Player HX

Kerillian

Howdy folks, glad to have you here! Before we start the first session, we have to has out how all of your characters know each other. You will all basically be allies with each other, but you don't have to be life long friends or anything.

On your playbook there's a section called "HX" with some questions, go ahead and post those questions here. Everyone needs to answer a question from each other's playbooks, and then based on their answers you will mark down a score on your own sheet. You should have a score and a brief description of your thoughts/relationship with every other player on your sheet. A higher score means you understand that person better, not necessarily that you've known them for a long time.

When answering question remember that your job is to play your characters as though they were real people, in whatever circumstances they find themselves—cool, competent, dangerous people, larger than life, but real.

On the flip side, my job as MC is to treat your characters as though they were real people too, and to act as though Apocalypse World were real. So if you want to create NPC's, cities, or anything else go wild and I will help flesh it out!

Hx Questions for Kitty:
Which one of you do I figure is doomed to self-destruction?
Which one of you put a hand in when it mattered and helped me save a life?
Which one of you has been beside me all along, and has seen everything I've seen?

Hx Answers for Kitty:
(Abalon):
Barrett: He had pulled his weight before to help and I believe he'd do it again. 
Clutch: I believe you are doomed to self-destruction.
Dolly: I have slept in your presence, knowingly

I imagine with the long-term nature of their connection, it's very likely that Kitty has slept in Dolly's presence, knowingly.

Unless her unusually optimistic nature would be something to distrust for Clutch, I imagine he feels she is trustworthy. Medical code of ethics and discretion or something? Lol

Edited by Fletcher (see edit history)

Ok, the questions are:

• Which one of you has slept in my presence (knowingly or un-)? - Kitty
  • Which one of you have I been watching carefully for some time, in secret? - Barrett
  • Which one of you quite evidently dislikes and distrusts me? - Clutch

Other Players Hx

• (Abalon)
  • Barrett - I once left you bleeding, and did nothing for you.  I have been watching you carefully for some time, in secret.
  • Kitty - I have been beside you all along, and have seen everything you have seen.  You have knowingly slept in my presence.
  • Clutch - you cannot trust me.  You quit evidently dislike and distrust me.

I think it would be great if Dolly has been beside Kitty all along, and has seen everything she has seen.  I like the idea of the two of them being friends, in a mismatched friendship sort of way.  Almost like when Kitty sees something really bad, or traumatic, Dolly somehow takes some of that trauma away into herself, so Kitty can stay innocent and optimistic.  If that would work for you.

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)

So the Battlebabe's Hx is a little different. I have only one question that everyone should answer.

Can I trust you?

Other Players

• (Abalon)
  • Barrett
  • Kitty
  • Clutch

@Fletcher How about Clutch is doomed to self-destruction? He basically has self-destruction written all over him, as BBs are great at getting into trouble but not as good at fighting their way out. No doubt he has come to Kitty to patch up bullet holes, knife wounds and a myriad of stds, only to dive right back into whatever type of situation got him in trouble last time. He just can't help it, ya know?

@KingGoblin Not to lead your answer to my own question, but I think Clutch evidently dislikes and distrusts Dolly. He has a trash Weird score and a real problem with things he can't understand (and thus manipulate). Dolly is a wildcard to him and he has made no effort to hide the fact that he doesn't trust what she can do. Weird Brainer mind-puppetry is like eldritch God lite to him so he always has an eye on her when she is around, and a weapon close at hand.

@Mizukami I like the idea that Barret and Clutch have a history for the 'which one of you betrayed or stole from me' option. Since they both work(ed) in mercenary circles, it could be that Clutch cut him out of a deal at some point. Maybe that's why Clutch is around right now. Trying to square the debt.

Edited by DoNotFearToTread (see edit history)

So for myself, my questions are: 

Which one of you once left me bleeding, and did nothing for me? For that character, write Hx-2.

Which one of you has been with me since before? For that character, write Hx+2.

Which one of you has betrayed or stolen from me? For that character, write Hx+3.

@Fletcher I like the idea of Barret having put a hand in when it mattered most. The first thought I had was that Barret had given freely of his own resources to Kitty / her clinic when she was trying to help a complete stranger. If you have something else in mind or want to change things, I am okay with that too.

@KingGoblin  That leaves Dolly having watched Barret for some time. Do you have any thoughts as to why? As for Barret his personal feeling on her would be that while she is definitely weird, as long as she didn't do anything too dangerous he wouldn't mind having her around. And, just maybe, having a stable place to call home might make her even slightly less weird.

@DoNotFearToTread Lastly, I would say that Clutch couldn't trust Barret. Since he isn't one to put down roots, it seems like he is fairly new to either the area or the hold specifically. While Barret can appreciate having an extra skilled gun around, if it came down to a choice between either Clutch or his people, I feel like both parties know exactly how that coin would land.  

Edited by Mizukami (see edit history)