General OOC Thread

Whitleyrr

Great post @Whitleyrr. Just to make sure we know our options:

• Can we run around the fight and go direct to the portal, or do we need to fight the devils directly to make it?
  • Even if we can go around, it appears that the town will be lost if we don't lend our weight to the main battle?

Thanks, Peace. Once the infernal legions clear the portal, no one will notice your group slipping around. The portal remains open. Vadim is out of sight. As to your second point, lending your might to this fight would be like pushing back the tide with your hands. I know it’s been a bit broken up in “real life” time (apologies) but this is meant to represent a difficult emotional choice for the characters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like tbgg dropped their other games, so likely this one too. If that's the case will Rin be NPCed or should we act as if she got separated and didn't make it into the portal?

Given last time we saw her she had summoned a flock of holy spirits and waded into battle, to me it makes most sense that she just stayed with the village defence force instead of coming through the portal with us. Gods know they need a little miracle to survive.

Although they did visit within the last 24hrs so maybe just a busy time? since in the Rime of Frostmaiden they (also) let people know they were withdrawing. Would be good to know either way @tbgg

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

Just to clarify... we've been following, more or less, the trail of the passing army? Does it somehow directly come from the house, or did it kind of peeter out to a more focused trail of a single person (or few persons)? Or... is it a kind of blurry magic going on and it would hard for Dalin to say?

Excellent question. I'd somewhat imagined some lovecraftian perspective trick, where an army wide trail somehow perfectly fits into a pair of double doors. Though I guess it could be a mundanely large pair of double doors that the devils just marched two abreast out of - there were 10s, rather than hundreds, at hethton right?

On 5/9/2024 at 5:25 AM, PureChance said:

Excellent question. I'd somewhat imagined some lovecraftian perspective trick, where an army wide trail somehow perfectly fits into a pair of double doors. Though I guess it could be a mundanely large pair of double doors that the devils just marched two abreast out of - there were 10s, rather than hundreds, at hethton right?

Closer to hundreds. But you’re right on with the mind trick. How much of this is as it seems.

On 5/10/2024 at 11:56 AM, PureChance said:

I've a suddenly even more hectic week coming up next week, so probably won't be able to make any proper IC posts till Tuesday 21st - sorry. I may be able to squeeze a short one in but don't count on it.

No worries, I’m in the same boat after some travel last week and catch up this week!

11 hours ago, ariel said:

Another quick question... I assume we've been in here more than 8 hours, so Ren's "Aid" spell is done?

Yes, now you’re there “overnight”.