Tip on using Baldr

LDDragon

• 6 months later...

Since there's a thread for this - can someone explain to me how to make a posting template that half-way works as you want?

I clone previous posts, and that ... it doesn't not-work, but it also doesn't work. You can't edit what you post that way, you have to go into the console thing, and it's just not convenient or user friendly. It does have the one advantage that it's bb code, which I can sorta parse. I don't do html.

It all depends on what you have as formatting, the more special formatting like quotes, spoilers, extra pop up info and other things like that, the harder it is to make copies/clones of your post and make edits to them

For me cloning works just fine but I don't use any spoilers, tables or any other fancy post stuff,

Somehow cloning does not work at all for me. I get the popup saying the edit buffer is filled, but there is nothing there. It worked at some point in the past, but not for several weeks/months.

I haven't tried changing content to see if any specific fancy post stuff is the problem.

So now I just copy and paste, then edit.

Edit: cloning this post also does not work. It doesn't get more vanilla than only plain text.

Edited by Hof
testes (see edit history)

They added a second step about a few months ago. (Don’t worry it threw me through a loop when it was first implemented) The clone buffer is a hidden processing field that the site implemented for cloning so that people can take posts from one topic to another without having to rely on copy and paste. Before when you cloned something it dropped it in the editor of the topic the cloned post is in which some didn't want as they wanted to put it in a different topic

There a button in the editor field that looks like a pair of squares stack together next to the button that looks like a pair of speech bubbles click that and your most recently cloned post will appear in editor.

~~~

The exact process is click clone on the post you want to clone

Go into the editor for a new post wherever you want to make a new post with that cloned data

Hit the two square button in the editor field

And the post you want to clone will appear in the editor formatting completely intact. Ready for you to edit it as you desire

I typically edit a previous post, then copy and paste into a new post, then adjust.

Though that does run the occasional risk of accidently editing the old post instead, if I forget which post I am meant to be editing.

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

So ... in terms of posting template, I'm 'doing it right'. That's both frustrating and encouraging. It's a process they really should have implemented better, but at least I'm not doing it wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Just realized how useful the 'paste as plain text' option is for me. I used to have a lot of troubles with the site doing a lot of weird formating when doing copy and pastes, but the 'paste as plain text' option when pasting avoids all that.

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Astonishing - you're right. Game archived. Now the question is whether I should make a new one. There is, after all, a follow-up campaign. But ... I guess you cannot help with that =)

ร—
ร—