OOC

Michael

Had some busy days with travel and work, but will try to post later tonight. Kerapsis will probably opt to explore further into the complex with the others first before trying to take the shard though.

If everyone just leaves, I'll grab it myself. And, if whossisname does prove able to cling on to it, I'll employ the power of persuasion to get him to let me take it. Molgrug can be very persuasive!

Not leaving it behind

Discovered other means to acquire, while also uncovering more items if power and possibly gaining an ally so that we have options other than the weird council that sent us here.

Carmine prefers to come at things obliquely and with subtly.

Molly appears to be more direct. Or still afraid to do it himself.

Yeah, my thinking was that exploring further into the complex just gives us more options for when we return to it. It doesn’t eliminate the option to just take it, but if our frozen friend has more to offer by working with him, then we can go that route instead.

I am also... maybe remembering incorrectly... Can we go back the way we came? For some reason I have it stuck in memory that we cannot. We have to find our way out and some other means of getting back to the Council place.

I would have preferred to push the lich for more but ....I can't talk to him so had to do with the translators style.

The problem I foresee is we are weak and need mortals to grow.

GP

2 hours ago, Grand Poobah said:

I would have preferred to push the lich for more but ..

Maybe, but I always try to balance out scenes where I am the only one able to communicate like that with the idea that other players are bored and want to be able to do something, Once it seemed no one else had inputs they wanted me to ask, I tried to finish things up.

You know what they say, a shard in the hand and all that. To me, the course seems clear: grab the shard, then go find the sceptre, then leave and kill those doofuses (doofi? doofus?) who "hired" us, then conquer the rest of the world.

Anyway... is the shard-holding hand encased in ice too? From the description it sounded like it was mainly the rest of him.

On 3/29/2024 at 9:27 AM, Roughtrade said:

Maybe, but I always try to balance out scenes where I am the only one able to communicate like that with the idea that other players are bored and want to be able to do something, Once it seemed no one else had inputs they wanted me to ask, I tried to finish things up.

Sure and appreciate it.

It's ok for you to strike the accord and then another of us evil shitbags to be "why trade for what we can just take" Molgrug will get to the bottom of that angle quick enough I guess.

10 hours ago, TheFred said:

You know what they say, a shard in the hand and all that. To me, the course seems clear: grab the shard, then go find the sceptre, then leave and kill those doofuses (doofi? doofus?) who "hired" us, then conquer the rest of the world.

Anyway... is the shard-holding hand encased in ice too? From the description it sounded like it was mainly the rest of him.

I agree with taking if we can. From a big picture perspective he may well have a lot of knoledge that would equate to power or advantage back in Ebberon. If he is a super inteligent Lich King who almost defeated an invading uber race then we either take what we can now while he is weak or align with him and Carve up the world. As far as Nizell is concerned he could can have all the goblinoids and undead he likes if we get the sweet tasting mortals.

Using the Cult members that would allign with us and killing the rest would make sence.

Also this current complex ...it would seem like a large area that we could use as a home base. We should find out where it is on the world?

On 3/29/2024 at 11:35 AM, TheFred said:

What’s the deal with this? I’ll grab the shard if I can but if it’s properly iced over (I was assuming it wasn’t, but best to check) then no point.