explorer's Clothes • Bulk L

Edited by Sweegy One (see edit history)
Name
Medicine Treat Disease : Goblin Pox (+2 if Ally Aids)
1d20+4 12

Othin Barrelarm (Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger 1 Neutral Good)spacer.png

AC: 18 (19 parry) |  HP: 22/22 |  Perception: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +4 | Hero Points:: 1/1 | Conditions: None

Othin was helping Elizia the snake charmer prepare Mister Tickles, her anaconda, for their performance.  He was going to mention the probable goblin pox, but Farvad said it first.  Luke seemed to know some cure, so he was ready with whatever incredient the aerialist wanted: warm water, on it.  Raw meat, got it.

He really did not know how to help but tried to do what he could, if nothing else to show Eliza that everyone wanted her to succeed.

Mechanics

The murderer is Othin's prey

Action 1: Help Luke

Reaction: Aid Medicine

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)
Name
Medicine (Treat Goblin Pox)
1d20+1 2

Boril Everglade Halfling (Nomad) | Rogue (Scoundrel) 1 | HalflingCook.jpg.6261c698c35a07caa425e314a4699bdf.jpg

AC: 14 |  HP: 8/8 |  Perception: +6 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +8 | Will: +6 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Conditions: None

While Farvad, Luke and Othin tried their best to find out and cure whatever ailment it was that had gotten hold of Mr. Tickles, Boril and Hamako headed over to Axel to see if they could get him to perfrom despite his stage fright. Boril let Hamako do most of the talking, as he seemed to be the most charismatic of the two of them, and as a barker had more of a connection to Axel. But he gave the Kitsune some words of advice and chimed in when Hamako wasn't sure what to say. Boril really hoped that they'd be able to get through to Axel. The Flamboni Sisters' act hadn't gone very smoothly, and they simply couldn't afford anymore setbacks, especially during their very first performance.

Mechanics

Action 1: Assit Hamako in persuading Axel
Action 2: 
Action 3: 

Hamako briefly ducked behind the curtains, so no sharp-eyed member of the audience could see him wince. In terms of technical skill, the Flamboni sisters were performing just fine. But they lacked the unshakeable demeanor that befitted a proper performance. They were obviously shaken, nearly on the verge of panic, and their expressions were making that obvious.

And speaking of panic...Hamako had seen this since he was a kit, sneaking behind the stage when his mother was performing her Chelish operas. Stage fright. A force that could derail careers before they could start. Sighing, he walked up and clapped a hand on Axel's shoulder.

"Axel. You've been working towards this for years. And now you're going to let fear get the better of you? Just...easy, just listen to me. Deep breath in...and out. You're not performing for House Thrune or an elder dragon. Just a small town in a little corner of Absalom. This isn't the end-all be-all of your career in the circus. Just a first step. Now chin up. You know what to do, and so do your birds."

Mechanics

Main Hand: Flail (concealed)

Action 1: Going for Diplomacy. Rolling without any modifiers from spells or assistance - feel free to add those on.

Name
Diplomacy
1d20+6 18

Dorgothea (Half-Orc  | Cleric (Blow-in) 1 | Chaotic Good)spacer.png

AC: 18 |  HP: 16/16 |  Perception: +9 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +4 | Will: +9 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Conditions: None

Dorgothea's knowledge of medicine was less than what it should be, but she still attempted to help others with curing the anaconda of its illness, doing her best to be on hand. It wasn't just for the snake though, as soon as she had a chance she wanted someone skilled in the arts of anatomy to take a look at the body. If a moment ever arose to do that.

Mechanics

Name
Medicine Aid
1d20+4 7