Xaya Nev, Ice Battlesmith

BobtheWizard

spacer.png
This could be interesting. Let's see what happens.

Race: Winter Eladrin
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Class: Artificer (Battlesmith) 5
Background: Far Traveler

Passive Perception: 13
Passive Investigation: 17
Passive Insight: 13

HP: 43
Hit Dice: 5d8
AC: 17
Initiative: +2
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet

Abilities & Skills
Proficiency Bonus: +3
STR
(-1)
DEX
(+2)
CON
(+3)
INT
(+4)
WIS
(+0)
CHA
(-1)
-1 Saves
+2 Saves
+6 Saves
+7 Saves
+0 Saves
-1 Saves
-1 Athletics

+5 Acrobatics
+2 Sleight of Hand
+2 Stealth

+7 Arcana
+4 History
+7 Investigation
+4 Nature
+4 Religion
+0 Animal Handling
+3 Insight
+0 Medicine
+3 Perception
+0 Survival
-1 Deception
-1 Intimidation
-1 Performance
-1 Persuasion

Proficiencies Languages Class Feats Race & Feats

Medium Armour
Martial Weapons

Thieves Tools

Tinkers Tools

Smiths Tools

Jewelers Tools

Pipes

Common
Elf
Sylvan

Magical Tinkering
Spell Casting
Infusions
Right Tool for the Job
Tool Expertise (6th)
Flash of Genius (7th)
Battle Ready
Steel Defender
All Eyes on You
Darkvision
Fey Ancestry
Trance
Fey Step (PB/LR)
Elven Accuracy at level 4

Attacks

Weapon To Hit Damage Type/(Range)

(x2) Greatsword +1
Ray of Frost
Steel Defender

+8
+8
+8
2d6 +5
2d8 (-10' movement)
1d8 +3 (PB)

Slashing
Cold (60')
Force

Spells

Cantrips Level 1: 4 slots Level 2: 2 slots Level 3: placeholder
Ray of Frost
Mending

Any for 8hrs 1/LR

Shield

Heroism

Cure Wounds
Grease (ice)

Faerie Fire (shimmering frost)

Absorb Elements

Branding Smite 
Warding Bond
Levitate (restrain and lift)
Web (ice and frost)

Magic Items

Non-Attuned

Greatsword +1 (infusion)

Scale +1 (infusion)

Attuned 1/3

All-Purpose Tool +1 (action to know any cantrip for 8 hours, 1/LR)

Scrolls: cure wounds x2

Character Overview

Xaya is petite and thin. Her pale skin, eyes, and hair seem to radiate cold. She moves gracefully and quickly, always moving from one conversation to the next. She has a significant accent which causes her some trouble with misunderstandings in delicate negotiations. She doesn't have the personality typical for a winter elf. She is carefree and friendly and enjoys learning about other people and cultures. She is much more interested in the exploration and possible magic she will find than in glory or money. Most people like her, they just don't take her very seriously. 

Her magic is all ice based. Grease is a sheet of ice. Faerie fire coats targets with shimmering frost. Levitate creates columns of ice that grab and lift the target. Web fills an area with frost and snow. Her infusions all change the item to make it appear to be made of ice. She wears armor made of clear scales of ice and carries an ice sword. Her steel defender is a mastiff-sized dragon made of ice. Her All-Purpose Tool is an ice chisel with a hole in the base of the handle that she wears on a silver chain around her neck. (All of this is fluff. She is not even resistant to cold damage.)

Background
PHB: Far Traveler

Xaya grew up in frozen north in a peaceful community of winter Eladrin. Likes all Eladrin, she studied magic. Unlike other Eladrin, she was playful and mischievous and desperately wanted to leave her community and explore the world. She was warned. The world is a dangerous, unfriendly place. While the Eladrins' magic could protect her on the glacier, it would likely not be enough in the evil world. 

She didn't care. She didn't want to stay in this backwards community when there were so many beautiful people to meet in the world. Shortly before she officially became an adult, she said goodbye to her younger sister, Kiri, and left the glacier. She walked along the roads and never once met anything dangerous. It wasn't until she got to Waterdeep and settled in, using her magic to make a meager living as a waitress, that she met anyone that tried to harm her. 

While she was cooking, a half-orc bandit tried to rob the bar. Xaya ran over to see what he needed, got right in his face to ask with true curiosity, "What are you doing? What do you need?" The bandit grabbed her and threw her across the room. She landed on her face next to the fireplace, stood up and shook herself off. The half-orc didn't last long. One spell later and he was taken down. 

Personality Traits:
I blithely invade others' personal space in innocence. I am always picking things up and fidgeting with them.

Ideal:
I have much to learn from the kindly folk I meet along my way. I'm far from home, and everything is strange and wonderful! 

Bond:
I'm fascinated by the beauty and wonder of this new land. Though it was my choice, I lament leaving my sister behind. I hope to see her again one day.

Flaw:
I have a weakness for sweets and desserts. I will try to steal any I find. 

"Jax" - Ice Defender (4' long)
spacer.png

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)

Xaya Nev - Eladrin Artificer 5spacer.png

Post goes here.

"Speech"

thoughts in color and italics

Mechanics

HP: 43 /43 | Defender HP: 31 / 31

1st Level: 4 / 4 

2nd Level: 2 / 2

Hit Dice: 5 / 5d8 

Fey Step: 3 / 3 LR

Defender Repair: 3 / 3 LR

Any Cantrip: 1 / 1 LR

Main Hand: Greatsword
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Greatsword x2 or Ray of Frost
Bonus Action: Command defender.

Reaction: Shield if it would help.
Move: movement goes here.
Manipulate: one free object interaction goes here.

Defender Action: Dodge

Defender Move: 

Defender Reaction: Deflect Attack

Character Sheet

Xaya Nev - Winter Eladrin Battlesmith Artificer 5

Str 8 (-1) Dex 14 (+2) Con 16 (+3) Int 18 (+4) Wis 10 (+0) Cha 8 (-1)
Speed 30 ft.HP 43 HD 5d8 AC 17 (scale +1)

Passive Perception 13 Initiative +2
Vision: 60' darkvision
DM Inspiration Yes
Languages Common, Elvish, Sylvan
Background Far Traveler Feature  All Eyes On You

Your accent, mannerisms, figures of speech, and perhaps even your appearance all mark you as foreign. Curious glances are directed your way wherever you go, which can be a nuisance, but you also gain the friendly interest of scholars and others intrigued by far-off lands, to say nothing of everyday folk who are eager to hear stories of your homeland.

You can parley this attention into access to people and places you might not otherwise have, for you and your traveling companions. Noble lords, scholars, and merchant princes, to name a few, might be interested in hearing about your distant homeland and people.

Greatsword +8 attack, 2d6+5 slashing damage
Ray of Frost (range 60) +8 attack, 2d8 cold damage

Defender +8 Attack 1d8+PB force damage

Proficiency +3 Saving Throws Constitution +6, Intelligence +7
Skills Acrobatics +5, Arcana +7, Investigation +7, Insight +3, Perception +3
Weapons All weapons
Armor Light, medium, shields

Elven Accuracy +1 INT, role 3 dice if advantage

Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Trance. Elves do not sleep. Instead they meditate deeply, remaining semi-conscious, for 4 hours a day. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit a human would from 8 hours of sleep.

Fey Step. As a bonus action, you can magically teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space you can see. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Winter. When you use your Fey Step, one creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of you before you teleport must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be frightened of you until the end of your next turn.

Magical Tinkering. You then touch a Tiny nonmagical object as an action and give it one of the following magical properties of your choice:

The object sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet.

Whenever tapped by a creature, the object emits a recorded message no more than 6 seconds long.

Continuously emits an odor or a nonverbal sound (wind, waves, chirping, or the like).  

Visual effect can be a picture, up to 25 words of text, lines and shapes, or a mixture.

The maximum number of objects  is equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one object). 

Infusions. 

*Enhanced Defense +1 armor or shield

*Enhanced Weapon +1

Mind Sharpener

Replicate Item: Alchemists Jug

BATTLESMITH FEATURES

Battle Ready. Martial Weapons. Use INT for magical weapons.

Ice Defender. Make defender at end of LR. Takes its turn right after mine. 

Heal it by 2d6 with mending spell.

Revive with spell slot if died in 1 hour.

Equipment

General Inventory 

Scale +1 (infuse) 45#
Greatsword +1 (infuse) 6#

All-Purpose Tool +1 (free) 1#

Travelers clothes 4#
Backpack 5#
Bedroll 7#
Mess Kit 1#
Rations x10 20#
Waterskin 5#
Crowbar 5#
Pitons 2#
50' silk rope 5#

Scrolls

Cure Wounds x2

Coin Purse  
Platinum: 0
Gold: 17
Electrum: 0
Silver: 0
Copper: 0

100 gp diamond

50gp ruby dust

50gp platinum bands x2

Encumbrance

Max Load: 120 lbs. (15 x STR)

Current Weight: 106 (unencumbered)

Spells

Spell Save DC: 16
Spell Attack Mod: +8
Cantrips: Mending, Ray of Frost
1st: Shield, Heroism, Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Grease, Faerie Fire
2nd: Branding Smite, Warding Bond, Levitate, Web

Edited by Stygian
Removed infringing links (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Xaya Nev - Eladrin Artificer 5 (MW Sheet Link)spacer.png

AC: 17 | HP: 43/43 HD: 5/5d8 | Initiative: +2 | PP: 13 | Spell Slots: 1st 4/4 / 2nd 2/2 | Fey Step: 3/3 | Any Cantrip: 1/1 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Xaya is momentarily confused. Where am I? What is going on? She sees the ghost try to attack Varta, but it somehow instead attacks the other goblin, killing it and turning it into a ghost as well. When the other goblin dies, her confusion is lifted, but she still can't make sense of the thwarted attack. But she knows what needs to be done. 

"Jax! Keep up the fight!"

Xaya and Jax both try to attack the ghost right in front of them. Xaya swings her ice sword and Jax tries to rip the ghost apart with her teeth.

OOC: I'm going to summarize rolls here. The rolls below are a mess.

Attack 1: 22 to hit, 14 magical slashing damage

Attack 2: 15 to hit, 13 magical slashing damage

Defender Attack: 12 to hit, 7 force damage

Jax (Steel Defender) AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | Initiative: +1 | PP: 16 | Repair: 3/3

Mechanics

Main Hand: Greatsword
Off Hand: Empty

Action: attack
Bonus Action: Command defender

Reaction: Shield if it would help.
Move: to other ghost if the first one drops
Manipulate: none

Defender Action: Attack

Defender Move: to other ghost if first one drops

Defender Reaction: deflect attack

Steel Defender

In combat, the defender shares your initiative count, but it takes its turn immediately after yours. It can move and use its reaction on its own, but the only action it takes on its turn is the Dodge action, unless you take a bonus action on your turn to command it to take another action. That action can be one in its stat block or some other action. If you are incapacitated, the defender can take any action of its choice, not just Dodge.

If the Mending spell is cast on it, it regains 2d6 hit points. If it has died within the last hour, you can use your smith's tools as an action to revive it, provided you are within 5 feet of it and you expend a spell slot of 1st level or higher. The steel defender returns to life after 1 minute with all its hit points restored.

At the end of a long rest, you can create a new steel defender if you have smith's tools with you. If you already have a defender from this feature, the first one immediately perishes. The defender also perishes if you die.

image.jpeg.2897f21161f102fb9ccd802c97612188.jpeg
JAX (Steel Defender)
Medium, construct (unaligned)
image.jpeg.fbe677ffe42c6ff4c3c2eabef47024f7.jpeg

Armor Class 15 (natural)

Hit Points 31 (5d8)

Speed 40 ft.

STR
14 (+2)
DEX
12 (+1)

CON
14 (+2)

INT
4 (-3)

WIS
10 (+0)

CHA
6 (-2)

Saving Throws: Dex +4, Con +5

Skills: Athletics +5, Perception +6

Damage Immunities: poison

Condition Immunities: charmed, exhaustion, poisoned

Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 16

Languages: understands the languages you speak

Challenge:

ACTIONS

Force-Empowered Rend. Melee Weapon Attack: +7, reach 5 ft., one target you can see. Hit: 1d8 + 3 force damage.

Repair (3/Day). The magical mechanisms inside the defender restore 2d8 + 3 hit points to itself or to one construct or object within 5 feet of it.

REACTIONS

Deflect Attack. The defender imposes disadvantage on the attack roll of one creature it can see that is within 5 feet of it, provided the attack roll is against a creature other than the defender.

image.jpeg.56865abc3e2e9aa41b926a0840742463.jpeg

Notes

Threestrings, Bard in Waterdeep "Could you please deliver this to a female half-drow named Cal'al Claddani, who runs a tavern called the Flagon and the Dragon in Skullport, on the third level? Cal'al provided shelter and healing to a wounded friend of mine and I kind of owe her for it. Once you deliver the pouch, your group will be able to take refuge in a in a place called Dalagor's Fortress, located on the uppermost level of Skullport. A dragonborn mage named Felrax guards the place."

Esvele Rosznar, "my brother Kressando. He has gone down to Skullport to conduct secret meetings with the thief's guild there, for nefarious purposes I would assume. He is twenty-two years old and has fair skin, like mine, and real curly hair. Be wary though, he is highly trained in the art of stealth and thievery. He also wears a platinum signet ring bearing our family crest, a diving white falcon on a field of blue. The ring also bears an inscription 'Fly high and swoop swift'. House Rosznar to fulfil that debt. Skullport is connected to level 3 of Undermountain by the underground River Sargauth and by five meandering subterranean passageways: Beggar's Rest Pass, Shadow Pass, Steamfall Pass, Taglath's Gap, and Whisperhaunt Pass."

Edited by Stygian
Removed infringing links (see edit history)