Conditional CSS/formatting by theme

I think the ability to choose from a selection of themes is a great feature on Baldr. It opens up a lot of different colours in posts that were never quite visible on the old MW yellowish background.

However, one colour that works great on light theme could be almost invisible on dark theme, and vice versa. The lower the L value in a colour's HSL, the less likely it is to be readable on the dark theme, and the opposite is true for the light form.

I think it's unlikely that players in a game are going to all be using the same theme, based on usability needs or plain preference. Finding a colour that works well across all themes could be a pain and in reality significantly reduces the colours available.

Would it be possible to implement a conditional display solution that allows us to change elements such as colours in our posts based on a user's current theme?

I think the themes have a way to compensate, much like the dark theme shows black text as white, etc.

Whomever gets put in charge of those themes will need to do a converter that converts colors.

I think users of extreme dark/light themes will always have some issues with colors, the key will be to make sure to get the most used offenders. 

At least the ones in the color selection chart.