Episode 1: Chapter 3: The Engagement at Nyon

AlexTGreat

While the majority of the Autobot convoy take up defensive cover positions in the desolate ruins of Nyon, the air element of the convoy move to intercept the detected Decepticon threat. Jetfire, Windblade & Whirl sit approximately 5 Miles from the two contingents of Decepticon Seekers.

The High Cover contingent is comprised of RiffraffRabblerouserBlueheat are roughly 1 mile above the surface of Cybertron - as yet do not show any indication of having spotting the Autobot Air Element.

Meanwhile the Decepticon Ground Search contingent is comprised of ClearcutHollowpointWyvern and they are flying just barely above the burned out buildings of Nyon by only a couple of feet and sometimes even dipping below the skyline.

Both Decepticon contingents appear to be actively on the hunt for something and not your standard Decepticon seeker patrol.

The Autobot Air Element has chosen to engage the High Cover element first.

Jetfire at top speed can cover that distance almost instantly (roughly 40 miles in a single turn). Windblade can cover half that distance (aprox 3 miles in a single turn), while the much slower Whirl will take almost a full minute to cover the distance (roughly 1/2 mile in a single turn). Only Jetfire has the weaponry to engage at the present range - with Windblade and Whirl needing to close the distance considerably. 

OOCPlayers can roll their initiative and announce their initial actions.

Whirl - 1D10 +5
Jetfire - 1D10 + 5
Windblade - 1D10 +3

Maia - H: 140 / K: 70

Maia, definitely not wanting to be shot down on the spot, yips and scrambles for cover. She quickly comms to the rest of the group, <- "Three Seekers just above the ground! They're looking for something, take cover!" -> Her claws scramble over fallen metal and stone as she dives into the nearest hidey-hole, pulling her wings tight as to fit. Curling around, she faces the outside of the hole and deactivates her wing-leathers, hoping to seem as small and dark as she possibly can.

Please don't see me, please don't see me, please don't see me ....

OOC

Maia will take cover in the nearest hole that fits and attempt to hide from the ground crew. Initiative roll to follow.

Edited by Moonjelly (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d100+2 48
Initiative (last one was a mistake)
1d10+2 9

Jetfire

H:245     K:275

Function: Air Guardian

spacer.png“Among mysteries of science lies the key to victory.”

Jetfire reacts to Windblade's lead and launches full speed toward the Overwatch seekers, while being careful not to hinder his allies with his jetwash. He locks weapons on the lead element. 

Edited by Shadowstarr (see edit history)
Name
roll
1d100+5 27

spacer.pngWHIRL
H: 200 | K: 165 

Whirl lets out a peeved sigh before moving forward at his much less impressive full speed. "Save some for me, you jerks! We'll see who's laughing when we're fighting in the canyon and you guys have to keep moving all the time. Twin-rotor alt-modes prioritize maneuverability and finesse over pure speed! I'm fantastic at close air support!"

He keeps thwopping forward as fast as he can, watching as his companions widen the gap further and further. "That's it. Next time I see Perceptor, I'm stealing his sniper rifle. Scrappin' nerd doesn't need it."

Name
Initiative
1d10+5 9

On 3/5/2023 at 4:38 PM, Shadowstarr said:

Jetfire

H:245     K:275

Function: Air Guardian

spacer.png“Among mysteries of science lies the key to victory.”

Jetfire reacts to Windblade's lead and launches full speed toward the Overwatch seekers, while being careful not to hinder his allies with his jetwash. He locks weapons on the lead element. 

Need an initiative roll: 1D10+5

spacer.png

Mechanical Engineer Health 185 • Status Fully Operational • Karma 250

The white, red, and green streak that was Wheeljack in vehicle mode sped through the canyon. Suddenly, the back half of his alt-mode spun out in a drift, skidding forward, dirt and debris a coarse mist heralding his arrival. As new gears and mechanical pieces shifted and moved, Wheeljack's robot mode made its entrance. The Autobot engineer brandished his sidearm and kept to the side walls of the canyon, opposite his allies. He hunkers down besides some of the canyon rocks and keeps his photon pistol readied. Now was the time for some well-deserved payback.

Edited by Choomie (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d10+6 6