General OOC Thread

Whitleyrr

For clarity’s sake: the two guards with the horrific wounds outside of the jail are the two men you all spoke with the night before: the captain’s own men. They did not kill each other but were torn up by something.

The guards who are dead *inside* the jail are the ones that were reported to have killed each other.

So there are 4 dead, not just 2? Oh dear - that's a massacre. 😢

so @PureChance@Peacemonger Were you both okay with sticking around near the jail so Cordelia can join the group or has the group left for the graveyard before her arrival? Whatever the answer is, posts will have to be updated for it all to make sense 😅

Sure, way I see it it slightly depends how quickly Cordelia travels. I'm happy for her to have caught up if we'd prefer that (,and it certainly seems easier for our DM to have one group as well)

Perhaps she arrives just as they have turned to leave, explaining why two of the party didn't talk to her, only the Alert one noticed.

Thanks for clarifying about the guards, I wasn't sure either, but did think the injuries you described were not from killing each other...

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

I’m fine with Cordelia having caught up - no worries.

And yes: 4 dead, two town’s guards and two of the captain’s personal soldiers. The captain’s men died of the grievous and horrific wounds; the town guardsman inside were the ones reported to have killed each other.

Dalin could be convinced to split too... but she wouldn't be looking for a fight, just looking to see where he went. Thinking though... I'm not sure Alban + Dalin to the graveyard would be the best idea.

P.S. Is it odd how the barbarian is the one who doesn't want to fight? :D

Cordelia can be swayed either way, she will listen to her allies in this situation. Though, she is particularly looking to Alban for direction. Not that she doesn't value the women's opinions!! But she holds his opinion in high regard with his status as a Lord (it also helps that she finds him cute). So, while she has an appointment with Lady Ittia planned and feels compassion for her, it is more of a social affair. So this new, crucial development is important enough for her to postpone that for a later time. You know, when there isn't a dead raising killer on the loose. :P

On a side note, I feel that the shift in Cordelia's demeanor may seem sudden, yes she generally avoids danger, runs from it even - until the adrenaline of anger outweighs the fear. She's basically in mama bear mode, for lack of a better way to describe it lol.