OOC

Michael

On 11/27/2023 at 10:13 PM, Grand Poobah said:

She speaks to the group of Fiends via Telepathy

Had a thought on the plane yesterday. How would this have gone when we were first level?

Nizell pops out of her egg and glares around.

Do we know if telepathy is working on someone? I mean, other than they reply.

I am just imagining Nizell zooming around in anger, glaring at us one at a time, having this conversational monologue in her head while the rest of us wonder if she has gone stir crazy.

14 hours ago, TheFred said:

Don't worry about that - Molgrug doesn't mind whether it's a topic of interest for you or not!

Perhaps reverse psychology then. Pretending you are interested is the quickest way to shut Molgrug up.

On 11/28/2023 at 10:57 AM, TheFred said:

that discussion of slime moulds

On second thought....

If Molly was interested in debating which slime is best for defoliating your skin for that soft, human, feel....

Or which slime is best for 'Slime Wrestling Night' at the Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts...

Is there a list of languages someplace?

Obviously, we don't get to learn Ebberon ones yet.

But like, is 'Giant' a universal language? Or Abeloth? If Shill learns Orc, can she speak to orcs in Ebberon?

Or should I just hedge my bets and learn Planar Languages like Sigil-Speak or Aquan?

13 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

Is there a list of languages someplace?

Obviously, we don't get to learn Ebberon ones yet.

But like, is 'Giant' a universal language? Or Abeloth? If Shill learns Orc, can she speak to orcs in Ebberon?

Or should I just hedge my bets and learn Planar Languages like Sigil-Speak or Aquan?

The languages will cross match by and large, so common, dwarven, infernal etc are the same. Eberron has some country specific languages you wont know.

On 11/30/2023 at 11:06 AM, Roughtrade said:

"Good work, soldier. Maybe I could arrange a private meeting to welcome you properly later on. Bring gifts...." She giggles. "...and maybe a friend."

Was there a reaction to this? Scared? Intrigued? Repulsed?

Knowing how the 'rank and file' members of this cult react to us might be helpful in knowing how to approach things.

To be fair to Molgrug, I am fairly certain the 'chiding' was evident in his tone of voice as well.

I posted mostly to establish the name because you were right, we should give them something to call us other than "Winged Demon" or "Snake Demon" or "Furry Demon"

@W0LF and everyone, remember you are new to this world, so "knowledge local". is not going to be of much use to you. However, there's no gotcha's in race descriptions. If I say "hobgoblin" or "gnoll" then they will be the same creratures as you were aware of in your previous dimension.

Having said that, I do encourage people to toss skill rolls into posts that are relevant to the situation.