Edit History

hoverfrog

hoverfrog

Pathfinder Strength of Thousands Adventure Path | Paizo

Chapter 1: The Perquesite

Magaambya

cbTrWOE.pngCharacters Campus Directory - RPG CrossingAs part of the conditions of their acceptance into the Magaambya, the heroes are expected to perform their Perquisite, a period of public service to the school and to the people living around it. To help the heroes settle into these responsibilities, the academy asked the senior initiates in the heroes’ dorm to spend five days giving the heroes tasks for their Perquisite, then introduce the heroes to the Magaambya’s teachers on the sixth day so that the new initiates can start attending classes after a day of rest. Esi Djana suggested that the tasks for the Perquisites be used to help teach the heroes skills and magic important to each of the Magaambya’s five branches: Rain‑Scribes, Tempest‑Sun Mages, Cascade Bearers, Emerald Boughs, and Uzunjati. The other initiates agreed, though with varying degrees of enthusiasm.

The day after the heroes’ arrival, Esi tells them to meet her in front of the Spire Dormitory first thing in the morning.

When the heroes arrive outside the dormitory the next day, Esi and Haibram Thodja are waiting to greet them. "Ah, the green shoots blossom in the rain," a well-muscled and clean-shaven dwarven man calls out with a smile. He gives a friendly wave. "It was meant to be me and Root meeting you, but I guess not?"

"I swapped with Anchor Root," Esi replies, brushing the point aside before addressing the new students. "Over the next five days, you’ll be helping with each of the school’s five branches. Haibram and Anchor Root seek to join the Rain-Scribes. It’s the branch that explores the world and helps other travelers make their way through uncertain territories. That means Rain-Scribes have to work well with both nature and people."

Haibram continues, "We can really use your help. The Kafesi Market won’t deal with anyone they know is part of the Magaambya. Since you’re new, you should be able to get in without a problem. You’ll be looking for, er, chickens."

"Did you know there’s such a thing as endangered chickens? Of course, any chicken that comes too close to me is endangered," Haibram grins. "A farmer outside of Nantambu, Bisola, said her family used to keep Ojofiri chickens. Said they could hatch anything, even a dragon egg! I don’t know about that, but she wants to raise Ojofiris again, so we’re going to get her some. Ojofiri eggs aren’t very hardy and the birds aren’t good layers, so they mostly got put in soup and now there’s hardly any left. Well, we caught wind that someone at Kafesi has a few chicks. Go and bring some back."

The pair describes Ojofiri chickens as small fowl with white faces, dark blue feathers, and lavender combs; chicks should have dark blue feathers with a white underbelly. Haibram continues, "We need a breeding pair but the more hens the better. Get at least four chicks, the more you can get the more we'll have in future."

Esi steps in, "Have you heard of the Kafesi Market? It is a wandering bazaar. Students don't have the best history with the Kefesi Market but you're new and not known there." She hands over a pouch of 20 gold coins, "You'd better hurry. They might run out. Good luck."

OOC Scene Notes

The dormitory map is in the spoiler below.
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

Default Marching Order

CHARACTER STATUS

Kaikara Lilly

Silas Foljet Thandeka Sun-Steel

Alandri Malfore  

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

180xp from the aptitude tests.

Show Active Map

image.png.5365088fba56b64a6bc26be3f673dd59.png

hoverfrog

hoverfrog

Magaambya

cbTrWOE.pngCharacters Campus Directory - RPG CrossingAs part of the conditions of their acceptance into the Magaambya, the heroes are expected to perform their Perquisite, a period of public service to the school and to the people living around it. To help the heroes settle into these responsibilities, the academy asked the senior initiates in the heroes’ dorm to spend five days giving the heroes tasks for their Perquisite, then introduce the heroes to the Magaambya’s teachers on the sixth day so that the new initiates can start attending classes after a day of rest. Esi Djana suggested that the tasks for the Perquisites be used to help teach the heroes skills and magic important to each of the Magaambya’s five branches: Rain‑Scribes, Tempest‑Sun Mages, Cascade Bearers, Emerald Boughs, and Uzunjati. The other initiates agreed, though with varying degrees of enthusiasm.

The day after the heroes’ arrival, Esi tells them to meet her in front of the Spire Dormitory first thing in the morning.

When the heroes arrive outside the dormitory the next day, Esi and Haibram Thodja are waiting to greet them. "Ah, the green shoots blossom in the rain," a well-muscled and clean-shaven dwarven man calls out with a smile. He gives a friendly wave. "It was meant to be me and Root meeting you, but I guess not?"

"I swapped with Anchor Root," Esi replies, brushing the point aside before addressing the new students. "Over the next five days, you’ll be helping with each of the school’s five branches. Haibram and Anchor Root seek to join the Rain-Scribes. It’s the branch that explores the world and helps other travelers make their way through uncertain territories. That means Rain-Scribes have to work well with both nature and people."

Haibram continues, "We can really use your help. The Kafesi Market won’t deal with anyone they know is part of the Magaambya. Since you’re new, you should be able to get in without a problem. You’ll be looking for, er, chickens."

"Did you know there’s such a thing as endangered chickens? Of course, any chicken that comes too close to me is endangered," Haibram grins. "A farmer outside of Nantambu, Bisola, said her family used to keep Ojofiri chickens. Said they could hatch anything, even a dragon egg! I don’t know about that, but she wants to raise Ojofiris again, so we’re going to get her some. Ojofiri eggs aren’t very hardy and the birds aren’t good layers, so they mostly got put in soup and now there’s hardly any left. Well, we caught wind that someone at Kafesi has a few chicks. Go and bring some back."

The pair describes Ojofiri chickens as small fowl with white faces, dark blue feathers, and lavender combs; chicks should have dark blue feathers with a white underbelly. Haibram continues, "We need a breeding pair but the more hens the better. Get at least four chicks, the more you can get the more we'll have in future."

Esi steps in, "Have you heard of the Kafesi Market? It is a wandering bazaar. Students don't have the best history with the Kefesi Market but you're new and not known there." She hands over a pouch of 20 gold coins, "You'd better hurry. They might run out. Good luck."

OOC Scene Notes

We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.

Show Bookkeeping

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

Default Marching Order

CHARACTER STATUS

Kaikara Lilly

Alandri Malfore  

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

Show Active Map

image.png.5365088fba56b64a6bc26be3f673dd59.png

hoverfrog

hoverfrog

Magaambya

OOC Scene Notes

Show Bookkeeping

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

Default Marching Order

CHARACTER STATUS

Kaikara Lilly

Alandri Malfore  

EXPERIENCE TRACKER