Divine Healer

Terran

Sister Elektra. Healer & Elementalist

spacer.pngNAME:  Sister Elektra Stoneshoulder  

CLASS:  Cleric

RACE:  Dwarven

DEITY:  Domain Priestess  

DOMAINS:  Earth and Fire

PARTY ROLE:  Use healing and herbalist skills to keep others healthy, to provide secondary combat skills, and to improve the morale and spirituality of those around her

Show Decription

Sister Elektra is short, but she is also extremely broad and stoutly built.  Even though she is fully clad in scale mail armor, it's obvious that the holy woman is as well-muscled as any males of her clan.  Crowned with long thick whitish-blonde hair and adorned with simple jewelry, the Dwarven priestess maintains a clean-shaven face according to clan custom since she had never been married.  Sporting a large wooden shield and brandishing a wicked looking morning star in times of trouble, Elektra paints a picture of someone who is well-practiced in the art of war.

Show Personality

PC PERSONALITY:  Herbalist by profession and an Earth and Fire Priestess by calling, Sister Elektra is strong in her faith and commonly uses her divine powers to help others in need or less fortunate than her.  As the Dwarven grew academically and in her religion, Elektra learned that she has the ability to influence creatures evolved from air, earth, fire and water, as well as destroying undead.  The holy elementalist is trustworthy, hardworking, energetic, resourceful, friendly and kind person and is extremely loyal to friends and family.  Above all, Elektra will always pursue the path of good and oppose evil every step of the way.

PLAYER INFORMATION: Here is a little bit about me. As a devoted player of DnD since 1980, I reliably check Mythweavers periodically during the day until late at night since I have the net both at work and home. Typically posting once or twice a day, or more depending on game flow, I try to bring my posts to life by the occasional incorporation of pictures as well as describing my PC's various senses, emotions, and thoughts along with his or her actions.

I've played many games on Myth-Weavers over the years, am a very reliable player and poster, and have never quit any game. I'm also old school and believe that the DM has final say on all matters, after all no one else knows more about the varied unusual places in their world than they do. Most importantly as a team player, I always try to be considerate of other players and the DM so we can all have fun together and enjoy the game.

Show Stats

Sister Elektra, the Elementalist
Female   Dwarven Cleric, Level 1, Init 2, HP 9/9, DR 0, Speed 20 ft.
AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, Fort 3, Ref 2, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 0
Morning Star  +2 (1d8+2, x2)
Light Crossbow (20/20 bolts) +2 (1d8, 19-20/x2)

Club  +2 (1d6+2, x2)
Scale Mail, Heavy Wooden Shield (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 11
Condition Healthy.

Resources:  Candles (10), Chalk (10), Marbles (2 lbs), Sunrods (2), Trail Rations (10), 2 SP, 8 CP

Divine Powers:  Destroy Undead (3 per day), Turn/Destroy Air Creatures (3 per day), Rebuke/Command Earth Creatures (3 per day), Turn/Destroy Water Creatures (3 per day), Rebuke/Command Fire Creatures (3 per day)

Spells:  0 Level:  Create Water, Detect Magic and Guidance --- 1st Level:  Bless, Burning Hands and Cause Fear

Edited by Terran (see edit history)
Name
Ability Scores 1
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),6) 1,3,1,6,2,2,5,4,6,6,3,1,2,1,4,2,4,1,5,5,5,4,1,4
Ability Scores 2
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),6) 4,2,4,6,4,6,5,2,3,3,4,4,6,3,1,2,1,6,6,4,2,6,5,1

EXAMPLE POST

Sister Elektra. Healer & Elementalist

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=18, Touch=12, FF=16 / HP=9/9 / Init=2 / Saves: Fort=3, Reflex=2, Will=5

(INSERT TEXT HERE)

Voice Text

Thought Text

Magical Spell Text

Show Full Stats

Sister Elektra, the Elementalist - Female Dwarven Domain Cleric (Earth & Fire)

Level 1, Init 2, HP 9/9, DR 0, Speed 20 ft. 
AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16

Fort 3, Ref 2, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 0

Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 11
Condition Healthy.

Weapons/Armor:  Morning Star  +2 (1d8+2, x2) -- Light Crossbow (20/20 bolts) +2 (1d8, 19-20/x2)

Club  +2 (1d6+2, x2) -- Dagger +2 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)

Scale Mail, Heavy Wooden Shield (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)

Resources:  Candles (10), Chalk (10), Marbles (2 lbs), Sunrods (2), Trail Rations (10), 1 SP, 3 CP

Divine Powers:  Destroy Undead (3 per day), Turn/Destroy Air Creatures (3 per day), Rebuke/Command Earth Creatures (3 per day), Turn/Destroy Water Creatures (3 per day), Rebuke/Command Fire Creatures (3 per day)

Spells:  0 Level:  Create Water, Detect Magic and Guidance --- 1st Level:  Bless, Burning Hands and Cause Fear

Show Mechanics

Free Action: 

Swift Action: 

Move Action: 

Standard Action:

Continuing Effects:  None

ANTICIPATED PROGRESSION

Level 1 - Cleric 1; Level 2 - Cleric 2; Level 3 - Cleric 3; Level 4 - Cleric 4; Level 5 - Cleric 5; Level 6 - Cleric 6; Level 7 - Cleric 7; Level 8 - PrC Divine Disciple 1; Level 9 - Divine Disciple 2; Level 10 - Divine Disciple 3; Level 11 - Divine Disciple 4; Level 12 - Divine Disciple 5

Requirements for Divine Disciple

Skills: Diplomacy 5 ranks , Knowledge (religion) 8 ranks

Spells: Able to cast 4th-level divine spells.

STARTING EQUIPMENT 

Player's Handbook 2 - Cleric Defender - p. 37

BRIEF BACKSTORY

Conceived in the passions of fire, nurtured by mother earth, and born of water into a world of air, Elektra grew up in the Stoneshoulder Clan as any normal Dwarven child, learning and studying many subjects including the ways of nature, with a demonstrated affinity in the field of herbalism.

As she progressed in years and gained experience in her applied profession, Elektra soon realized that she was able to combine her herbal skills with innate divine healing powers.

Even though not formally trained as a cleric of any particular deity, the lass also came to understand that she had an unusual ability to affect the four primary elements of air, earth, fire and water.

Thus, the healer eventually evolved into a domain priestess of earth and fire, a purveyor of good over evil, a destroyer of undead, and some type of elementalist influencer, for lack of a better term.  

Over the years of helping others, the holy woman eventually found herself traveling the world's highways and byways following a divine path and spreading hope throughout the land, one good deed at a time.

I do not see rolled golds, so I have a few questions.

1.) How does your dwarf possess a Healer's Kit, an armor, a crossbow and that much gear? Did you perchance find an amply supplied starting package?

2.) What are those entries for "20/20 Rawhide,  20 Leather"? 

Edited by Ruess (see edit history)

The source of the starting equipment package is from the Players Handbook II - "The Defender" as specified above.  It has no rolled gold, but it does come with several gold pieces as part of the package which I used to buy a few small items that cost only a few CPs or SPs. 

A standard adventurer's kitA backpack, a bedroll, flint and steel, a belt pouch, two sunrods, ten days’ worth of trail rations, 50 feet of hempen rope, and a waterskin. is also part of "The Defender" starting package.  This resource is found in:  

STARTING EQUIPMENT 

Player's Handbook 2 - Cleric Defender - p. 37

__________________________________________________________________________________

As a healer/herbalist living nearly six decades, I figured that my PC had put together a makeshift herbal/healing kit from items that can be commonly gathered in nature.  The contents of the kit are from real life, and it is intended to be for roleplaying vs. roll-playing in the rare cases when a herbalist/healer kit is needed.  

HERBALIST KIT: Eucalyptus (insect repellant); moss/mustard/herbs/vinegar/potent garlic/wolfs bane/hot peppers/sassafras/onion/ginger/sage/lime (anti-septic); willow bark/horseradish/nutmeg/poppy seed (pain; anti-inflammatory); charcoal/yarrow (poison); arnica (fungicide); sage wort (parasites); bergamot orange (malaria); peppermint/dragon's blood/comfrey (infection); and fever few/valerian (sedative), Gathered Dried Mushrooms (Vomit, Sleep, Stench, Nutrition).

____________________________________________________________________________________

The 20 Rawhide Leather Bindings are just pieces of cured rawhide leather harvested from common animal pelts.  They are about 2 ft long and can be used as tie downs/cords/straps/etc.

These few extra items are mundane items that are intended to help the rest of the group.  They are all found in nature and are easily gathered for free, but I can delete all or any of these items from the sheet and acquire them later or buy substitutes deemed suitable for the storyline.  

Sure.  Sounds great!  Also, if we need to eliminate or revise anything, including the equipment just say the word.  

My application is a working draft based on our discussions, desires and game needs.   

Feel free to advise whatever changes are needed or that would be helpful to you and the group!  🙂

Short Answer

I like her. Good work.

More Elaborate Answer

Character

I like your character. I like the compact nature of your work. I like how you've brought into being a character with an easy-to-read formatting.

Design & Build

I like everything I'm seeing about your character. I'm sold.

Backstory

I like the backstory you cooked up. It's a good example of short and sweet and has enough material to work with from a DM's perspective. I can definitely make use of it, and it gives me a solid idea of the who, the how and the what. Good job.

Character is good to go.

Character passes examination.

Good job.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Should you desire to offer your voice to the singers, you may do so with my blessing.

Does this refer to the Spellsingers/Spelldancers from pg. 187 of Races of Faerun?

https://anyflip.com/xtplk/ejjh

If so, it sounds unusual, something totally new and interesting! 

Of course, it would be a Prestige Class not attainable until level 6 unless one of the Feats was waived, which would make it attainable at 4th level.  Does his "Blessing" help with that?

Assuming she lives that long and there is unexpected elven lineage from long ago in her family's past generations!  🙂

• 8 months later...