Character Sheet

8-lB98MuwA2wsGOqe.png

Name: Tik

Race: Ratfolk

Class: Rogue

Archetype: None

Multiclassing: Standard

Appearance

Tik is diminutive even for a ratfolk, standing just under 3 1/2 feet tall at his full height.  If, that is, he ever stood up straight, which happens seldom.  Perpetually hunched over in a subconscious effort to make himself less noticeable, Tik seems to exist in a perpetual state of anxiety, whiskers quivering nervously and his eyes always scanning for potential threats and escape routes.  Despite popular conceptions of ratfolk as being filthy, unwashed vermin, however, Tik does make a conscious effort to keep himself and his meager possessions clean and well-groomed.

Personality

Timid and unassuming, Tik (pronounced teek) strives to avoid notice as much as possible, especially among "big folk" (i.e. anyone not of his own people).  Given the opportunity, he'd much rather spend his time in confined areas, finding comfort in the safety of tight quarters and narrow passages.  Open areas tend to put him on edge, and Tik inexorably gravitates to the darkest corners available in such situations.  

Those who do manage to overcome Tik's natural reticence discover that the little ratfolk, while still very much inclined to run rather than fight, is a kindly and thoughtful companion, surprisingly well-spoken and friendly to those he trusts enough to relax and be comfortable around.  If pressed and unable to flee, Tik fights like a cornered... well, you know; with a shocking degree of nastiness for such a timorous creature, gouging eyes, striking groins, and otherwise ignoring any concepts of a "fair fight".

The Dream

Smoke.  Thick, dark, clouds of smoke, filling the air of the narrow tunnel, casting a gloomy pall that even Tik's keen eyes couldn't penetrate.  He crouched down, whiskers brushing the rough stone floor, crawling on his belly to keep from breathing in the billowing miasma above him.  Shouts, screams, and the roaring crackle of flames echoed all through the crisscrossing passages.  Tik squeezed his eyes shut tightly, fighting to slow his breathing, wishing with all his heart for the terror and the noise and smoke to just... go away.  "Leave me alone", he found himself whispering hoarsely, the words quavering with his fear, "please... just let me be..."

A new sound interrupted his plea, a sound that all underground dwellers knew and feared - stones groaning, creaking, dust and dirt and small stones raining down from the smoke-shrouded ceiling.  Collapse! Tik thought wildly, and in a moment he was up and moving, scurrying on all fours as quickly as his legs could carry him.  Behind him came a loud crack, deafening in the narrow confines, followed by a rumble like an avalanche as the tunnel began to cave in.  The ratfolk ran in a blind panic, gasping for air, fleeing the darkness closing in behind him...

Tik awoke with a terrified squeak, quickly and instinctively stifled, and looked around in the darkened room.  All around him, the still and (mostly) silent forms of the big folk he'd wound up here with slumbered peacefully.  Tik sighed, rubbing his eyes, and burrowed back into his bedding in a vain search for a modicum of concealment, hoping his rest wouldn't be further troubled by nightmares.

Edited by Luthiel (see edit history)

Greetings.  I wasn't sure where you stood on your app status, so I didn't want to say anything to make you feel rushed, but I just looked over your application about an hour ago.  Everything looks great.  The only thing I noticed was that you may not have chosen your Background Skills yet... Or applied your Favored Class Bonus, unless it is the Ratfolk-specific bonus to Escape Artist.  Just let me know. 

FYI.  If you plan on having a different favored class, other than Rogue, you can still apply a +1 Skill Point or Hit Point at first level. 

I'm going to apply a "ready for review" tag to your app.  You can continue making adjustments, just let me know if anything major changes in the coming weeks.