The Water Cooler

Khakhan

Maybe she was homeless for a time, and when he was working with an outreach program, providing food, clothes, and such for disadvantaged youth they met. Maybe she got all angry with him for some reason, didn't want charity or something like that ... and was intrigued by the fact that when she tried to shove him away, he side stepped the attack, but didn't counter attack. Few could stand up to her, so this random social worker who dodges her attack that can shatter walls, and just patiently waits for her to calm down made him interesting to her?

I wouldn't say she'd get angry, so much as say "No thanks, but I'm still taking it". But yes, she would be intrigued if someone evaded a fire punch and went "Are you good now?" like it's something normal. She doesn't know a lot about The Outside, but she knows that's not normal

I don't know how outreach programs work, I think they have stands, no? If they do, Zhou might notice her standing on the side, unsure if she should go in or leave, and come up to her

She would most likely be wary that this random guy comes up to her offering her free stuff. Definitely would think something's up since why is it fine to not have money to get stuff now?

Edited by Abalon (see edit history)

... how do we have (potentially) multiple homeless heroes? That's an oddly specific and not too common trope, but... yeah, Kay's on the streets too. Has been ever since she lost her old crew since she bunked with them. (and was homeless prior to joining them) Not sure if tying her to Lana is too big a coincidence, but feels worth noting.

Edited by Inquisitor D (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Inquisitor D said:

... how do we have (potentially) multiple homeless heroes? That's an oddly specific and not too common trope, but... yeah, Kay's on the streets too. Has been ever since she lost her old crew since she bunked with them. (and was homeless prior to joining them)

I have no clue, I guess stuff just happens like that. With 22 entries, there was bound to have some kind of a repeating patern, and this time it's not having a house

5 hours ago, Inquisitor D said:

Not sure if tying her to Lana is too big a coincidence, but feels worth noting.

As for tying her to Lana, well she might have seen one of her concerts. She's still pretty curious about the world, even if not having a roof to sleep under did cool her enthusiasm down a few notch. So a huge set of lights and sounds out of seemingly nowhere? Hell, she'd probably think it's a super hero fight and go there just to punch something. As for whether or not she actually does is another matter entirely

I have made selections after a great deal of thinking.

I really want to say that all of these apps were such great applications, and if I didn't pick you for this interaction, it's just for the setup, and I'd love to have you all back. I'd like to turn this into a radiant, living world for us to all enjoy.

Without further ado, congratulations to the following:

@LeonineWolf playing Nicholas Bell aka Ruckus

@Zen Gypsy playing Tsu Yang Zhou aka Phoenix Fist

@Rayth playing Mikaela Garrett aka Psion

@Ganurath playing Jordan McEvedy aka Relentless

and

@Streetrat playing Edward Smith aka Harbinger

• 2 months later...