OOC

Michael

10 hours ago, Michael said:

You can have 500gp worth of stuff at regular prices. Anyone that thinks their character was paying some kind of attention please include a sense motive in your next post.

Is this only weapons and armor?

Is this only mundane items?

I'd be willing to give up 100gold to get a Cure Light Wounds wand for Kerapis.

Shill would also like to have nicer clothes.

13 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

Is this only weapons and armor?

Is this only mundane items?

I'd be willing to give up 100gold to get a Cure Light Wounds wand for Kerapis.

Shill would also like to have nicer clothes.

Magic is fine too, what ever fits the limit. You can pool if you like

12 hours ago, Grand Poobah said:

I can only use 2 arms to attack at this time. Can I hold a shield and hold spare weapons in the other arms (different solutions for different occasions)?

Carry as much as you like, I'd even think it reasonable you could choose which to attack with in any given round.

10 hours ago, TheFred said:

Can I get a prayerbook at least? 🙂

Yep. As per standard scroll rules a 1st level; spell costs 12.5 gp, 2nd level 25. I realise spells in a book aint scrolls but the spend seems reasonable

I can cast CLW but only 2 spells.

Once I get some mortal skins I can also make storage (scrolls) and a weaker version of a wand (between a scroll and a wand). Once I get to 4th I can take any spell from the team (or others) and convert to a cure spell (spellthief).

So ...Alternatively.. we could just get some CLW scrolls for now.

It's a strange thing. Shill would certainly not want to give up stuff freely, but as a Player I am for keeping our strengths up. We have been granted effectively complete healing so long as we survive a battle. I am likely concerned over nothing. On the Gripping Hand, other than a chain shirt, Shill doesn't need anything. Eldritch Blast is better than any knife or sword. If someone gets close, she has claws. Before I blow 400 gold on pretty dress and some jewelry, I figure contribution to our cause might be a better use of resources.

Addendum

Hold on. Just ran across a thing. If it's approved then I have used my allowance all on one item.

I’ll probably have a fair chunk of my gold that wouldn’t be used for other things, so I can buy some CLW scrolls or a wand if other people end up having money burning a hole in their pocket.

Maybe not so essential with our out of combat healing, but could be nice to at least have some additional healing in the back pocket until the skin shenanigans can supplement us.

12 hours ago, W0LF said:

Can Creed find a Garrotte Ring? Dragon Compendium pg112

My "no" to classes and races from the dragon mag archive extends to everything else in the dragon mag archive, and whilst I spent 5 unsuccessful minutes trying to find this item online I did find a comment saying it required the grappling rules to be rewritten.

If you can create the item using standard 3.5 item creation rules then that is fine.

On 12/6/2023 at 9:47 AM, Michael said:

Yep. As per standard scroll rules a 1st level; spell costs 12.5 gp, 2nd level 25. I realise spells in a book aint scrolls but the spend seems reasonable

Not 25gp for L1, 150gp for L2?

A blank spellbook costs 15gp. I don't think it actually says for a prayerbook specifically but I assume it's the same. You normally start with one for free. Also I should get a spell component pouch I guess.

Adding spells to a book costs 100gp per page (1 page per level, minimum 1). That's normally on top of either the cost of a scroll or a fee/trade to another Wizard Archivists.

Happy to pay all the costs as if I'd copied them though hopefully not for the spells that I already started with? Oh also I get two free spells on level-up which hopefully I can just add now.

Also there is the perennial Archivist question for DMs, which is what spells are appropriate? Archivists can learn any divine spells (from scrolls, Cleric spells only on level-up) which includes not only Druid spells or domain spells but also spells from obscure spell lists, often at a lower level... but that gets a bit cheesy. Personally I'm of the belief that hunting down obscure knowledge is exactly what Archivists do, it's kind of the point of them, but I wouldn't necessarily expect to be able to rock up to a magic shop and just buy a Trapsmith scroll or a Divine Bard scroll for cheap.

6 minutes ago, TheFred said:

a Wand of CLW is normally a worthwhile investment

I usually badger a group into chipping in for one

But I found a personal bit of cheese that I really wanted and it is going to take my full allowance.

If I want a pewter mug, I'm going to need to borrow money.

6 hours ago, TheFred said:

Not 25gp for L1, 150gp for L2?

A blank spellbook costs 15gp. I don't think it actually says for a prayerbook specifically but I assume it's the same. You normally start with one for free. Also I should get a spell component pouch I guess.

Adding spells to a book costs 100gp per page (1 page per level, minimum 1). That's normally on top of either the cost of a scroll or a fee/trade to another Wizard Archivists.

Happy to pay all the costs as if I'd copied them though hopefully not for the spells that I already started with? Oh also I get two free spells on level-up which hopefully I can just add now.

Also there is the perennial Archivist question for DMs, which is what spells are appropriate? Archivists can learn any divine spells (from scrolls, Cleric spells only on level-up) which includes not only Druid spells or domain spells but also spells from obscure spell lists, often at a lower level... but that gets a bit cheesy. Personally I'm of the belief that hunting down obscure knowledge is exactly what Archivists do, it's kind of the point of them, but I wouldn't necessarily expect to be able to rock up to a magic shop and just buy a Trapsmith scroll or a Divine Bard scroll for cheap.

Dammit, was looking at the wrong rule section previously.

Go with everything you have said here, but I will give you 2 extra lvl 1 spell transcribes for free (only pay the scroll cost, not the transcribe cost). I agree on having to hunt down rare stuff, so restrict yourself to ...uhh...not rare stuff.

It's a nice hook for me though, get Molgrug interested in something other than talking.