Reitan Rhuin, Tempest Cleric

Akwehawk

39e4b02ba6064ad4a2877c76bc850343.jpeg.d3eb7f97acb1c3d19540420bb9161c53.jpeg

Character Sheet https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2812636

History;

Reitan was left at the local church of Talos in small hamlet near the coast, and near Neverwinter, his parents believing they could take better care of him. They were not religious and knew nothing of Talos. Growing up he grew bored of the teachings, hating the constant religious drivel, Talos this and Talos that, etc. He found he had a knack for reading people, situations, and noticing small details and he picked up magic like it was second nature. Reitan was always skeptical of the teachings, but enjoyed the magical lessons. To the priests joy, Reitan was a natural, and Talos took an interest.

(Talos likely found a naive plaything he hoped he could eventually turn, then use up in one of his schemes. So far, Reitan was too headstrong and stubborn in regard to the church's teachings, himself focusing on only the magic.)

He learned what he could and then tragedy happened.

It came from the sky and leveled everything. It set the church ablaze, and most buildings in the town. In the beginning of the attack, Reitan was near a pier practicing withnthe water, away from the action. He made for the church as fast as he could. When he reached it, the attack was over, the white dragon, flying away. The church was flattened, with no survivors. He was conflicted, he hated the constant religious instruction, but they still raised him and taught him everything he knew. After helping where he could, he gathered some personal items and planned to set off in the direction of Phandalin in the morn, in order to stop the dragon from harming anyone else. He felt he owed it to them.

Reitan fell asleep and he dreamed of another plane. He didn't know where he was but he knew it wasn't Faerun. He tried to gather his bearings, but all directions looked the same. Then he heard a voice and he recognized the source. The male figure wore plate mail. He was bearded and had an eye patch and he recognized the likeness from the church paintings.

Reitan Rhuin. I fear your knowledge of who I am, is not truth. The voice echoed in his mind.

They color your perception of me as evil. That is not who I am. I am your god and I am benevolent. Allow me to show you and through me, bring favorable elements to those who rely on it and storms to those who oppose it. Trust in me. He smiled and paused as he looked Reitan over.

Start with the Wyrm. He then dissipated.

Or something like that. He never remembered his dreams, but he got the gist of what was said. Maybe Talos wasn't that bad? Either way, he felt he was a step ahead of Talos and already intended to end the dragon.

Personality;

Stubborn - Due to constant lecturing on how to act by the church and clergy, he now enjoys the freedom to think for himself and is determined to not to listen to others, even if it makes sense, at least as far as the church of talos is concerned (he refuses to listen to others about Talos being bad)

Headstrong - Once he sets his mind to something almost never changes course.

Impulsive - Occasionally oblivious to future consequences, Reitan sometimes acts without thinking.

Ideals;

Changing Talos perception, and wishes to prove himself to Talos.

Bonds;

Feels he owes the church for everything, and wishes to avenge their destruction.

Flaws;

Misguided and Favored - Reitan feels he either needs to prove Talos has a good side, and wants to change his reputation. He feels Talos has blessed his abilities and favors him (if true, Talos only wishes to use him at some point). He is obsessed with it.

Edited by Akwehawk (see edit history)

I used dnd beyonds character builder so faction agent may or may not be in it, i haven't looked. I was going to change it anyway as I am not happy with the background and some other aspects of the character.

I'm having a difficult time fleshing it out in my head. The only tempest related gods in the pantheon are NE or CE and I don't want the character to be either, which is why I chose Valkur, but he is not in the PHB either. Are you good with him Following one of those deities but not following the same alignment? Perhaps he is being tricked by one of them and he believes the deity to be good, or maybe he follows one, but is at odds with it somehow?

10 minutes ago, Akwehawk said:

I'm having a difficult time fleshing it out in my head. The only tempest related gods in the pantheon are NE or CE and I don't want the character to be either, which is why I chose Valkur, but he is not in the PHB either. Are you good with him Following one of those deities but not following the same alignment? Perhaps he is being tricked by one of them and he believes the deity to be good, or maybe he follows one, but is at odds with it somehow?

Yes that would be acceptable.

Edit: let me be a bit more specific, I'm not experienced enough to use alignment in a meaningful fashion, so please use whatever suits your character. I think the campaign is going to be tough enough without having to deal with an evil alignment as well. As I understand it alignment is a help to decide how a character would swing in a decision, but this is not meant as a ball and chain either. So if you want to be a lawful good disciple of an evil God, have fun.

Edited by Shocker (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

ReitanPostPic.png.5a41899adcf19eebacf2382c3345fecf.pngReitan Rhuin

Tempest Cleric of Talos

AC: 18  | HP: 9/9 | Speed: 20 ft | Features and Traits

Wrath of the StormWhen a creature within 5ft that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to cause the creature to make a DEX saving throw (DC 13 or it takes 2d8 lightning or thunder damage (Reitan will likely choose lightning), half damage on a success. 3x per long rest | SpellsCantrips - (No limit)

Light, Mending, Spare the Dying, Thaumaturgy, Toll the Dead

1st Level - (2 spell slots)

Ceremony, Command, Create or Destroy Water, Fog Cloud, Healing Word, Thunderwave

1 use per long rest - Guiding Bolt (Reitan's spell looks like a lightning bolt)
 | AttributesAbilites

STR 9 -1
DEX 8 -1
CON 12 +1
INT 16 +3
WIS 16 +3
CHA 12 +1

Saving Throws

STR -1, DEX -1, CON +1, INT +3, WIS +5, CHA +3

Senses

15 Passive (WIS) Perception
13 Passive (INT) Investigation
15 Passive (WIS) Insight

Txt..iimff[w-jvjekf[ajvnjvorvoscnovirnvosnck,coejfowmdofjpxnidfnmpsomfpsndnzsldmfps nvnspaojvondksmdpdlvmkvlsm kvm sdlms pdkf sknmf sdfkmknf sldmf mf smf;sd nskvn sldf smf nsknm sodkf snlksnd,m sodj smdnvksm ldkf spmlkvms ;dlkc slmcslkdmc sldmc s;dm slm, pds,c snvs;.md,c sm;s,mc ;slmd ;sldmv; sld,c's dmsmv lskdflkslfnvkfmvlps[slmvkmvkdnv sldk[sdms dpkfps[mlfms[pdkfpkdnmsl [pslmv;lsmvsl dmsld's;lmskdmvs[;d,ksvkfvm plsdmvskvmlsmvlknvkdmvlsmksnv svm oskdnmkslmdvs dvknvspkmv slkvmslv,c slvsknv s; dcs[lm sdvms ldm[slms mvpsldm spdf;msdkvm sldm sdf;kc sldvmsplf, slcmslknvsl;c, dslm sknvksm sldvm snsfv s;ldmf mcls ;msdvms lcms vmskvms ;c, dvdsdm a;lmc vs ,dc mvnlksm c;cm snvkdmc s;ld,cs vms;ld,c s;dmvc s;dlc,s ncms ;c,s vms; dlf, s;ldmvv s;ld,c s[p'dcm s;mc,'sd;c,s vmcsd c,s'd;ls ';v, smd;c,s [dpv;ls;dmfs, d[vs,; cs;',c c;sm,c' d,s mvs;m d,cs;mdc.

Blue italicized and maybe bold text, will be vocal, and red italicized bold text will be internal thoughts.

Edited by Akwehawk (see edit history)