Character Creation Questions

Mindcrime

I'm hoping to get all of the characters reviewed that are currently ready for review this weekend.  I'd also like to remind those that are still working on their characters that you now have 1 week to get them ready for review.  Also, if you have changed your mind and are no longer interested in the game, then please leave a comment in your character thread so that I can remove the submission.  Thank you!

3 hours ago, Mindcrime said:

I'm hoping to get all of the characters reviewed that are currently ready for review.  I'd also like to remind those that are still working on their characters that you now have 1 week to get them ready for review.  Also, if you have changed your mind and are no longer interested in the game, then please leave a comment in your character thread so that I can remove the submission.  Thank you!

When I get home from work (in like 7 hours), finishing work on Camna is priority #1.

Leadership is on the feats list.  How does that work, does the player draw up a cohort for GM approval, or suggest a cohort the GM draws up, or does the GM make up an appropriate level cohort and followers for the player?  Does the GM run the cohort in battle?

Or do you want to drop Leadership?  It seems like we have volunteers for all sorts of roles and you could just take on more players rather than allow for cohorts.  If you're dead set on 6 players rather than adjust the adventure path you may want to deny Leadership as skewing it as if we had more players.

I just was thinking about what I would want in a cohort, and it kept coming up close to something somebody proposed as a PC...

Edited by TheYell (see edit history)

17 hours ago, TheYell said:

Leadership is on the feats list.  How does that work, does the player draw up a cohort for GM approval, or suggest a cohort the GM draws up, or does the GM make up an appropriate level cohort and followers for the player?  Does the GM run the cohort in battle?

Or do you want to drop Leadership?  It seems like we have volunteers for all sorts of roles and you could just take on more players rather than allow for cohorts.  If you're dead set on 6 players rather than adjust the adventure path you may want to deny Leadership as skewing it as if we had more players.

I just was thinking about what I would want in a cohort, and it kept coming up close to something somebody proposed as a PC...

When it comes to the leadership feat, should someone select it, I would generate the cohorts and followers and play them.  They would definitely have a more background/supporting role.  Plus, taking the leadership feat would have to make sense.  You can't take it until level 7, so you have plenty of time to roleplay that into your character if you intend to take it.

33 minutes ago, Mindcrime said:

When it comes to the leadership feat, should someone select it, I would generate the cohorts and followers and play them.  They would definitely have a more background/supporting role.  Plus, taking the leadership feat would have to make sense.  You can't take it until level 7, so you have plenty of time to roleplay that into your character if you intend to take it.

That answers me fully thank you.

Pardon my thinking ahead of level 2 I like to have a general idea what I want to become, knowing that it'll flex with events, so my feats and spells make an effective character.

With my poor Charisma score it would be about level 13 before I got any followers as an option.  I'm imagining his Shoanti in-laws send reinforcements to him to act as camp attendants and couriers.  But if a teammate with better Charisma does it better and sooner we could scrap the whole idea of Leadership for Jamir.

It seems you have a limited time on weekday mornings Mindcrime, I expect I'll let you focus on the character reviews.

There's more I can do to link Jamir to the rest of the team, like linking backstories, discussing tactics and teamwork feats, and choosing our roles more clearly, but I think that would have to wait til we all pass through the eye of the needle and get selected.

I want to say you have been very helpful with what we needed to get set up for consideration. 

9 hours ago, TheYell said:

Pardon my thinking ahead of level 2 I like to have a general idea what I want to become, knowing that it'll flex with events, so my feats and spells make an effective character.

Nothing wrong with looking ahead.

1 hour ago, TheYell said:

It seems you have a limited time on weekday mornings Mindcrime, I expect I'll let you focus on the character reviews.

Yeah, weekdays are definitely strained for me.

1 hour ago, TheYell said:

I want to say you have been very helpful with what we needed to get set up for consideration. 

Thank you.  I try to answer questions as quickly as possible.

14 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Huh, for some reason I thought you already picked players so I gave up on following my character..

Nope, I haven't picked the group yet.  I've only reviewed the submissions that were tagged 'ready for review'.  Once the review is done and changes made (if any), then I have you change the tag from 'ready for review' to 'complete'.  The deadline is this Friday to have your character tagged 'ready for review'.  Those that don't won't be considered for the game.