Character Creation Questions

Mindcrime

@ Mindcrime

theres a 10x10 platform called a howdah from an unapproved source that lets 4 medium guys ride a Huge creature in cover from the ground

I'm not asking for a howdah, cause it's from an unapproved source, it weighs 250 lbs and I won't always be Huge, and who'd belt me in? So no.

But I would ask for a ruling how many Medium creatures could ride a Huge creature without a saddle or howdah

Edited by TheYell (see edit history)

9 hours ago, TheYell said:

@ Mindcrime

theres a 10x10 platform called a howdah from an unapproved source that lets 4 medium guys ride a Huge creature in cover from the ground

I'm not asking for a howdah, cause it's from an unapproved source, it weighs 250 lbs and I won't always be Huge, and who'd belt me in? So no.

But I would ask for a ruling how many Medium creatures could ride a Huge creature without a saddle or howdah

I have searched this and have come to the conclusion that it would be a matter of the huge creature's carrying capacity vs how much each medium creature weighed (with all of their gear).

A quick question for you, @Mindcrime, about the Interactions of the Bloodrager Spell-Eater Archetype ability Blood of Life, and the Fast Healer feat. I had a look around for different rulings to see if there was any kind of official ruling, but I can’t seem to find one.

It pretty much comes down to if you consider Fast Healing to count as ‘normal healing’ (which makes the combo works), or if it counts as magical healing (thanks to Blood of Life being Supernatural), which also makes it work.

Not a big problem if not, I just stumbled upon the combo, and Half-Orc gets me part way there with Shaman’s Apprentice.

5 hours ago, Mindcrime said:

I have searched this and have come to the conclusion that it would be a matter of the huge creature's carrying capacity vs how much each medium creature weighed (with all of their gear).

Ok Thank you, we'll deal when it comes up.  Thanks for looking!

11 hours ago, Naimless said:

A quick question for you, @Mindcrime, about the Interactions of the Bloodrager Spell-Eater Archetype ability Blood of Life, and the Fast Healer feat. I had a look around for different rulings to see if there was any kind of official ruling, but I can’t seem to find one.

It pretty much comes down to if you consider Fast Healing to count as ‘normal healing’ (which makes the combo works), or if it counts as magical healing (thanks to Blood of Life being Supernatural), which also makes it work.

Not a big problem if not, I just stumbled upon the combo, and Half-Orc gets me part way there with Shaman’s Apprentice.

Yes, I think that since the healing through 'blood of life' is magical in nature that the benefit of the  'fast healer' feat would apply.

Would like to suggest a simplified list of Familiar Creatures for Wild Shape, since I don't get to use the animal stat blocks just modify my own as per the Beast Shape spell, I don't need a library of different forms to juggle like I previously thought.

4th Level:  Small: Eagle, Medium: Wolf

6th Level: Tiny: Rat, Large: Horse +4th Level forms

8th Level: Diminutive: Bat, Huge: Mastodon Elephant + 6th level forms + 4th level forms

Since we have potentially another summoner I think we should assign responsibility for the paperwork to the player, and have us do a sheet for Wolf A, Wolf B, Wolf C etc. My guy can get bonuses to numbers summoned at level 6.  Since we're playing by post and not posting daily it shouldn't be too much for us but could overwhelm a GM.  If you prefer to have charge of that I won't insist.

2 hours ago, TheYell said:

Would like to suggest a simplified list of Familiar Creatures for Wild Shape, since I don't get to use the animal stat blocks just modify my own as per the Beast Shape spell, I don't need a library of different forms to juggle like I previously thought.

4th Level:  Small: Eagle, Medium: Wolf

6th Level: Tiny: Rat, Large: Horse +4th Level forms

8th Level: Diminutive: Bat, Huge: Mastodon Elephant + 6th level forms + 4th level forms

Since we have potentially another summoner I think we should assign responsibility for the paperwork to the player, and have us do a sheet for Wolf A, Wolf B, Wolf C etc. My guy can get bonuses to numbers summoned at level 6.  Since we're playing by post and not posting daily it shouldn't be too much for us but could overwhelm a GM.  If you prefer to have charge of that I won't insist.

If selected I will have stat blocks ready for a few summon monsters of any given level, so everything is ready to go when they show up in combat. 

33 minutes ago, Mindcrime said:

Just a reminder, I usually do all of my reviewing during the weekend.  I just have more time to sit down and focus than I do during the week.

I think I've got all my mechanics in place for Camna Blackstone (who replaces Livia Cataru), just need to write up her lore.

I do have a question though. I want to take a Drawback, with the intention of having her work through it over the course of the game. At a story-appropriate moment, I'll have her pick up the Additional Traits feat and one more trait, using that moment to sort of 'buy off' her Drawback, if that's alright.

49 minutes ago, Kistler said:

Oh good, I thought you hated my app!

Nope, just haven't gotten to it yet.

16 minutes ago, Naimless said:

I think I've got all my mechanics in place for Camna Blackstone (who replaces Livia Cataru), just need to write up her lore.

I do have a question though. I want to take a Drawback, with the intention of having her work through it over the course of the game. At a story-appropriate moment, I'll have her pick up the Additional Traits feat and one more trait, using that moment to sort of 'buy off' her Drawback, if that's alright.

Yes, that is fine.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:59 AM, TheYell said:

@ Mindcrime

And I would ask what would the Ride check DC be for the riders  (because my character as planned has a -9 armor check penalty to Ride)

2 hours ago, pdwalt said:

And I would ask what would the Ride check DC be for the riders  (because my character as planned has a -9 armor check penalty to Ride)

If you attempt to ride a creature that is ill suited as a mount, you take a –5 penalty on your Ride checks.