Guidelines for character creation

Shocker

Should have posted this already yesterday

lets keep this simple:

27 point buy system

equipment, gear and weapons based on what you get from your background.
allignment: choose what you are comfortable with, just keep in mind this is a cooperative experience, so chaotic evil isn’t something well suited for a hero.

house ruling: I really don’t much care for encumberance, as long as you keep looting in reasonable ranges, encumbrance will not come into play. Similarly keep track of your inventory when it comes to stuff like rations and arrows (arrows are retrieved after use at a rate if one for every two fired). If it isn’t giving you particular joy, there will be no need to keep detailed track of what equipment is currently where. Just make sure you can distinguish if something is worn on your person, and is readily accessible, or if that sword you urgently need in combat was stashed inside your back pack.

• 2 weeks later...

So, i know you mentioned keeping the equipment from background and such. Are you ok with selling items back at equal exchange? I traded back a crossbow and warhamer for the longsword. Also i purchased the shield-design-holy symbol with extra gold from that as well. I can change it back if your not ok with it but i think it works with him.

4 hours ago, Akwehawk said:

So, i know you mentioned keeping the equipment from background and such. Are you ok with selling items back at equal exchange? I traded back a crossbow and warhamer for the longsword. Also i purchased the shield-design-holy symbol with extra gold from that as well. I can change it back if your not ok with it but i think it works with him.

I will need to look at this in a bit more detail. The appeal of doing this is clear, but as I have stated before, I’m trying to run this campaign as something for beginners, so keeping things simple and an even playing field is important as well.

I‘ll let you know within the next 24h.

Ok. Were we allowed to spend the gold in the beginning? If so i can change the weapon back to a warhammer and still just purchase the shield emblem (it was 5 gp). I just prefer swords over hammers.

Edit; FYI I changed it back to avoid any issues. No worries

Edited by Akwehawk (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

As we are about 1 week away from closing applications, here on last reminder please make sure to have links to your character sheets in your application.
Applications without sheet will be immediately disregarded.