Kal Bushel, warrior priest and orchard tender

Casual Viking

Why the interest in working with the Abettor's Guild? There're plenty of mercenary and guard outfits in the world. I know this is an awkward question at this point in time, but Lord Redire has a system...

Uh... You can either pick a good apple, or you can overturn the entire bushel looking for the best. I'm here. You're here. You have work that needs doing, and you don't smell rotten. Sir.

Can you summarize the contract you chose for me? What do you expect to do during it and how do you plan to solve it? You won't be alone, how will you contribute overall?

The, uh, E-pi-cu-ri-uss journey, Sir. I expect to be following the Lord's directions, carrying luggage, keeping watch, discouraging bandits - Kal glances meaningfully at his pruning blade on a 7' shaft, maybe giving my opinions on the tastiness of things? Providing contrast to how his Lordship usually sees the world? And, uhm... if folks get angry, I can maybe handle it without putting anyone in the ground.

If you need me for the Ransom Note, that's fine too. As I see it, the man loves his no-good sons, he is going to pay their debts, fair and square, and we'd just be there so make sure it stays fair and square? Good, honest work, that.

And investigating a missing daughter, I could do that. ask some questions, I suppose.

I know I could draw up your file in a moment and likely could pull in any number of people to vouch for you, but... Where do you gain your strength and skill? What kind of training have you done and why?

Well, I don't know if you know, but in the countryside, Bushel is a common orphan name and I was found... moving on, Sir. Well, I came into service to Rhymis from the soil up so to speak. The work and the lore are the roots and the leaves. So, I'm village bare-knuckle boxing champion, I won the Apple Cleave several times - he mimes tossing an apple in the air a hitting it with a stick, and I carry the divine blessing of Rhymis. As.... as a "Bushel", Sir, I stood to inherit nothing, so my elders made sure I learned the skills to make my own way in the world, or die trying.

Kal Bushel

spacer.png

What do you think about the Immortals?
I...suppose the gods have some sort of plan. I do sometimes wonder how they will end. A rock is eternal to a man, but not to the ocean. But they're kinda like the stars, you know? I know they're there, but they don't really matter to me.

Let's try a hypothetical. You wake up one day and discover a mark on your body never seen before. You've become a First Oracle. What do you think you would end up a First Oracle of? Would you actually strive to be a mouthpiece for a new deity?

Uh... that's a stumper. I'm already spoken for, so to say. I don't know, maybe... the idea of adventure? I suppose I could get into that. It would have to be something I agreed with, if I'm gonna speak for it.

What does it take for you to consider a stranger an ally? A friend? An enemy?

I haven't ever had an enemy, Sir. I have had bullies, rivals, competitors...I've had people try to take what ain't theirs with steel in their hands, but I don't see the need for enemies. Allies is easy enough. I guess a friend is someone who has shown you time and again that he's an ally, even when he don't need to be.

Premade naan is a better pizza crust than premade pizza crust