Kaand'r Dru-Zod, Tamaranean/Kryptonian Hybrid.

DecoyGirl

Max PL: 12

Current PL: 6 (this is not a hard limit, just recommended build level for points)

Power Points: 100

Concept: What is Cadmus made a Tamaranean/Kryptonian clone out of villain DNA.

image.jpeg.0c7c4ae0df43a2d98e3750f7d41095f0.jpeg

Name: Kaand'r Dru-Zod

Designation: KTH-05

Alias: Why do I need that?

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 180lbs

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Eye Color: Dark Brown

Nationality: America?

Species: Tamaranean

Kryptonian Hybrid.

Raise Your Voice - Kat Dennings Image (22449400) - Fanpop

Attributes (40)

Strength

(Str)

Stamina

(Sta)

Agility

(Agi)

Dexterity

(Dex)

Fighting

(Fgt)

Intellect

(Int)

Awareness

(Awe)

Presence

(Pre)

10 6 0 0 2 0 2 0

Saves (6)

Dodge Parry Fortitude Toughness Will
Agi (00) + mod + 3 Rank Fgt (02) + Mod + 1 Rank Sta (6) + Mod + Rank Sta (5) + 3 Mod + Rank Awe (02) + Mod + 2 Rank
Total 3 Total 3 Total 6 Total 9 Total 4

Skills (6) & Advantages (7)

Skill Name Total Ability Rank Mods
Acrobatics 2 Agi 0 2  
Athletics 10 Str 10    
Close Combat   Fgt 2    
Deception 5* Pre 0   5*
Expertise   Int 0    
Insight 4 Awe 2 2  
Intimidation 6 Pre 0 6  
Investigation   Int 0    
Perception 4 Awe 2 2  
Persuasion 5* Pre 0   5*
Ranged Combat   Dex 0    
Sleight of Hand   Dex 0    
Stealth   Agi 0    
Technology   Int 0    
Treatment   Int 0    
Vehicles   Dex 0    
Spare Skill Section        
Spare Skill Section        
Spare Skill Section        
Spare Skill Section        
Advantage Name & Rank

Attractive 2

Power Attack

Ranged Attack 4

Powers (41)

"Hybrid Physiology"
Comprehend (Speak, Understand & Read All Languages) 3 (Quirks: Requires Physical Contact With Speaker First) [5]
Immunity (Life support) [10]
Protection (+3 toughness, Impervious 3) [6]
Senses (Ultravision) [1]

"Solar Absorption"
Flight 4 (32 mph) [8]

Star bolts. (Blast 5, 125/250/500 ft, Quirk: Red Sonal Energy) (DC:20) [13]
• Alt Effect: Heat Vision. (Blast 3, 75/150/300 ft, Accurate 1, Penetration 3, Quirk) (DC:18)
• Alt Effect: "Star First" (Strength-based Damage 4, Multiattack, Improved Critical 1, Split 2 targets, Quirk) (19-20 crit, DC:26)

Complications // Motivations

Motivation: Acceptance: Despite a constant "I don't care" Vibe, she does in fact care what people think of her... a lot.
Power Loss: Lead: (Actually as a note this is just a reminder for... later powers.
Power Loss: Solar-Powered: The energy projection portion of her powers will weaken and then fail given enough time without solar radiation.
Temper: I'm working on it alright... get off my case MOM...
Vulnerable: "Something Something Something... Spicy Green rocks."
Kryptonite is not lethal to Kaand'r but it's VERY unpleasant, wracking pain, nausea, crippling headaches leading to cramps vomiting, and unconsciousness if it lasts long enough.

A-Day B-Day
Math English
History Science
~Lunch~ ~Lunch~
Gym Art

Quirk: Red Solar Energy. (Kryptonian Weakness)

Attributes 40 + Saves 6 + Skills 6 + Advantages 7 + Powers 41 = Total 100.

Star Bolts: +5 Damage. +4 Atk. DC:20.

Edited by DecoyGirl (see edit history)

Backstory.
Project Cadmus has never needed much of an excuse to attempt to make a biological weapon by way of cloning. So when a multi-year war headed by an alien backed by an army of cloned aliens breaks out, it only stands to reason that they would get up to what some could consider "no good" But seldom one to attempt the same thing twice new 'samples' were desired. In this case, Cadmus was tasked with using newly acquired samples to create a contingency plan in case of "Kryptonian problems" Cropped up again.

After a number of false starts, they settled on the use of DNA collected from Tamaranean and Kryptonian subjects. The concept is that the project would saturate the produced subject with red sunlight to infuse the Tamaranean energy blasts with effects harmful to Kryptonian. Like many prior Cadmus projects, however, a mix of shifting goals, unclear expectations, and a general disregard for morals led to the production of a clone that was considered a failure right away. But never one to discard a super-powered agent Cadmus kept cloned "KTH-05" around, subjecting her to a battery of tests and studies in hopes of finding a better mixture and process of DNA.

And just like other Cadmus projects they never considered the subject would or could cause problems for them, escape or draw attention to them. Unlike other projects however there was little warning, The subject being a well-behaved and compliant test subject until well past the point that security and safety had become lax. So when she did lash out, it was in spectacular fashion, leading to the destruction of most of a lab, heavy damage to the building housing it and a freed confused and violent test subject loss in the public.

Luckily for most people involved however KTH was not mindless or even really an overly violent subject by nature and after some minor injuries and... a sizable amount of property damage she was willing to come along with the small group of super-powered 'heroes' who have shown up to respond to what initially was feared to be some leftover element of parademon forces. But this then left a physically and developmentally teenaged super being of alien biology with no real knowledge of the world around her in the custody of superheroes with no real idea where or what to do with her, she was sequestered at star labs for long enough to confirm what she had told everyone as well as letting star labs get some data from her without being as intrusive or abusive as Cadmus as well as giving her at least some time to pick up on social cues and graces.

Personality.
Considerably less awkward than one might think with an almost total lack of social interaction Instead Kaand'r tends to simply be forward and a bit unable or perhaps uninterested in understanding parts of earth's society and culture. But she is in general rather agreeable in that most things don't tend to bother her. But this does not make her unflappable, she's still not quite got a handle on the concept of "restraint" either emotionally or physically.

Appearance.
While conventionally attractive with dark features and a feminine feel. The thing that most people notice about the teen is that she stands at over six teens in height. And while not a towering pillar of muscle she's built solidly and athletically. However, anyone aware of her mixed alien biology might understand why she is not as tall as she might have or could have been.

Powers: Project Cadmus project outcome report.
• Tactile linguistical absorption. (Sucess) "Subject seems to have enhanced what might be the most useless and hardest to name ability... The subject does appear to have the ability to quickly absorb the mental development to speak, understand and read the language of a person by way of physical contact.
• Immunity: (Sucess) The subject does seem to have enhanced required immunities, which at the very least means to didn't have a repeat of the... unfortunate outcome from the prior test with KTH-02. The subject was totally unaffected by lack of atmosphere, vacuum, radiation, heat, and cold.
• Physical Ability: (Failure) Subject does indeed have heightened strength and durability. But far below the level her Kyroptonian DNA sample. Bairley comparable with the Tamaranean doner. Luckily physical injury resistance was adequate to not repeat prior testing failure in prior subjects KTH-01.
• Senses: (Failure) KTH-05 shows the ability to see into the electromagnetic spectrum but lacks all-over sensory abilities from Kyroptonians.
• Flight: (Failure) KTH-05 does show the ability to fly but the subjects' abilities are by far the least developed of our three attempts. Seemingly capable of nothing faster than perhaps thirty miles per hour.
• Energy Projection: (Mixed results) Subject does have the ability to project energy by way of hands like Tamaranian doner. Some promises are being shown after red solar energy 'baths' which while painful and causing some dermal distress are not fatal as in subject 03.
• Kryptonite: (Mixed Failure) Subject KTH-05 is affected by exposure to Kryptonite so the project shows failure however it is worth noting that the reaction was not lethal even after prolonged exposure as in prior subject 04. Instead subject experiences pain, nausea, headaches, vomiting after prolonged exposure and eventually unconsciousness.

Note: I am 100% aware of how ridiculously strength loaded this character is, and that's fine. Because I'm basically just getting them up near were the end PL:12 game is in damage, and using it to represent someone with a ton of strength and no idea how to use it.

Meta-Stuff goes here.
Characters are much more then the mechanical elements of numbers, but at the same time the numbers and character do need to line up. A character with no experience or training having a bunch of skills spent into close combat seams a bit off as an example.
In the case of this character, choosing to start off with high strength but kind of bad attack. To represent a character that's all physicals ability but on experience. Likewise the character being 1 point above the PL:6 in total attack. Despite the attack being a +3, DC:25.
And her having power attack. Literally making her a petulant teenager with parental issue and super stength.

Also side note: Best thing this character can possible pick up quickly is Accurate attack....

Inspiration.
The inspiration for this is actually based on a game I once ran with a group of players. And a discussion we ended up having about the interplay between Tamaranians and Kryptonians. Specifically the point that Tamaranians absorb solar-radiation and then shoot it back out. Kryptonians kind of do the same but not quite but most importantly, are harmed by red solar radiation.. and the question of "What if you fill a Tamaranian with red solar energy? Do the star bolts become Kryptonian death beams?" This lead us into a discussion about the most effective plan project cadmus never did...
Cross a Tamaranian with a Kryptonian....

Development.
This character is at the moment built as a person who has never been taught much of anything, all national physical potential.
So a lot of the characters development needs to go into learning to just... kind of be a person. The near total lack of life skills alone, the lack of experience in interacting with people in a non-adversarial situation, not to mention the knowledge of what she is. Just the sheer point of at some point having to interact with either superman or starfire.

Review (Fluff): First off, love the concept. And, if chosen, does help introduce an NPC that the party would have to deal with. So the background is great as well.

On development, yeah, I agree to want to see a Starfire or Superman interaction. Does Katie view either as a parental figure? Or does she just believe that her relation to them is just this nebulus thing and just wants to meet super hero people she's related to? And if she doesn't view Starfire/Superman as parents, does she consider anyone parents?

How does Katie react to other clones/science experiments such as Superboy? What if it was a clone of a different hero, such as Raven? Would she consider them as siblings or just people with similar backstories?

On growth? Do you plan on growing other kryptonian/tamaranian power sets? Or are you "only" going to be focusing on the character growing as an actual character?

On lack of social graces... How physically open is your character? Tamaranians are an interesting bunch. They often share energies by touch, and are very physically intimate people. Starfire saw no issue with kissing Robin just on meeting in order to get a language, and only got jealous about him having physical contact when she realized what it meant in an Earthling manner. On top of that... Tamaranians enjoy the feel of sunlight on their skin and as such don't often wear much clothing.

For example, Ryand'r wearing traditional Tamaranian male garb is shown below.

spacer.png

Did the scientists disabuse Katie of that social/physical interaction?

How has being raised underground and having Red Solar Dermal baths changed her interaction with the actual sun?

Review (Crunch):

Attributes = (10+6+2+2)x2= 40 not 38

Skills: Athletics has the wrong number in the 'mod section'. Also, you were supposed to put the stat # next to the stat, or replace it in the stat column. The 'Mod' section is for moments like, the attractive giving a buff to persuasion and deception. Or having a power that gives you a buff on stealth. Also, you have 1 extra point to spend in skills to make your skill points match your power point cost. 6 pp = 12 skill points, and you have 11.

Attractive 2 gives a +5 mod in deception and persuasion, this should be marked in your skill section with a * to reference it's a circumstance bonus.

Star bolts don't have penetrating but starfist and heat vision do, even though all three powers come from the same source. Why the separation?

If penetration is symbolizing breaking through Kryptonian defenses (which might be a needed ability) you could just spend it as a 1-point quirk, if it's in general, feel free to ignore.

Spaceflight isn't needed as a power, if you were to go to space, it would be for satellite repair, and space speed would be hand waved. I have no current plans on letting you guys fly to the moon, much less outside the galaxy. Also, you being able to travel faster than light out of atmosphere but only 16 mph in atmosphere makes no sense. Drag and fear of lasting damages on earth only go so far.

On 8/3/2023 at 2:28 AM, DecoyGirl said:

I just realized what a strange subject English or Foreign language must be for a Tamaranean...

You are not allowed to make out with school staff. Even if it would teach you everything you'd need to know to be fluent in like 50 languages. (Just realized how much of my staff know multiple languages that don't overlap...)

23 hours ago, Xerin said:

Review (Fluff): First off, love the concept. And, if chosen, does help introduce an NPC that the party would have to deal with. So the background is great as well.

On development, yeah, I agree to want to see a Starfire or Superman interaction. Does Katie view either as a parental figure? Or does she just believe that her relation to them is just this nebulus thing and just wants to meet super hero people she's related to? And if she doesn't view Starfire/Superman as parents, does she consider anyone parents?

How does Katie react to other clones/science experiments such as Superboy? What if it was a clone of a different hero, such as Raven? Would she consider them as siblings or just people with similar backstories?

On growth? Do you plan on growing other kryptonian/tamaranian power sets? Or are you "only" going to be focusing on the character growing as an actual character?

On lack of social graces... How physically open is your character? Tamaranians are an interesting bunch. They often share energies by touch, and are very physically intimate people. Starfire saw no issue with kissing Robin just on meeting in order to get a language, and only got jealous about him having physical contact when she realized what it meant in an Earthling manner. On top of that... Tamaranians enjoy the feel of sunlight on their skin and as such don't often wear much clothing.

For example, Ryand'r wearing traditional Tamaranian male garb is shown below.

spacer.png

Did the scientists disabuse Katie of that social/physical interaction?

How has being raised underground and having Red Solar Dermal baths changed her interaction with the actual sun?

Review (Crunch):

Attributes = (10+6+2+2)x2= 40 not 38

Skills: Athletics has the wrong number in the 'mod section'. Also, you were supposed to put the stat # next to the stat, or replace it in the stat column. The 'Mod' section is for moments like, the attractive giving a buff to persuasion and deception. Or having a power that gives you a buff on stealth. Also, you have 1 extra point to spend in skills to make your skill points match your power point cost. 6 pp = 12 skill points, and you have 11.

Attractive 2 gives a +5 mod in deception and persuasion, this should be marked in your skill section with a * to reference it's a circumstance bonus.

Star bolts don't have penetrating but starfist and heat vision do, even though all three powers come from the same source. Why the separation?

If penetration is symbolizing breaking through Kryptonian defenses (which might be a needed ability) you could just spend it as a 1-point quirk, if it's in general, feel free to ignore.

Spaceflight isn't needed as a power, if you were to go to space, it would be for satellite repair, and space speed would be hand waved. I have no current plans on letting you guys fly to the moon, much less outside the galaxy. Also, you being able to travel faster than light out of atmosphere but only 16 mph in atmosphere makes no sense. Drag and fear of lasting damages on earth only go so far.

You are not allowed to make out with school staff. Even if it would teach you everything you'd need to know to be fluent in like 50 languages. (Just realized how much of my staff know multiple languages that don't overlap...)

Answers to very good questions.

1: I actually had zero intention of having superman and starfire be her DNA samples.
I actually intended for it to be Zod and Blackfire.
because that's fun and I can still call Starfire Auntie if I want.

2: Not happy to meet a clone in that its just going to be a sore reminder of were she came from but maybe in a general sibling area yes.

3: Mechanically, I do plan on picking up a few other super senses but not much else. Getting a bit better at flying and all that, but mostly all the parts are in place and the rest will be advantages and skills and the like and just character growth.

4: The scientists didn't help in that. So not as open but maybe a bit more then humans. Maybe even wanting to be that open but not feeling comfortable because of being more aware of human sensibilities.

5: As for the sun part, I was just going to say it was going to a slow exchange of running out of red energy and charging on yellow energy. Maybe also as an example for slowly developing powers in areas.

Crunch: Okay I can fix pretty much all of that.
On the heat vision, I more intended that to be penetration yes. Might change up the firsts however. The heat vision technically is a Kryptonian ability to be fair I suppose so it would make sense it would be a bit different.

I'll fiddle with the mechanics a bit after work in a bit.

Okay fixed that.
Dropped Movement and power lifting for now.
Have 3 points left right now.
Going to spend them in a bit. (Reminder to myself)

11 hours ago, DecoyGirl said:

I actually intended for it to be Zod and Blackfire.

Oh... Oh my. That'll be a lot of fun.

6 hours ago, DecoyGirl said:

Also can fly about as fast as a duck now...

Be wary, we have an aggressive Goose who is also looking to get in.

Math-wise, everything is good EXCEPT the Starbolt zone. But, it's a good area of bad math. Since you have the quirk 'solar energy' which just makes it a rare descriptor that ignores Kryptonian physiology, but not much else, it's only a Flat +1. So the total cost of your power is Damage (1 per rank), Range (+1 per rank), (Quirk +1 point), (Alter power +1 point x2). At rank 5, that's 13 points, and you have it at 15. So you have two power points to spend. I'll leave it up to you whether you want a stronger set of powers, or a better flight, or to put it into another thing entirely.

12 hours ago, Xerin said:

Math-wise, everything is good EXCEPT the Starbolt zone. But, it's a good area of bad math. Since you have the quirk 'solar energy' which just makes it a rare descriptor that ignores Kryptonian physiology, but not much else, it's only a Flat +1. So the total cost of your power is Damage (1 per rank), Range (+1 per rank), (Quirk +1 point), (Alter power +1 point x2). At rank 5, that's 13 points, and you have it at 15. So you have two power points to spend. I'll leave it up to you whether you want a stronger set of powers, or a better flight, or to put it into another thing entirely.

Alright Re-Re Fixed it...
Just used the 2 points to take Advantage: Ranged attack from 2 ranks to 4 ranks.
Overall brings the two ranged attacks up to a +6 DC:18. Pen3 Heat Vision. And a +4 DC:20. Attack.

PS: Also thank you for the link to the image generator, did solve my super hero costume issue.
And to answer another question, I like the image and it does much more lean on the Zod Armor then the Tamaranians showing skin part.
Which I'm good with.

15 hours ago, Xerin said:

Character marked as completed. She looks fun.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Theand'r_Ban-El_(Future_State)

Messed with the name a bit.
And I just learned a supporting amount about both Kryptonian/Tamarniann naming conventions
And that there is a sizable Tamarniann dictionary.

Also (As link above) This has... actually kind of been done before... (In another world story) One of Clark's descendants married a tamaranian...

Also...
This poor girl is by Kryptonian naming convention, stuck with the last name Dru-Zod....

Also.. Also..
Edited the star fists power.
I just realized there is no reason to not spend points and get to the damage I want at PL:12.
It's a +14 Damage +2 Atk Ability now.

Up to 3 things you hope to avoid (and if you're comfortable, why):

A classmate concept that would be fun to interact with, but not necessarily to play as (too weak, too strong, bad power set, etc):

This can help me make the game a more enjoyable experience for everyone and it'll give some time and thought for players as they enter the game.

Things you want to encounter: And why.
1: Dorms, look in a ton of very good games (Specifically PbP is very good at this) Some of the best interactions are actually in the non-primary game threads. Dorms, cafeterias stuff like that. I can't stress how good this is for getting players to work as a team because it really does allow you to just get to know each other while not in a life-or-death story. Some of the best stories are stuff like the Teen Titans just hanging out....

2: Supportive Missions.
The JLU show actually played with this from time to time were you would follow heroes on a mission that was basically "Keep civilians safe while we handle the actual problem." This makes so much sense. And if you do it right it can really stress how important the little parts of an emergency are.

3: Player/NPC interactions.
Look I know I made a character that is kind of directly connected to 2 of the actual staff at this place. Being a clone of Superman's Kryptonian enemy. (Not that Think he will care) And... depending on how you look at it the niece of one of the staff.. (Hey wait... ... ... Is this character part of the Tamaranian royal family? Umm questions for later) But other interactions can be neat also, I would like to go check some places out. Not just my character's interactions but watching other players do their interactions and being supportive can be really nice also.

Things I don't want to see.
1 & 2: Kind of the same thing, I don't really want to show up "actual superheroes" or for them to have the idiot ball any more then actual comic characters do. You can still do stories were the characters end up solving a problem or saving the day. Just you know don't make other characters look bad doing it. (I'm sure you will not but this does really irk me)

3: Drama Llamas.
much I don't care about batmans love life in the comics I don't care about it here. Or anyone else. It's fine but stuff like that can be a bit mcuh if you take it to far.

Other Characters/NPC's.
1: A "Support character"
I love characters in comics that have super helpful powers but are just not made to be in a fight.
A character that can regenerate limbs for other people but is otherwise just a normal person.
These characters are real game changers in comic books and can be great supportive characters.

Can I offer two variations of a picture for Kaand'r? Lots of lost space for a still from a moving scene, and the pic is REALLY big trying to read on my phone screen as I draft response, :P. If you double-click the pictures (or long press on mobile) you can also resize the pic beyond what's in the one shot, if you didn't know.

kaandr_1.jpg.9e8e53a87f68522e6e61e3d20c7c664c.jpg kaandr_2.jpg.c6a2f9d3452cc47f298d0798e985a3ed.jpg