Burning Luck

cailano

One rule you might want to remember is your character's ability to burn luck.

You can use luck to modify any of your dice rolls at any point in the game.

One point of luck buys you a +1 to the roll.

You can regain luck by completing adventures, taking actions that strongly support your PC's alignment, and taking actions that please certain powerful supernatural beings.

Thieves and Halflings also regain luck over time, and they get greater benefits when burning luck.

But be careful! Losing luck by angering the gods or acting against your character's alignment is also possible.

You should treat luck like a resource in the game. All adventurers need it now and then!

My understanding is you get the 13. Each time you spend one your Luck score goes down 1. There are times when you might need to make a Luck check or save and you would use whatever your current total is, not what you originally rolled. 

They’re a resource. If you need it and don’t have it you’ll wish you’d saved it. If you die with a bunch of it unspent, you’ll feel a little silly. Pick your poison! 

I recommend the green one. It’s delicious. 

can we use luck to turn a deadly blow into a not so deadly blow? like in Oswald's case is there any way I can use luck to have the monster either miss or have his attack do far less damage?