Time stamp on dice rolls?

RedMax

Can we (in this case, the game owner) see when a roll was added to the forum, and the time of the roll?

I sometimes make rolls "off site", meaning the results are hidden from the players, but I mostly let the players do the rolls. An unusual situation came up where there was miscommunication and we both rolled, but I want to know which roll happened first so I can make a decision. (I am a bit OCD so this is really important to me.)

In a nutshell: When a player adds a roll using the dice panel
i.e. add-dice-roll.png

can the GM see when the roll was made?

No. There is no way to see exactly when a roll was made, and no timestamp visible to GMs is attached to a roll.

Technically, however, since you have to make and then edit a post to add dice, you could click the "see edit history" link and make some inferences. For example, if the post was made a 1:21 and was edited at 1:24 and that was the only edit, then that is approximately when the dice were added. If the post has been edited multiple times, however, there is no way to know at which of those edit points dice were added.

Edited by Butchern (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, Butchern said:

No. There is no way to see exactly when a roll was made, and no timestamp visible to GMs is attached to a roll.

Technically, however, since you have to make and then edit a post to add dice, you could click the "see edit history" link and make some inferences. For example, if the post was made a 1:21 and was edited at 1:24 and that was the only edit, then that is approximately when the dice were added. If the post has been edited multiple times, however, there is no way to know at which of those edit points dice were added.

This helped a lot. I wasn't sure if it appeared as a visible edit. That I can check. 🙂

But it would be cool if it was part of the roll, the timestamp I mean. This is a rare occurrence but it would have been helpful to see the timestamp with the roll; that being said, I may be the only one who would want that so I understand if it's not in high demand.

5 minutes ago, Colin said:

Slapping the Feature Request tag on this for when Eric sorts it, so that timestamps will be a possible consideration. 🙂

Cool! Thank you! 🙂

I think it might help everyone--sometimes players are posting in the OOC and also the game thread and I can see times when two characters might make near-simultaneous rolls, and determining the order of events is important to the story, and the timestamp would help with that kind of situation.

It could be determined a longer way it sounds like but the timestamp would make it a quick check.