OOC

Michael

On 11/6/2023 at 7:35 AM, Michael said:

@W0LF please include some kind of stat block in your posts, can be fancy like Polyphemus or simple like TheFred so long as it covers the basics (hp, ac, saves, conditions etc)

"Simple"? What I'm hearing is that Molgrug needs a longer statblock, with a few brief introductory remarks, a table on contents, and an appropriate number of appendices!

Just checking- Active Players are...

Spellthief -Marilith

Anti-Paladin -Hound Archon? (fallen?)

Archivist (Spellcaster?) -Loth

Swordsage - Imp?

Monk -Dhampir

Cleric -Vrock

Still sorting out my head on this, so I thought I would throw out the question of

-Do all y'all feel there is anything specific the group needs?

-And, would anyone feel offput if I did something like a Marilith Swordsage?

Not really sure what I feel like, maybe a kyton with some Tome of Battle class or trying to make a worthwhile thief. Succubus con-artist? Really just spinning wheels after staying up too late and not having coffee yet. But these are the things stuck in my head at the moment so I thought I would throw it out there while I am rudderless in my current process.

3 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

Spellthief -Marilith

Swordsage - Imp?

Monk -Dhampir

Cleric -Vrock

Still sorting out my head on this, so I thought I would throw out the question of

Well I guess that was for me.

My plan was to get hamper magic and then multiclass or PRC . Swordsage is definitely in the mix for assassin's stance. Having said the above i am up for whatever.

Re what's missing...While we are in battle now we will no doubt spend a lot of time in RP where being able to change into humanoid and CHA and other inter-racial skills may be a hole we need filled. The rest of us can do 1h a day to a single creature. Last game someone had this on tap and it was a handy skill. I think they were a succubus.

Molgrug actually has very excellent social skills; he can regale listeners with a multitude of interesting facts, such as those covered by his brief treatise on moulds of the multiverse. He also knows many entertaining parlour games, such as "guess my favourite clacking noise".

23 minutes ago, TheFred said:

Molgrug actually has very excellent social skills; he can regale listeners with a multitude of interesting facts, such as those covered by his brief treatise on moulds of the multiverse. He also knows many entertaining parlour games, such as "guess my favourite clacking noise".

🤣 Certainly a distraction when we need it

16 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

Spellthief -Marilith

Swordsage - Imp?

Monk -Dhampir

Cleric -Vrock

Not really sure what I feel like, maybe a kyton with some Tome of Battle class or trying to make a worthwhile thief. Succubus con-artist? Really just spinning wheels after staying up too late and not having coffee yet. But these are the things stuck in my head at the moment so I thought I would throw it out there while I am rudderless in my current process.

I'd go with GP's comment, the party is missing a succubus/erinyes face, which usually goes with wizard/sorcerer/beguiler. We had one but they wandered off

Personally I'm in favour of whatever seems most interesting/fun rather than any mechanical gaps, and the party can figure it out.

When I first started a previous version of this game, we did have a Succubus Beguiler. Succubus is obviously very powerful with anything Cha-based, probably Sorcerer, but Bard or Warlock or something would be good too. Honestly Succubus is a pretty strong option full stop I think.

Molgrug is nominal the team's arcanist though Michael's letting me switch Sorcerer casting for Archivist casting which is technically divine (only because I was going to take some Archivist levels anyway).

I don't think there's any need for any more melee brutes but my guess is that it wouldn't hurt to have another; certainly that time it felt as though most encounters had plenty of opportunity for melee brutes to do their thing. A Kyton initiator could be pretty good I think since you do get that sweet 10ft reach (I'd suggest Crusader actually - absorb pain, Kyton-style, and get great lockdown/battlefield control abilities - or some multiclass)... the animate chains ability is a bit light on rules clarity but seems plenty powerful too. I think it's more whether/how you want to RP a Kyton. 🙂

Or maybe, for something totally different, an archer? Something like the Erinyes eventually gets flight which is pretty good for archers... I think we had an arrow demon app, but maybe that's too easy?

Thanks for the input. I have some better ideas. Gestalt is not my strong suite, and neither is 3.0 but I will work it out.

What does anyone know about the Binder class? Ran across it while looking for something I have never tried before.

A demon that binds other evil powers seems like a reasonable choice. The initial offering powers seem pretty small in choices.

Also. Very disappointed that Succubus do not get Diplomacy or Sense Motive as 'class' skills. Seems like it should be.