General OOC Thread

Whitleyrr

3 hours ago, Whitleyrr said:

I look forward to seeing what you all do - if you're heading to the graveyard to lay a trap or ambush, someone write that up as a post and we'll progress.

I'm curious too! Shall we have a moment to discuss once the characters are alone? Feel free to post something up, PureChance, I don't want to leave the current conversation before folks are ready. :)

Edited by ariel (see edit history)

For my part, once Donati has answered Cordelia's question, she'll be ready to leave with everyone else. Although, I suppose it will depend on what his response is! I'd be down to discuss what to do next, though I have an inkling that we'll be heading to the graveyard next ;) Just a matter of deciding if we want to set a trap as proposed by Alban.

You're welcome!

This is good plotting and planning. In your in-game posts, please make sure it's clear what actions the group is actually taking. (Right now, I'm planning posts based on the assumption that you'll be posting watch in the graveyard over night, so if that's not gonna be the case, let me know.)

Hard to be sure until we're done plotting, but it seems like that's where we are headed... :) Given we have a few hours before darkness - Dalin might take a walk to the edge of the woods in the direction where Ittia was taken... just to see if she can see any evidence of passage.

Question... where is the graveyard situated in town? It seems to back onto some woods? If so... might be worth scouting that area a little bit too.

The graveyard is up the hill from the center of town (behind the chapel, though not immediately, maybe a ten minute walk), in the northeast corner. It does back up to some woods that divide it from residential areas. Further to east is open country and rolling hills. Northwest of the graveyard are the fancier areas of town (where Ittia lives). Directly west and southwest of the graveyard are the more plebeian residences. The main square is on the south side of town and that's the majority of shops, businesses, and other buildings are.

Ok, thanks! I'm fine with fast-forwarding to when people are on watch in the graveyard... hidden as best they can. I don't want to hold things up just because I'm a terrible procrastinator. :D

If we fast-forward, perhaps we can say that Dalin has at least scouted the woods backing onto the graveyard and perhaps chatted up some animals in there to see if any have seen ghoul-like creatures are nesting there... or have any humanoids been seen passing through at night... and/or have they smelled anything strongly death-like in the area today?

I've been waiting somewhat for anyone else to chime in on the plan, don't want to railroad everyone down this idea , but if there's no other concerns or contributions he'll ask dalin to mock up the natural stuff and add an illusion over the top.

I realise that's all rather passive, but I also think we're in a situation where a trap makes sense - good bait and no idea where our quarry is.

Hopefully we'll catch something either way.