(Int)

Awareness

(Awe)

Presence

(Pre)

4 4 3 0 6 0 0 0

Saves (15)

Dodge Parry Fortitude Toughness Will
Agi (04) + Mod 0 + Rank 3 Fgt (06) + Mod 0 + Rank 2 Sta (04) + Mod 0 + Rank 3 Sta (04) + Mod 5 + Rank 0 Awe (00) + Mod 0 + Rank 7
Total 7 Total 8 Total 7 Total 9/4 Total 7

Skills (13) & Advantages (17)

Skill Name Total Ability Rank Mods
Acrobatics 3 Agi 0  
Athletics 8 Str 4  
Close Combat(Unarmed) 8 Fgt 2  
Deception 2 Pre 0 2
Expertise(Political Activism) 4 Int 4  
Insight 0 Awe 0  
Intimidation 5 Pre 5  
Investigation 0 Int 0  
Perception 5 Awe 5  
Persuasion 4 Pre 2 2
Ranged Combat 5 Dex 0 5
Sleight of Hand 0 Dex 0  
Stealth 4 Agi 0  
Technology 0 Int 0  
Treatment 0 Int 0  
Vehicles 0 Dex 0  
Expertise(Playing Hockey) 7 Str 4  
Spare Skill Section        
Spare Skill Section        
Spare Skill Section        
Advantage Name & Rank

A Accurate Attack

B All-Out Attack

C Attractive

D Daze (Intimidation)

E Improved Disarm

F Improved Smash

G Improved Trip

H Improvised Weapon

I Languages(German; English)

J Power Attack

K Ranged Attack 5

L Startle

M Takedown

Powers (22)

Fireproof - Immunity 10 (Heat/Fire Effects)
Dragon's Breath - Ranged Damage 5 Fire
--AE: Heatwave - Environment (Extreme Heat) Rank 5 [Fort Save, 1 Minute; Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated, Dying.]
--AE: Heat Shield - Protection Rank 5 + Enhanced Damage Rank 4, Mighty

Complications // Motivations

Motivation - Doing Good - He just doesn't like it when the strong force their will on those that can't defend themselves.

Acceptance - A “Black Sheep” of a family of Nazi and neo-Nazi supervillains, Volker doesn’t want anything to do with his family legacy and hope to find a new surrogate family.
Accident - Fire powers aren't known for their control.
Obsession - A regular Firebrand who will turn just about anything political. Also has strong opinions about Ice Hockey.
Quirk - No matter what Drache does to try to hide his mutations, some things can't be hidden. His body temperature always reads as significantly higher than a normal human's in any sort of heat sensor for example.
Responsibility - Drache considers his Political Activism and Organization work to be extremely important, especially as August 17th approaches and he'll insist on being in Wunsiedel for the week leading up to and the next days afterwords.
Temper - Nazism, Neo-Nazism, and other forms of Rightwing Extremism just set him off. Even more than they do in the average person. Show him a Swastika and he will *not* be able to think rationally.

Background

You never really can escape History. Not in Wunsiedel at least.

Wunsiedel, Germany has the particular shame of being the traditional family home of two men whose names you not know but had huge and horrific impacts on human history. The first was Rudolf Hess, Adolf Hitler's 2nd-in-Command and the highest ranked Nazi that managed to avoid dying either in the war or by being executed for his crimes against humanity. He was exactly the kind of man you'd expect the Deputy Fuhrer of the Third Reich to be, but a judge decided that during all of the horrible things he did a single attempt to get England to leave the war peacefully was worth sparing his life. Rudolf Hess instead died in prison on August 17th, 1987 and he was buried in the family plot - to which Neo-Nazis have come allover the world to pay tribute and terrorize the residents of Wunsiedel every August 17th. Or just anyone that happened to not be the kind of people who Neo-Nazis think should be able to live in Rudolf Hess's home town.

The 2nd was Johann Reiter, also a high-ranking Nazi and one who took a postion as the Commandant of a Concentration Camp. When the detainees attempted an uprising, Johann put it down brutally but one of the prisoners did manage to stab Johann in the face with a broken bottle which blinded him. In the resulting tests and experiments to get his sight back and return to duty Johann acquired a terrifying array of superpowers, becoming known to the JSA as "Baron Blitzkrieg". Baron Blitzkrieg was killed in the last days of the war, but not before he had a few children of which many inhereted his altered genetics. The most famous currently active of his descendents is Volker’s cousin, the European Neo-Nazi Speedster Supervillainess "Baroness Blitzkrieg".

That was the world Volker was born into. A city that gets terrorized every August 17th by a political philosophy that the rest of the world says died decades ago. Yeah, go outside on August 17th and say that to their faces. But that's not to say the people haven't tried to fight back. During the day, August 17th has become a rallying cry for Anti-Fascists around the world as well. The German government tries to help with national guard if it looks like it's going to be a particularly bad year and if the Neo-Nazis don't leave by nightful, the Edelweißpiraten (or the Edelweiss Pirates in English) step up to protect their communities. Volker's been at least running messages for the Edelweißpiraten since he was old enough run, having to dive into the deep end of political activism early. Hockey started just as a way to keep sharp in the off-season.

Last year the August 17th had gotten so bad that the city moved and destroyed Hess's grave to try to get the Neo-Nazis to stop. This year the Neo-Nazis responded by bringing firebombs and bigger guns for their "pilgrammage", a stray incindiary woke up Volker's latent metagene and the resulting struggle against the Fascist lunatics leading to the birth of "Der Drache" or "The Dragon" in English.

The Hockey he was just doing to stay in shape, now he does it just to have an occasional break from the madness, and he's good enough that he *might* be considered for the Pro-leagues one day if he can improve his slap-shot's accuracy. As a budding superhero, Volker Riese and the other Edelweißpiraten just want the city and it's people to be safe. Things keep spiraling out of control and the Heat keeps rising. But maybe somewhere Hot is the best place to find a Dragon.

A-Day B-Day
English Foreign Language
Math Science
~Lunch~ ~Lunch~
History Gym

Edited by GleefulNihilism (see edit history)

The First Cracks of the Dragon's Egg

August 17th

KnockKnockKnock

"<Mrs. Adebayo. Mrs. Adebayo.>" Volker tries to knock on her back door, somehow both frantically but quietly.

"<Yes, what is - Oh God.>"

Yeah, news on August 17th in Wunsiedel was never good news. And when came from someone in the unofficial-official uniform of the Edelweißpiraten it was even worse. Black hoodie, black face mask, dark pants, but ready to show a white scarf at a moment's notice - and Volker was showing it. They've had time to organize this and spread the word, a year since the last big "March". The Adebayos, opened up one of those little convenience stores. Immigrants. Nigerian maybe? Volker is sure he knew at some point but doesn't remember exactly right now. He just knows something else is bigger.

"<They're right behind me. Get your family, sneak out the back.>"

"<Get in here, you fool.>" Mrs. Adebayo unlocks the door quickly, and he doesn't feel like arguing. They might need help moving a little faster. He slips in and locks the door behind them. Amazing, how different little shops like this look when the lights are off.

"<They're coming from 8th street. I'll look out West. Make sure it's Clear. Go get your family.>"

"<Yes, yes. Thank you. My husband is just getting Makena.>"

And just as the Adebayo's are ready to go out their back door, the sound of glass smashing in the store comes down the hallway.

Thermostat - 26C / 74F

"<Oh god.>"

"<Go, I'll stall for time.>"

"<ARE YOU INSANE? They have Guns!>"

"<It's the Curse of being German, We're always Passionate about our Politics. Go!>"

Thermostat - 29C / 84F

Funny, how nobody was noticing how the Red really was climbing in all the Thermometers, especially not Volker. The heat wasn't going unnoticed though.

Thermostat - 35C / 96F

"<Anyone else notice how hot it's getting?>" said one of the three men in the store with guns and knives and nice crisp suits with red armbands.

"<I noticed it too, dumb Africans probably like it this way.>" said one of the other sharply-dressed men.

Thermostat - 45C / 114F

"<No, it's definitely getting hotter Fast. Did we start the fire yet?>"

You know, Volker noticed that the first of the Neo-Nazis he came across was sweating perfusely too the point that he had to actively wipe the sweat out of his eyes to see anything, near constantly. Funny, it never occurs to him that he wasn't sweating at all. He doesn't ask, Volker lets out his inner Hockey Player and just headbutts the guy, dropping him instantly.

Thermostat - 50C / 122F

"<Seriously, what the f#$%?>"

Take a breath. Don't do anything stupid. They have guns and bombs, but he has surprise and stealth. That might be enough. He tries to keep to shadows and keep low and it seems to be kind of working.

"<I don't think we're alone. Where's Fredrich?>"

Volker manages to shoulder check one of them by surprise, right into a wall and followed up by a haymaker. Another of them goes down and doesn't get back up. Good, that should just leave one more. Just has to keep down for a little longer...

"<What was that noise? Fredrich? Oscar? ... Screw it. They wouldn't mind dying for the cause.>"

What? A quick glance and Volker sees the man fumbling with some sort of device. A firebomb. Just arming the thing. No time. Volker breathes deep once, twice - then with courage flaring he starts to charge.

"Leck mich am Arsch <and Get Out of My City> Scheiße <for Brains.>"

Thermostat - 59C / 138F

Things move too fast for words, for even clear thoughts. The Neo-Nazi pulls a gun, but the sweat coating his fingers and eyes make him fumble. He gets off a shot, a second - both miss Volker wide as he goes in for a flying tackle. Momentum takes both of them through the store's front window into the cool night air. A bomb is dropped, it bounces once, then it goes off and the world Roars in Red...

Review (Fluff): I like the concept. Super Villain lineage, hate's the origin of his powers, decides that if he's born with powers he's gotta use them the right way, fights crime. Good stuff. Will he become more dragonlike as he grows in powers (scales, alternate form, flight, etc?) or are his powers just going to get more... powerful?

Review (Crunch):

Defenses need to be worked. Mod sections are for defenses modded by attributes (such as defensive roll), or by powers (such as enhanced defenses or protection). Rank is for points that your character naturally has in that defense. I think you set them up backward. But either way, the points don't match. You have 15 points in mods, and 4 points in Ranks.

Skills need to be mathed: You have 25 skill points, or 12.5 pp.

The close combat skill requires a focus. Polearms, punching, escrima sticks, improvised weapons, etc.

The expertise skill requires a focus. Hockey, Modern trends, being a lawyer, being a doctor, etc.

Attractive would put a +2 mod in deception and persuasion.

Drop Seize Initiative - My initiative is based on post order, nothing else. I've been in games that started to die because a player who was first in initiative didn't post and other players waited for him to go instead of keeping combat moving. Combat goes Initiator team first, and the responder team second. Whichever team is a player team is done in order of who posted first unless the player posts otherwise.

Fearless: this makes you immune to the scarecrows fear tokin, you can stare Darkseid in the face and not flinch, and telepaths can't make you panic even when tinkering in your head. Does this feat still apply?

There's a typo in row G of advantages. It doesn't have to be fixed, but it keeps catching my eye.

37 minutes ago, Xerin said:

Review (Fluff): I like the concept. Super Villain lineage, hate's the origin of his powers, decides that if he's born with powers he's gotta use them the right way, fights crime. Good stuff. Will he become more dragonlike as he grows in powers (scales, alternate form, flight, etc?) or are his powers just going to get more... powerful?

Review (Crunch):

Defenses need to be worked. Mod sections are for defenses modded by attributes (such as defensive roll), or by powers (such as enhanced defenses or protection). Rank is for points that your character naturally has in that defense. I think you set them up backward. But either way, the points don't match. You have 15 points in mods, and 4 points in Ranks.

Skills need to be mathed: You have 25 skill points, or 12.5 pp.

The close combat skill requires a focus. Polearms, punching, escrima sticks, improvised weapons, etc.

The expertise skill requires a focus. Hockey, Modern trends, being a lawyer, being a doctor, etc.

Attractive would put a +2 mod in deception and persuasion.

Drop Seize Initiative - My initiative is based on post order, nothing else. I've been in games that started to die because a player who was first in initiative didn't post and other players waited for him to go instead of keeping combat moving. Combat goes Initiator team first, and the responder team second. Whichever team is a player team is done in order of who posted first unless the player posts otherwise.

Fearless: this makes you immune to the scarecrows fear tokin, you can stare Darkseid in the face and not flinch, and telepaths can't make you panic even when tinkering in your head. Does this feat still apply?

There's a typo in row G of advantages. It doesn't have to be fixed, but it keeps catching my eye.

Fluff - Thank you! I was picturing it as fully aware that he's from a lineage of particularly loathsome Nazi supervillains, is fully aware that he probably carries latent metahuman genetics but thought he either didn't get any powers himself or that what he got was extremely weak, decided to fight his family legacy anyway. [Like before the last August 17th if he had a power it was just "actually generates physical heat when angry, enough to make an indoors environment uncomfortably warm but not much more".] Getting hit by a firebomb however kicked those latent genes on and now his powers have gone up to a respectable level.

In my head, *more* the second but a bit of both. He probably won't literially become a Dragon but he'll definitely evolve into something more then just a guy who literially breathes fire. Right now I'm picturing he'll become a full-on pyrokinetic and flight is most likely in the cards for example.

Crunch - Apologies, I don't normally screw things up that badly. If you're reading this I've already gone through everything and I think everything it's fixed. The only special note I'm making is that for Fearless - Lol, no. Volker's not *that* fearless. Dropped.

The fixes freed up 3 PP, 2 of which I immediately dropped in his Powers and the third in Advantages.

One other thing, it completely slid by because I wasn't comparing your fluff and crunch together. But you're going to need to grab the advantage, languages, so you can speak both German and English, unless you don't want to speak one of those...

Edited by Xerin (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Xerin said:

One other thing, it completely slid by because I wasn't comparing your fluff and crunch together. But you're going to need to grab the advantage, languages, so you can speak both German and English, unless you don't want to speak one of those...

Nah, not going to go that weird with this. :P

Wasn't completely sold on having Fascinate anyway. Done.

2 minutes ago, Xerin said:

I'm going to mark you as complete, but double-check your skills/skill points. I did some quick math and I think you're a little bit off.

Thank you, and I think I was a couple skill points shy of what I'd bought actually. Should be fixed now. Thank you.

3 Things to See -

• Party Bonfire!
  • Practical uses for powers.
  • In town adventures.

3 Things to Avoid -

• Truth be told, I respect the story too much to really want to put any limits beyond the ones you'd expect.
  • Try not to "Magical Realm" us too much, I guess?
  • But at the same time, don't make it boring.

A Classmate Concept -

• A Friction-Controller, someone able to cancel out Speedsters via manipulating the friction of the environment around them. Unfortunately, this power looks gross.

• 2 months later...