Matteo Pellegrin - Gunmage

Steel Warrior

stuff here

reliah-a-szade-juan-carlos-esteban-de-la-cruz.jpg.40d042a3cbca1404375d2e589f158347.jpg

Name: Matteo Pellegrin

Class: Gunslinger

Type: Android

Alignment: Lawful Neural
Deity: Casandalee

Role:  Ranged Spellslinger

Personality

Matteo is quick witted, but has a dry sense of humor. Average when it comes to common sense, but knows enough to keep himself out of trouble. Although he always get the social queues between men and women, he finds it fascinating to see the interaction of all the students since his arrival.

Description

H

Backstory

Matteo has had awareness of the previous souls before him, having a residual fondness for the arcane and gunplay he has decided to incorporate it into his current mindset. Giving thanks to the Goddess Casandalee for guiding his people in the harsh lands of Numeria, he was able to survive and thrive. Matteo was invited at an early age to study at the Magaambya Academy and was gifted with his first firearm that he has studied forwards and backwards in order to keep it maintained.

Still adapting to the comforts of the academy, Matteo has difficulty interacting with others, perhaps a character flaw, or defect his kind have when it comes to social status. Fortunately here in the academy, he doesn't stand out as this is the crockpot of many races and cultures. He found a place that he feels at home.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

Nethys has the Way of the Spellshot

It's not listed in the pathbuilder but I intend to use it.

Unknown AdventurerGunslinger 1

N
Medium
Android
Artisan Android
Humanoid
Perception +6; Low-Light Vision
Languages None selected
Skills Acrobatics +7, Arcana +6, Athletics +1, Crafting +6, Lore: Engineering +6, Occultism +6, Religion +4, Stealth +7, Thievery +7
Str +1, Dex +4, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +1, Cha -1
Items Unarmored
AC 17; Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +4
HP 17

Speed 25 feet
Additional Feats Alchemical Crafting, Artisan Android, Internal Compartment, Munitions Crafter, Specialty Crafting

Additional Specials: Constructed (Android)Your synthetic body resists ailments better than those of purely biological organisms. You gain a +1 circumstance bonus to saving throws against diseases, poisons, and radiation., Emotionally UnawareYou find it difficult to understand and express complex emotions. You take a –1 circumstance penalty to Diplomacy and Performance checks, and on Perception checks to Sense Motive., Gunslinger's Way: SpellshotYou've learned the intricacies of magic and technology, blending the two together with deadly results. You combine a knowledge of arcane theories with a strong connection to your chosen weapon that allows you to manifest unique effects, though your knowledge doesn't extend as far as actual spellcasting. You can imbue energy into your weapon and conjure bullets from thin air. As you progress, you eventually learn to phase bullets through walls or even to teleport yourself along the path of your bullets.Infused Reagents (Archetype)You infuse reagents with your own alchemical essence, allowing you to create alchemical items at no cost. Each day during your daily preparations, you gain a number of batches of infused reagents equal to your level. You can use these reagents for either advanced alchemy or Quick Alchemy, described below. Together, these infused reagents have light Bulk.

As soon as you make your next daily preparations, your infused reagents from the previous day’s preparations are instantly destroyed, and nonpermanent effects of your previous day’s infused items immediately end. While infused reagents are physical objects, they can’t be duplicated, preserved, or created in any way other than your daily preparations. Any such artificial reagents lack the infusion and are useless for advanced alchemy or Quick Alchemy.

Way of the Spellshot requires that you take the Spellshot Dedication archetype as your class feat at second level. I think that Pathbuilder probably goes into some sort of recursion error as this is the other way round to how it should work.

On 3/21/2023 at 12:40 PM, hoverfrog said:

Way of the Spellshot requires that you take the Spellshot Dedication archetype as your class feat at second level. I think that Pathbuilder probably goes into some sort of recursion error as this is the other way round to how it should work.

Will the Spellshot Dedication Archetype interfere with the Wizard or Druid one?

10 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

Will the Spellshot Dedication Archetype interfere with the Wizard or Druid one?

You get a free archetype but you could take a dedication feat at second level too but only because the Wizard and Druid free archetypes in this AP aren't subject to the normal prerequisites. Ordinarily "You can’t select another dedication feat until you have gained two other feats from the archetype."

3 hours ago, hoverfrog said:

You get a free archetype but you could take a dedication feat at second level too but only because the Wizard and Druid free archetypes in this AP aren't subject to the normal prerequisites. Ordinarily "You can’t select another dedication feat until you have gained two other feats from the archetype."

Thanks for the answers, I have been very busy IRL that I have not picked up on the differences from PF1 to PF2. I am bothered by the fact that I haven't been able ot really sit down and take a good look on the mechanics for my choice. I like the fact that I took the Android Internal Compartment, where my pistol will be housed 😉

I was trying to make a valid way for my character based out of Numeria made his way here, I left it rather bland, and the way I see how androids work is after one soul dies of old age, a new soul takes it's place in the android, so I wanted to fluff it as the previous me's were a wizard and a gunslinger in their previous souls. Ghost in the machine 😛

• 2 weeks later...