Act 2, Part 1: Trouble at Oleg's

Kavonde

Antonia.png.1c894b2d47bceebd582721c66eea058b.png Antonia Rullianus

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | health-normal.svgHP: 30/30 | awareness.svgPer: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 | Hero: 2/3 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

Panache:  | Conditions: None

Antonia nods to the Judge, her signature wry smile growing on her lips. The stark contrast to her usual coating of makeup surprisingly makes the woman's skin tone appear more olive than usual. Furthermore, without the powder and creams to cover them, the tiny, hairline markings of old wounds across her face and neck are much more visible. "An astute assessment, Judge. I hope you are right." She peers back confidently to their new prisoner and prods at him with her rapier, clearly not trying to skewer him but merely urge him to be quicker with his responses. "How many more of your ex-friends are hanging out in that camp ahead -- and, by the gods, I'm going to be counting as I kill them so you best be accurate, lest I return feeling...cheated. No one has ever cheated me. Not a one in all of Golarion." She pauses and her lips pucker in thought. "Or I suppose -- between you and I -- not a one of them is alive to brag about it, at least."

Mechanics

Action 1 -

Action 2 -

Action 3 -

The bandit gives Antonia a confused look. "In what camp ahead?" he asks. "There's just the one camp. And everyone's dead but me now. Unless you mean the Stag Lord's fort? 'Cause I got no idea 'bout that. Bruce over there," he indicates the dead archer lying at the base of the eastern lookout platform, "used to ride with the boss lady to deliver shipments. I never been. But she said the Stag Lord has a whole army! Growin' every day! An' it was just a matter of time until he sent some boys to build us a proper base out here. I bet it woulda had parapets. Dunno what those are, but castles got 'em."

y0rRwhX.png

Thomas of Nowhere | checked-shield.svgAC: 18 | health-normal.svg HP: 30/30 | awareness.svg Per: +5 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | FP: 2

Æthelflæd | checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +8 | Will: +6

Thomas attends to Sija, helping as needed--holding things, mostly--with sympathetic winces. "Luiked awfy rough up there, Mam. Be sure tae mind me manners 'round ye, I will."

Æthelflæd lets out a soft sound of unutterable yearning at the mention of parapets and castles. Thomas, too, perks his ears up a bit.

"An' where's he get men an' gold fer an army an' parapets, then? Sae mony rich folk dwellin' out here that ye can plunder them again and again?"

OOC/mechanics

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Sija Bhatyani - Half-Elf Ranger 2

HP: 27/32 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 | Focus: 1/1

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +7 | Will: +6 

Conditions| Resources | Abilities | Skills

Finishing up her healing, Sija starts to drag the dead into a pile, searching them thoroughly. She doesn't interject herself in the conversation, knowing the others are better suited to that, instead focusing on gathering sticks and kindling for a pyre.

She finishes the task, but waits to light it. She then begins to search the camp, looking for clues that might help locate the Stag Lord's 'castle'. Or for anything that might help fund their endeavor.

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Action 1: Search bodies

Action 2: Search camp

Action 3: 

Reaction:

Free: 

Exploration Activity: 

Feats

-Elf Atavism (Darkvision)

-Monster Hunter

-Battle Medicine

-Natural Medicine

-Herbalist Dedication

--Advanced Alchemy

--Alchemical Crafting

-Twin Takedown

-Gravity Weapon

Appearance

Sija looks like a typical Vudran woman, often dressing in the more traditional fabric wrap of her homeland and often a headscarf or shawl. She often wears some form of ornamentation or jewelry on hands, ears, neck, and brow. She is older than most, though as a half-elf she wears her six decades with dignity and grace, with few signs of the decrepitude often seen in similarly aged humans. She is tall, and stands with a straight back and good posture. Her arm is strong and well-corded with sinew and muscle, perhaps appearing a touch wiry, and her skin a bit weathered from years outside. Her hair was once a glossy black, though now it is streaked with gray; more with each passing day.

She can often be found with a cudgel, a wicked-looking curved dagger, and a whip hanging from her belt. She wears these, and warm outer clothes or a cloak to protect her from the elements, when she travels. When expecting trouble she throws a bandolier on that's filled with flasks of healing ointments and poultices.

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Breastplate

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Healer's tools

-Bandolier

Weapons

-Club

-Corset Knife

-2x Dandpatta (PC)

-Flyssa

-5x Darts

-Whip

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Climbing Kit

-Rations (2 weeks)

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandoliers

-4x Flasks Oil

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Crowbar

-Flint and Steel

-Soap

-2x Candles

-2gp 4sp 6cp

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)
Name
Searching the bodies
1d20+8 9
Searching the camp
1d20+8 12

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | health-normal.svgHP: 30/30 | awareness.svgPer: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 | Hero: 2/3 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

The Brevoy Fencer narrows her eyes at the bandit and slides a look over towards Thomas, then back to the bandit. "My heavily-accented friend asks a fair question, it's only polite of you to answer him. In fact, why don't you go ahead and tell us everything you know about the Stag Lord. You may not know where he keeps his silly little fort, but you must know something about him we have not already heard. How does he keep his men in line? The spoils of banditry in this realm are surely not enough to finance such a large number of reprobates. Does he hold some special power of influence? Is he extremely handsome? What's the draw, exactly? Or is it merely an excuse to continue banditry, yet under a joined banner of false ideology?" Antonia prods at him once more with her rapier, urging him to respond.

Mechanics

Action 1 -

Action 2 -

Action 3 -

The bandit looks nervously between Thomas and Antonia. "Uh, well... I dunno where he gets his gold. It's not like we receive regular pay out here. S'more we get to keep half our take and send the rest on. As for the Stag Lord himself, well... "

He takes a deep breath, preparing to launch into a lengthy lecture. "You've probably heard a bit, right? They say he's twelve feet tall and has the head of a great stag. Erastil's own son, here to bring an end to the corruption of civilization an' bring true freedom to the world. There's this old temple northwest of here where they say he was born to a human mother and a great elk for a father. Kressle told us she once saw him split a traitor in two, long ways, with a single chop from his bare hand. I think, you know, most people are either right scared of him or true believers, yeah? Or both. 'Cause he has a mission, see. A calling. And it's not like most of us were doin' so hot out here on our own anyway, right? But if the Stag Lord builds his great wild army and leads it against Brevoy or Pitax or wherever, those of us who signed up early will be lords and ladies an' those posh bastards will know what it's like to starve in the streets."

He stops, takes in Antonia's accent and mannerisms despite her mostly-discarded disguise, and adds, "But, like, I'm sure not all them need to starve. Some are prob'ly fine. Prob'ly don't kick a kitchen boy's whole family out because he knocked over some fancy vase. That sort of thing." He gives her a weak little attempted smile.

"Oh!" he adds after a moment. "Also, Stag Lord's big on alcohol. The stronger, the better. Bein' so big an' half-godly and all, takes a lot to get him sloshed, you know? So we set aside all the booze we come across in a little stash over yonder." He indicates a patch of earth south of the camp's bonfire. "As for bein' handsome, well... head of an elk and all. But I hear his member's as big around as his arm!"

Sija and the others searching the camp find a stash hidden beneath a pile of mundane supplies like food, fireworks, and spare tents. Inside, they find a few bags of loose coins totaling 9 gold pieces and 121 silver. They also find a pair of fine silver earrings that they estimate to be worth about 15 gold pieces, a wooden music box which, when wound, plays a magical recording of a sad, mournful song (likely worth 8 gold), three crates of fur and pelts--likely taken from Oleg's trading post or from the trappers who once sold to him--each holding about 5 gold worth of product.

In another crate buried near the campfire, where the surrendered bandit indicated, they find 8 bottles of rather expensive herbal liquor that must have been taken in a recent and successful raid. Each bottle is likely worth 2 gold.

There's no sign of Svetlana's missing wedding ring.

As for the slain bandits themselves, there's nothing much worth salvaging beyond a handful of silver coins (7 in all) and a week's worth of trail rations. Kressle, however, carries an entire brace of hatchets weighted for throwing, though you notice that one of them--the one she was wielding in her main hand--is etched with a magical rune. She also wears a silver pendant shaped like a stag's head, a surprisingly fine piece that might be worth as much as 10 gold pieces; perhaps a gift from the Stag Lord to his "finest killer." She also has a lesser healing potion tucked away in her belt, which she probably should have drank during the fight, and a small purse holding 8 gold and 5 silver pieces.

Finished with her task, and barely resisting the urge to stab this fool and throw his body on the pile, Sija edges closer, blades bared. "What are you asking about Antonia? His 'member'? We're here to go kill the bastard, not look at his cock. Where is this castle? This one is either useful or he's dead, and he doesn't seem that useful." The taunting words of the other bandit still echo in her mind, not soon forgotten. These men were the worst sort of killers, rapists, child murderers... She was not a patient woman, and time wore thin what little she had.

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Action 1: 

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Reaction:

Free: 

Exploration Activity: 

Feats

-Monster Hunter

-Battle Medicine

-Natural Medicine

-Herbalist Dedication

--Advanced Alchemy

--Alchemical Crafting

-Twin Takedown

-Gravity Weapon

Appearance

Sija looks like a typical Vudran woman, often dressing in the more traditional fabric wrap of her homeland and often a headscarf or shawl. She often wears some form of ornamentation or jewelry on hands, ears, neck, and brow. She is older than most, though as a half-elf she wears her six decades with dignity and grace, with few signs of the decrepitude often seen in similarly aged humans. She is tall, and stands with a straight back and good posture. Her arm is strong and well-corded with sinew and muscle, perhaps appearing a touch wiry, and her skin a bit weathered from years outside. Her hair was once a glossy black, though now it is streaked with gray; more with each passing day.

She can often be found with a cudgel, a wicked-looking curved dagger, and a whip hanging from her belt. She wears these, and warm outer clothes or a cloak to protect her from the elements, when she travels. When expecting trouble she throws a bandolier on that's filled with flasks of healing ointments and poultices.

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Breastplate

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Healer's tools

-Bandolier

Weapons

-Club

-Corset Knife

-2x Dandpatta (PC)

-Flyssa

-5x Darts

-Whip

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Climbing Kit

-Rations (2 weeks)

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandoliers

-4x Flasks Oil

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Crowbar

-Flint and Steel

-Soap

-2x Candles

-2gp 4sp 6cp

image.png.5bee56e36745271f76b0d86a3c4f8045.png

Zakon Malheur

HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 | Perception: +7image.png.ee2050fec237379a2949f7b183fe1591.png
Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +9
Hero Points: O | Focus Points: O

Zakon eyes their prisoner, as he considers his response. If he did not know the location of the Stag Lord's stronghold, that did not mean he was useless to them... but it was certainly one sign that they had spared the wrong bandit. Zakon helps the others gather supplies from the camp, keeping careful accounting of what they discovered, even though it seemed much less necessary now that they were not looting an Aldori mansion.

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

Antonia gives Sija an exaggerated expression of exasperation, "But, I didn't even ask this time! He gave the information willingly!" She turns her attention back to the bandit and looks him over with incredulity, "His arm, hmm? If I had a silver piece for every time a man claims such a size without evidence, I wouldn't have to be out here in this overgrown wasteland. It's also hardly believable that the man is born of Erastil, or even working beneath his purview. Erastil and bandits do not often see eye-to-eye. It has something to do with the fact that bandits slaughter and steal from small growing villages, you see? Erastil is not often a fan of such trouble. You really shouldn't believe everything you hear, it's bound to get you killed."

The fencer sheathes her rapier and shrugs off-handedly. "Perhaps sooner, rather than later." With that, she turns her back to the prisoner and looks between the Judge, Thomas, and then finally Sija. "Do what you will with him, I have no interest in slaughtering an unarmed man...At least not at this moment. You'll receive no judgement from me if you choose to do so. I need to fix my makeup." And so she does. She gathers her makeup kit from her stored bag and begins the transformation of her features once more, humming softly to herself. At some point through the process she stops and points towards the pile of loot, "Judge, have you recorded everything we've gathered? I think I might take a few lovely toys for myself this time."

Mechanics

Action 1 -

Action 2 -

Action 3 -

Zakon Malheur

HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 | Perception: +7image.png.ee2050fec237379a2949f7b183fe1591.png

Zakon looks up from his tablet, nods at Antonia, and then gestures towards the supplies with his quill before returning to whatever task his mind was on at the time. He appreciates that she took a moment to confirm that their ledgers were up to date, before she helped herself to treasure. The supplies would likely do more to help their mission in her hands, than his own, but with accurate records, their companions can ensure that they are fairly compensated as well.

"Unarmed? A devious mind and a pair of hands are weapons enough for most men." She turns to the prisoner, "You. Dead man. How many children have you murder and women have you raped? Or the other way round. If you lie to me I'll stab you in the gut so it takes hours."

OOC/Actions

Other: Sense Motives

Action 1: 

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Reaction:

Free: 

Exploration Activity: 

Feats

-Monster Hunter

-Battle Medicine

-Natural Medicine

-Herbalist Dedication

--Advanced Alchemy

--Alchemical Crafting

-Twin Takedown

-Gravity Weapon

Appearance

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Breastplate

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Healer's tools

-Bandolier

Weapons

-Club

-Corset Knife

-2x Dandpatta (PC)

-Flyssa

-5x Darts

-Whip

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Climbing Kit

-Rations (2 weeks)

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandoliers

-4x Flasks Oil

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Crowbar

-Flint and Steel

-Soap

-2x Candles

-2gp 4sp 6cp

Name
Percept to detect a lie
1d20+8 3

The bandit's expression briefly becomes hopeful as Sija asks her question, and he raises a finger and opens his mouth to say something when she clarifies that a reversed list would also be applicable. His teeth click together as his jaw shuts abruptly. "I, er, don't gotta answer if it's incriminizing, yeah?"

Zakon Malheur

"No, it is not compulsory to answer. Nor would it be, even if you were on trial." Zakon sighs, "... but I think we both know what she's going to do, if you exercise your right to silence." Perhaps this young man was not as bright as Zakon initially gave him credit for.

"This might be an excellent time to choose your next words with great care and redirect the topic of the conversation back to 'the general direction of the Stag Lord's stronghold'."

Edited by BlackHat (see edit history)