Edit History

Wizard of the Coat

Wizard of the Coat

Mags Kategaris - Itinerant Hedge Wizard Mags_token_200.png.d3596c7994956f551d31c29deaf69122.png

AC: 14 (17with Mage Armor)  | HP: 30/30 | Initiative: +4Oracular Insight (I'll often use this for important initiative checks)
"The gods give you flashes of insight that help you bring your efforts to fruition. When you make an ability check, you can roll a d10 and add the number rolled to the check. You can wait until after you roll the d20 before deciding to add the d10, but you must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest."
Passive Perception: 17 | Spell Slots 0/2 (1st)

"Dae and Mags, I owe you a meal for you letting Valyv take yours.  Least I can do and I'm not taking no for an answer, I pay my debts, and my dog's."

It took an act of will, and his hedge wizard face, but Mags caught Billie's eye and accepted her offer with a polite nod of gratitude. He found it easier to meet her gaze if he thought of her as that girl who fought in the streets. 

Mags listened to Deypho's answers deep in thought. One answer in particular prompted him to speak up. 

"When the Shadowy One's army appeared?" he quoted. "Do you mean appeared on the map or do you refer to some real-world event?"

Mags approached the triton priestess and the sliver of metal. "So, how is this item supposed to help us?"

In view of Deypho and the others, he produced the small jewelry box, placing it on the table to inspect it more closely. He also produced his needle-nosed pliers, which he placed on the table next to the box and sliver. His efforts seemed to suggest that any of the others were free to join in his investigation. 

Later, during an appropriate pause in the conversation, Mags showed Deypho the signet ring he'd found among the orc's remains. "The leaders of the chained ones wore these. Do you recognize the sign?" 

RP Continuity Notes

1. Thought I'd responded to Billie earlier offer, but my post must have been eaten by MW. Given the value Mags places on being polite, and possibly his fear of offending Billie, I thought it was worth it to throw in his reaction--which I kept to a minimum so that it would not require a response from Billie. 

2. Not sure if Dae will accept Mags' invitation to help him examine the note, so I left it "open." Ariel, if Dae does not accept Mags invitation, feel free to assume that Mags passes the note to her via the invisible hand--to avoid more giggles from Lu and Billie. 

Mechanics

Main Hand: 

Off Hand: 

Bonus Action: 

Action: Investigation (or Arcana check) to examine the box. My note on the die roll is incorrect: Mags' bonus to Investigation and Arcana are the same. So no extra +2 if Arcana

Free Action(?): 

Note 1: Current spells active: Mage Armor, Mage Hand.  

RP Continuity Notes

1. Thought I'd responded to Billie earlier offer, but my post must have been eaten by MW. Given the value Mags places on being polite, and possibly his fear of offending Billie, I thought it was worth it to throw in his reaction--which I kept to a minimum so that it would not require a response from Billie. 

2. Not sure if Dae will accept Mags' invitation to help him examine the note, so I left it "open." Ariel, if Dae does not accept Mags invitation, feel free to assume that Mags passes the note to her via the invisible hand--to avoid more giggles from Lu and Billie. 

Wizard of the Coat

Wizard of the Coat

Mags Kategaris - Itinerant Hedge Wizard Mags_token_200.png.d3596c7994956f551d31c29deaf69122.png

AC: 14 (17with Mage Armor)  | HP: 30/30 | Initiative: +4Oracular Insight (I'll often use this for important initiative checks)
"The gods give you flashes of insight that help you bring your efforts to fruition. When you make an ability check, you can roll a d10 and add the number rolled to the check. You can wait until after you roll the d20 before deciding to add the d10, but you must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest."

"Dae and Mags, I owe you a meal for you letting Valyv take yours.  Least I can do and I'm not taking no for an answer, I pay my debts, and my dog's."

It took an act of will, and his hedge wizard face, but Mags caught Billie's eye and accepted her offer with a polite nod of gratitude. He found it easier to meet her gaze if he thought of her as that girl who fought in the streets. 

Mags listened to Deypho's answers deep in thought. One answer in particular prompted him to speak up. 

"When the Shadowy One's army appeared?" he quoted. "Do you mean appeared on the map or do you refer to some real-world event?"

Mags approached the triton priestess and the sliver of metal. "So, how is this item supposed to help us?"

In view of Deypho and the others, he produced the small jewelry box, placing it on the table to inspect it more closely. He also produced his needle-nosed pliers, which he placed on the table next to the box and sliver. His efforts seemed to suggest that any of the others were free to join in his investigation. 

Later, during an appropriate pause in the conversation, Mags showed Deypho the signet ring he'd found among the orc's remains. "The leaders of the chained ones wore these. Do you recognize the sign?" 

RP Continuity Notes

Mechanics

Main Hand: 

Off Hand: 

Bonus Action: 

Action: 

Free Action(?): 

RP Continuity Notes

Wizard of the Coat

Wizard of the Coat

In view of Deypho and the others, he produced the small jewelry box, placing it on the table to inspect it more closely. He produced his needle-nosed pliers and placed on the table next to the box and sliver. 

RP Continuity Notes

Mechanics

Main Hand: 

Off Hand: 

Bonus Action: 

Action: 

Free Action(?): 

RP Continuity Notes

Wizard of the Coat

Wizard of the Coat

Mags waited for an appropriate pause in the conversation before approaching the triton priestess and showing her the signet ring he'd found among the orc's remains. "The leaders of the chained ones wore these. Do you recognize the sign?" 

RP Continuity Notes

Mechanics

Main Hand: 

Off Hand: 

Bonus Action: 

Action: 

Free Action(?): 

RP Continuity Notes