Llyarden's App

Llyarden

Very WIP, but probably going for a Loader role, who's also a kinda quartermaster-y type. No magic means I can't do fancy tank shells in the most immediate way I could think of, which is unfortunate, but I can probably finagle something similar.

Description

Description

Just for now trying to figure out what happens if I type an awful lot of text in these spoilers, not sure how word wrapping will work with the changes I've made to the code.

Personality

Personality

Lets put some text in here to figure out what it does if we have both open as well...it'd be really nice if spoilers worked in preview mode.

Edited by Llyarden (see edit history)

Look into Scholar, they can do some very interesting things with their material impositions and flashbangs. The servers are down so I can't immediately recall the exact abilities but there is a way to affix flashbangs to ranged attacks if memory serves

Yeah, Scholar doesn't get very many actual combat talents unfortunately, some of the combos I have planned for my dude - as rare as it may be that he actually fights outside the Tank - are pretty talent-intensive.

My current design is Striker (Strong Style Grappler) // Blacksmith (Iron Chef / Techsmith), an orphan scavenger who was basically adopted by the Crew and now turns his talents to turning whatever mess of food they can scrounge up into something edible and bodging extra explosives onto the Tank's main cannon rounds.  Very Str/Con based with a dash of Wis.

Edited by Llyarden (see edit history)

Know this might be a little late, but maybe the Trap sphere could work? There's the Trap Launcher talent, which lets you set traps using ranged attacks and also triggers them if they hit a foe. They're more physically-oriented, so think stuff like entangling effects, difficult terrain, or knocking them prone, and you can pretty easily add effects to traps you wouldn't normally be able to add to ranged attacks (like clouds of inhaled poison, inflicting dirty tricks or bull rushes with all the rider effects they'd normally get, or pretty much any offensive alchemical item). Might also be able to create mines and the like, though that'd probably require some tank upgrades to deploy if you don't want to toss them out the hatches or climb outside to set them up.

I think you might need to get something houseruled to let you add it to attacks you aren't firing, though. RAW, the Gunner would need to be the one doing these traps since they're the ones shooting, but it'd be weird cause it's not like they're the person with access to the loading chambers. But ah, the tank's also equipped with a dedicated launcher, so you can always use that when the main gun isn't going off. Though I guess a launcher works for most alchemical items on their own, without needing the hassle of setting up traps.

Edited by Niblooey (see edit history)