Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Xerin's application

Xerin

Trying to make a fun pugilist idea.

Zehrou Al'Doomvein

Bastard Nephew of Thulgrim

spacer.png

"I don't care if he's wearing a helmet, I'm going to smash his face with my fist!"

Barbarian (Zealot)

Custom Lineage (Dwarf Aasimar hybrid)

Armor Class 15 (Dex +2, Con +3)

Hit Points 
Speed 30 ft.

Senses darkvision 60ft,

Languages Common, Dwarvish, Celestial, Primordial

Proficiency Bonus +2

ABILITIES & SKILLS 

Proficiency Bonus: +2

Strength 15 (+2)
Save +4 
Athletics +4

Dexterity 14 (+2) 
Save +2 
Acrobatics +2 | Sleight of Hand +2 | Stealth +2

Constitution 16 (+3)
Save +5
No skills associated.

Intelligence 10 (+0)
Save +0 
Arcana + | History + | Investigation + | Nature + | Religion +

Wisdom 10 (+0)
Save +0 
Animal Handling + | Insight +2 | Medicine + | Perception +2 | Survival +

Charisma 10 (+0) 
Save +0
Deception + | Intimidation + | Performance + | Persuasion +2

(E) denotes expertise. / Bold denotes proficiency.

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES

PROFICIENCIES

• Tools None
  • Instruments None
  • Weapons Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons 
  • Armors Light, Medium

BARBARIAN CLASS ABILITIES
Rage | Unarmered Defense |Danger Sense | Reckless Attack | Primal Path: Zealot - Divine Fury | Warrior of the Gods

RACIAL TRAITS
Darkvision | Feat | 30ft movement 

FEATS
Fighting Initiate: Unarmed Combat (TCE)

WEAPONS

WEAPONS

• FIST +4 to hit for (1D8+2) bludgeoning damage | Light
  • FIST OF FURY +4 to hit for (1D8+1D6+5) bludgeoning damage. | Light, Radiant, Bludgeoning 
  • Thrown Axe +4 to hit for (1d6+2) Slashing damage. | Light, Thrown (20/60)
  • Javelin +4 to hit for (1D6+2) Piercing Damage | Thrown (30/120)

SPELLS

SPELL SLOTS 4 x per day can rage and gain Divine Radiance

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBRANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBRANCE (84.1 lbs.)

• Weight: 84.1 lbs. / 225 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
  • Penalty: None

MONEY POUCH (0.10 lbs.)

Copper: 0 | Silver: 0 | Gold: 5 | Obsidian: | Platinum: 0

(5 Coins x .02 lbs. = 0.1 lbs. Total Weight)

EQUIPEMENT READIED (25 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a 'manipulate item' interaction.

• Armor (4 lbs.) Traveler's Clothes - 4 lbs.
  • Weapons (12 lbs.) Hand Axes x2 - 4 lbs. | Javelins - 8 lb.
  • Readied Items (9 lbs.) Fine Clothes - 6lb, Pouch 1lb, 

EQUIPMENT STORED (59 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack (36 lbs.) Backpack - 5 lbs. | Mess Kit - 1 lbs. | Tinderbox - 1lb | 10 Rations - 20 lb | 9 torches - 9lbs
  • Strapped to Backpack (23 lbs.) Waterskin - 5 lbs. | 50ft of Rope - 10lb | 1 torches - 1lbs | Bedroll 7 lbs. 

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

* Denotes magic item (see below)

APPEARANCE

Age 25 | Height 6'0" | Weight 260 lbs. | Hair Bluish-White| Eyes Pale Blue | Complexion Fair

Cold eyes of blue fire. Whiteish blue hair that seems to glow in soft light. Zehrou has his mother's broad shoulders and face from her dwarvish heritage. And etherial-looking eyes, hair, and beard from his father, an aasimar who used to adventure with his mother.

SUPERNATURAL GIFT

Anvilwrought

Constructed Resilience. You were created to have remarkable fortitude, represented by the following benefits:

• You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
  • You don't need to eat, drink, or breathe.
  • You are immune to disease.
  • You don't need to sleep, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Sentry's Rest. When you take a long rest, you must spend at least six hours in an inactive, motionless state, rather than sleeping. In this state, you appear inert, but it doesn't render you unconscious, and you can see and hear as normal.

BACKGROUND

Courtier

Source Skull Coast Adventure Guide

• Personality Traits: I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can't help it - I'm a perfectionist.
  • Ideals: My talents were given to me so I could use them to benefit the world.
  • Bonds: One day I will return to my family and prove that I am the greatest child born of this generation of nobles.
  • Flaws: I'm quick to assume that someone is trying to cheat me.

Background Feature: Court Functionary

Your knowledge of how bureaucracies function lets you gain access to the records and inner workings of any noble court or government you encounter. You know who the movers and shakers are, whom to go to for the favors you seek, and what the current intrigues of interest in the group are.

BACKSTORY

Moira Doomvein was the younger sister of the king of Khazak Ur-Stan; Thulgrim. Many years ago, Moira was an adventurer who joined forces with two elves, an Aasimar and a Warforged. The team of oddballs had many great adventures and earned a name for themselves. When Thulgrim took the throne, Moira was requested back as a member of his clan and family.

Moira joined the family and for the next few turbulent months of succession, providing both physical and strategic aid to her brother. But soon it became obvious that Moira was pregnant. When asked, Moira confessed that she had joined the adventurers under a different name and had ended up marrying her Aasimar companion under the name of Al'quin. This created a political scandal for Moira, was the wedding legal? At the time she wasn't a direct heir and had the right to hide her name in order to earn her own accolades. Marriages in those situations had happened before and they were later recognized under the court, but never within recent history had this been done with one of the noble clan. The Aasimar was also a child of a divinity that wasn't directly worshipped in Khazak Ur-Stan, and the question of a child of another divinity being added to the noble house causing a religious issue also came up.

Eventually, it was decided that the Aasimar would come to the kingdom of Khazak Ur-Stan, get official recognition as a hero which would allow him to be married to one of the noble house, and the marriage would be ratified and redone under the church of Ranma. The Aasimar would be recognized as a lesser rank to Moira and as such his ranking could be over-ruled by her and religious standing could be quietly and politely ignored.

Moira's child would be considered a noble who, while in line for succession, would be far removed and unlikely to cause trouble.

This would have all gone well, but when Zehrou's father came to meet up at the boarder, his group was ambushed and the father was slain. Moira then left town to meet her husband with another younger brother and several other nobles who were supportive of the Doomveing lineage. Not expecting danger, they were attacked withing their own lands and many were injured or slain that day. While Thulgrim's response was firm and fierce, and the rebels and enemies were dealt with, Moira did not survive the trip... though her son did. Zehrou, now orphaned was in a unique situation. Taken in by his uncle he was marked as Al'Doomvein, the title given to a sub-family. Many clans under Doomvein's reign constantly struggled to lessen Zehrou's position of power, trying to give Thulgrim fewer allies and heirs to defend his position and assist them in politics. But this constantly made his position as a noble child questioned. Was he considered a bastard since the DWARVEN marriage never happened? Was he even a dwarf, having aasimar blood? He was denied military training because of noble heritage, but also personal training because of questionable birth.

This made Zehrou's childhood a difficult and lonely one. His uncles did their best to take care of their only sister's child. Raising him to be strong and bold and not allow the statements of others to bring him down. One day, when he was just a young teen, an older noble challenged Zehrou to a duel over a feigned insult. When Zehrou accepted, much to the noble's surprise, he claimed that Zehrou was not allowed to wield a weapon because his nobility wasn't recognized. And that if he did he would bring shame to both families.

Without the assistance of his uncles there, Zehrou didn't know how to respond, and instead of backing out or claiming his mother's status, Zehrou threw out a laugh and claimed he didn't need a weapon to defeat someone who only had a noble name and instead of noble blood had cowardly goblin piss in his veins. What Zehrou hadn't expected was that the noble's weapon and armor had both been enchanted. Zehrou fought as the flaming ax swung at his head, and the glowing armor seemed to dampen his blows, until finally a blow struck Zehrou in the head and caused him to bleed.

At that moment, something awakened inside Zehrou. His body glowed with celestial light, his eyes awakened in a way that none had seen before, and Zehrou's moves took on a style that no one had seen before. When the fight was done, Zehrou was panting with exhaustion, but the arrogant noble was unconscious, bleeding, and had soiled himself. 

Now with the reoccurring dreams, Zehrou feels like he's been given a quest from his fallen father. Or maybe even his divine ancestor. And if he accomplishes his task, he believes he can leverage his heroic status in order to earn the noble position he is so frequently denied. As such, Zehrou has given up most noble boons that would be granted to one of his status and has stepped out onto the world stage to prove himself as something more than the misunderstood nephew of a lenient dwarven king.

Edited by Xerin (see edit history)

Yeah... Using point buy.

15, 14, 13, 10, 10, 10

Edited by Xerin (see edit history)
Name
roll
15; 11; 9; 13; 12; 12
drop(4d6,lowest,1);drop(4d6,lowest,1);drop(4d6,lowest,1);drop(4d6,lowest,1);drop(4d6,lowest,1);drop(4d6,lowest,1) [3,2,6,6]; [3,2,6,6,5,2,3,3]; [3,2,6,6,5,2,3,3,4,4,1,1]; [3,2,6,6,5,2,3,3,4,4,1,1,4,2,3,6]; [3,2,6,6,5,2,3,3,4,4,1,1,4,2,3,6,4,2,6,1]; [3,2,6,6,5,2,3,3,4,4,1,1,4,2,3,6,4,2,6,1,5,3,4,2]

19 hours ago, Xerin said:

Updated my character, is there anything I'm forgetting?

Hey there! Love the backstory some great hooks to sink my teeth into! You're still open to picking 2 common magical items or 1 common and 1 uncommon. Just let me know what Uncommon you pick so I can look it over. Other than that this looks great, I will mark this as completed!