Questions and Answers

Faux Flag

uc?export=download&id=1rfv5L55qQ2llNw_RRK2XpikbvsYrJ1OT

uc?export=download&id=1OSGeMQB7g-manfm1KoDosuWuhFS8KQCy

Please ask any questions you may have here and I will answer them as soon as I can.

I will collect any answered questions and edit them into this post, so they are all gathered in one space.

I was working on a Gnoll rogue with the ruffian racket, but I just realized that the Gnoll's unarmed attack still wouldn't be allowed to make sneak attacks even with the ruffian racket like I thought it would. Would you be willing to DM rule that that works? If not, I'll start working on a different concept.

12 hours ago, cluttered said:

I was working on a Gnoll rogue with the ruffian racket, but I just realized that the Gnoll's unarmed attack still wouldn't be allowed to make sneak attacks even with the ruffian racket like I thought it would. Would you be willing to DM rule that that works? If not, I'll start working on a different concept.

I can't think of anything that would break so sure, as long as the unarmed attack continues to meet all the other conditions for simple weapon sneak attacks under Ruffian (i.e. die size can't be larger than d8).

I am new to Pathfinder 2.0. 
Played a lot of D&D 3.5 back in the day, and mostly play D&D 5e but have gotten the pathfinder book recently.

Are you willing to put up with a noob? 

I am thinking of keeping it simple and just playing a human alchemist.

57 minutes ago, omegoku said:

I am new to Pathfinder 2.0. 
Played a lot of D&D 3.5 back in the day, and mostly play D&D 5e but have gotten the pathfinder book recently.

Are you willing to put up with a noob? 

I am thinking of keeping it simple and just playing a human alchemist.

Of course! Fair warning, the alchemist is one of the more complex classes but it's fun (I currently play an alchemist in another game) so don't let that put you off!

If anything is unclear, just feel free to ask.

8 hours ago, Faux Flag said:

I can't think of anything that would break so sure, as long as the unarmed attack continues to meet all the other conditions for simple weapon sneak attacks under Ruffian (i.e. die size can't be larger than d8).

I actually decided I want to try the inventor class, but thanks for being open to it!

44 minutes ago, theredshirtwholive said:

I know we're allowed to pick any Common background, but is it all right if we flavor one of those with one of the backgrounds from the Players' Guide? I really like the Snubbed-Out Stoolie background, but it doesn't work for my build mechanically.

Sure—ultimately your backstory is up to you rather than dictated by what your background says (although if you're an unrepentant criminal, a background such as Barrister or Emissary probably wouldn't work).

Off the top of my head, several options like Criminal, Detective, or Hounded Thief could work for a character with the flavour of Snubbed Out Stoolie, so if you think there's a better option for you mechanically that works with the flavour of that background, go for it.

Hi @Faux Flag - great idea to run this on the new site.  Super interested!
How do you rule on the dedication from 'Ancient Elf' in conjunction with 'Free Archetype'.

If I pick up Ancient Elf with a dedication, can I pick up another dedication with the Free Archetype at 2nd level?
(some GM's feel 'free' means 'free' - ie its seperate to other dedication restrictions)

What I'm hoping is that the 'free archetype' dedication feat at 2nd level isn't constrained by the need to pick two more archetype feats on the Ancient Elf dedication.
(Some might take it further and say 'Free Archtype' also wouldn't be constrainted by any class feat choices made - essentially they are two different instances of the rules applying - but I'm happy with at least Ancient Elf not being penalised with a dead free archetype feat at 2nd)

On 5/30/2022 at 4:48 PM, allefgib said:

How do you rule on the dedication from 'Ancient Elf' in conjunction with 'Free Archetype'.

If I pick up Ancient Elf with a dedication, can I pick up another dedication with the Free Archetype at 2nd level?
(some GM's feel 'free' means 'free' - ie its seperate to other dedication restrictions)

What I'm hoping is that the 'free archetype' dedication feat at 2nd level isn't constrained by the need to pick two more archetype feats on the Ancient Elf dedication.
(Some might take it further and say 'Free Archtype' also wouldn't be constrainted by any class feat choices made - essentially they are two different instances of the rules applying - but I'm happy with at least Ancient Elf not being penalised with a dead free archetype feat at 2nd)

Any update on this one please @Faux Flag?

On 5/30/2022 at 8:18 AM, allefgib said:

Ancient Elf is one of those cases which is a bit wonky with Free Archetype. Free Archetype is still constrained by the usual dedication restrictions, but the most elegant solution would be making an exception for the case of Ancient Elf so you would be able to take the dedication from 1st for Ancient Elf as well as a second dedication at 2nd from Free Archetype.

40 minutes ago, omegoku said:

Anyone with a bit more exp in Pathfinder2.0 care to take a quick look over my Alchemist?

I think I created it correctly, but could have made a mistake!

If I have chance this evening, I'll take a look then!