Deleted Scenes (OOC Conversation)

DoNotFearToTread

On 3/12/2024 at 9:39 PM, Cirlot said:

It's not clear?  So in the examples given for the class it's indicated multiple enhancements by ME don't stack - i.e. if I bestow +1 AC to a pair of boots and then +1 AC to a shirt, someone wearing both would only get +1 - but it's not made explicit that it doesn't stack with other external effects.  I don't think C&C does the "typed" bonuses of 3rd Edition or Pathfinder so there's nothing that says it can't.  Ultimately it's a GM call.

Is there any benefit to casting Bless as though you were a higher level?  For 2 of my magic points I can boost a spellcaster's spell such that it behaves as though the caster was 1 level higher.

I can rule on this right now.

Bless is a spell cast on allies. The Magic User ability is applied to a weapon to gain combat bonuses by briefly (1 rnd + 1 rnd/MU level) making that item magical.

If I didn't let those stack, +1 weapons and Bless would also not stack and that's pretty dumb. Plus, spells are limited use and the MU's seige points are limited use so you all should get the most benefit possible from your limited resources.

So yeah, those abilities can stack for their duration. If a nasty fight comes your way, at least you can hulk out for a few rounds.

Light Sources

"Light of the World" Continual Flame Feather - illumination like a torch 30' - Permanent

Clairese also has a single light cantrip as well.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG she posted, she's alive! 😨

Yeah I know. I've been really lax here lately and I apologize for that. I'm going to try doing a better job of keeping up, especially now that we're about to be delving. I know the game has been held up a couple times while waiting on me. I'll try to make sure that happens much less.

This is not all on you, MG. I did hold off a bit last week but this weekend I fell into a Dragon's Dogma 2 sized hole. I've been getting relentless page loading errors on the site the last 2 days but I'm writing off-site so I can try to sneak a post through the rare moments I can actually load MW up. Barring technical issues, I'll push us forward tomorrow. And no, we're not gonna go foot by foot through the caverns checking for traps. This isn't that old school of a game.

Fantastic to hear. I like old school stuff but spending 20 minutes to look at a corpse for a valuable ring (happened in another game) is just ridiculous. Dungeon Turns are an odd concept to me.

As far as gaming goes, i get it. I only have a last gen console so I'm playing old stuff but I'll be damned if i haven't sunk 60+ hours into Kingdoms of Amalur over the last 6 weeks.

I see a small stream coming out of a large pool on the east (right) side of the map.

Has the water erosion over time cut a deeper path from the flow of the stream so that the level of the river's surface is a foot or more below the level of the surrounding land?

Essentially, is there enough depth to hide the movement of a person? What about a small person?

Posted (edited)

That stream falls from the water above into a purposefully cut trough and flows calmly all the way to the end of the chamber. It is roughly ten feet across and ten feet deep the whole way down. So yeah, it could disguise a normal height person easily, but their head would be somewhat visible when they surface as the water is still nearly level with the chamber floor. Theyd be far more hidden than walking up on the place, but not fully concealed as the above inquiry suggests.

Edited by DoNotFearToTread (see edit history)

I'm looking back over my large list of abilities and it looks like Deerstalker gives me swimming/fording through water as well as climbing natural slopes and inclines without needing to roll. Plus I get bonuses to holding my breath if it comes to that.

Thus, I volunteer to go get those shinies in the water (despite my IRL phobia of dark water).

Good call I think, Malkavian - seems the safer approach: I'd not put good odds on Neve trying to stealth in normally (given how Derro likely need less light which means shadows will likely help bugger all) and I would NOT wager her odds on the stream . . .

DNFTT knows this but in the interest of transparency, I've developed a new medical condition which is, in a roundabout way, affecting my ability to see right now, so I'm working on hacks and solutions but my posting will be slowed for the time being. Shouldn't be permanent, and if it is, I won't be able to see to tell you anyway, so there's that.